• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:12 PM

I'm not so sure using our abilities is necessarily "magic" in the modern, common sense of the word.

I'm not sure that it should be called "magic" in that sense either...........I used the term and the concept is just linguistically anchored there I suppose. I think it's part of the total package but, like emotional maturity in most of humanity, undeveloped................... IMHO

A

So much of describing our experiences really are limited by language.  Even in my initial description here I don't think I came even close to adequately describing what is going on.

#22 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

mycochimp

• Gold VIP
  • 358 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:23 AM

I think there is a vast ocean of energy - the aether.

That being said, I don't see us so much controlling the ocean. Instead, I think its more practical to become proficient at surfing. 

this this this, exactly what I sense.  paying close attention to signs of the forces at work, listening, holding things and people lightly, the current carries one exactly where one needs to be.  intention is part of it but it's a kind of being actively passive?  surfing is not a bad description!

and to the OP, yep, people definately come down the river in clots and clumps.

Edited by tailsmcsnails, 19 February 2017 - 02:24 AM.

• Myc, Skywatcher and Alder Logs like this

#23 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,141 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:36 AM

My master...

Do you mind elaborating on the meaning of, "master"?

#24 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,886 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:53 AM

In this case, I have put myself under the guidance of someone who has shown me that he has mastered a question, the understanding of which I felt I should master as well.   Even in the case that such mastery becomes my own, I will continue to refer to this master in the same way, simply out of respect, for such a gift would not go unappreciated.    My master at times is dubious about the term, "teacher," but terms are variable and fickle.  Even contexts are slippery and mutable. 

When the OP said, "I used to be really into Buddhism.  One of my friends thinks that my 'third eye' or whatever opened and didn't shut properly.  I've heard that there are dangers to pursing intensive meditative practices without the benefit of a teacher," I took it as a serious inquiry and offered the "teacher" whom I have found to be the master of such questions of awareness and consciousness.   It didn't take him long to judge by his own predetermined criteria that I had been drawn into a cult and was unaware of my own bamboozlement, saying, "So I researched him.  Maybe you could too.  If you did you'd see that tons have been written about his cult.  And that is all it is.  Just another cult." 

I had some fun and put the terms, "Mooji," and, "cult," into a search to see a few links.   It's funny, but reading some dismissals of Mooji as not being of the level of Ramana Maharshi brought to mind that there was a time in Western academic and philosophical circles that Maharshi received the thumbs down in the high judgment of the muck-a-mucks of that day.   There was someone who was once, as the story goes, nailed up to die who said, "come with an empty cup."  

Ultimately, and this my master has shown me, the true sat guru is in all of us.   This one inside does not speak in words, does not rely on reason and rationality.    This one is not two, and even one disappears in It.  

In post #8, the OP cited all the injustice and said, "...I'm almost afraid to allow myself to get into a good mood as then some shit will go down."   If we come to base our states of being on what is only held from our perspective as a separate conditioned point of view, what the masters have called, "the dream," I see the only way out is to see this dream for what it is, and isn't.  In seeing what is not, one discerns more about what is.   But a mere intellectual grasp of a concept will fall short, will just become another philosophy, or perhaps, even a dogma.  Freedom is not there.   If the world is happening to me, I am trapped.  If the world is just a seeming happening, I am free.   To someone else, I might be thought to be caught up by a cult.   But they will not be able to show this, any more than my words can show otherwise.  

If my words, or anyone's words, can point you beyond the limitations you/anyone have accepted of your perceived world, then it was your own sincere opening that allowed you to move toward and into your own inherent freedom.  It will be you who decides to be done with the illusion of your picture of reality, your story of everything. 

Namasté (The divine in me bows to the divine in you.)

Edited by Alder Logs, 19 February 2017 - 10:57 AM.

• Arathu and Skywatcher like this

#25 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,853 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:25 AM

If my words, or anyone's words, can point you beyond the limitations you/anyone have accepted of your perceived world, then it was your own sincere opening that allowed you to move toward and into your own inherent freedom.  It will be you who decides to be done with the illusion of your picture of reality, your story of everything. 

This applies to so many forms of what is teaching. One can only point, the learner must do the seeing. A wise teacher will learn as much from those they guide as well.

Thank you.........

• Arathu and Alder Logs like this

#26 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,820 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:46 AM

IMHO......I offer, go and harass a chestnut while it's on the tree, do it with your bare hands ........it will show you a definition (I did NOT say THE DEFINITION) of "master" and "respect" .........or not........you could also cut the tree down or bulldoze it........... You're, as are we all, choosing these things even if you/we choose not to see it.

One of the best things I figured out, after getting the truth that I actually know very little while my cup overflowed with my own big ass ego, was that I am responsible for my responses to the things happening to me and around me. I create my own "heavens and hell's" and I can just as easily choose to walk away, from either. My happiness lies inside of me and embracing both the coming and going of things...including this body of mine....not holding on to any of it..........Paradise doesn't need anymore happiness............the DARK PLACES could use some brightening though but both are absolutely two sides of the same coin.................

I don't do the victim thing personally, no one comes and ruins my day unless I allow them to. (that shit is my own fault if I allow it) I accept full responsibility for myself and my place in this world. 

I suppose many folks are just looking for EASY fixes..........  I dunno.............

side note: WORLD

Origin

Old English w(e)oruld, from a Germanic compound meaning ‘age of man’; related to Dutch wereld and German Welt .

Kinda puts the responsibility of the state of mans affairs, his world, in his own hands............... 

A

• Skywatcher and Alder Logs like this

#27 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,141 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:52 AM

Thanks for taking the time to respond (btw, half my logs are fruiting now...thanks for that too).

• Alder Logs likes this

#28 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,886 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:53 PM

Mooji says, "there is only one planet Earth, but there are seven point five billion worlds." 

He also likes to quote somebody (I don't know who), saying, "I do not see the world as it is, I see the world as I am."

• tailsmcsnails likes this

#29 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:55 PM

IMHO......I offer, go and harass a chestnut while it's on the tree, do it with your bare hands ........it will show you a definition (I did NOT say THE DEFINITION) of "master" and "respect" .........or not........you could also cut the tree down or bulldoze it........... You're, as are we all, choosing these things even if you/we choose not to see it.

One of the best things I figured out, after getting the truth that I actually know very little while my cup overflowed with my own big ass ego, was that I am responsible for my responses to the things happening to me and around me. I create my own "heavens and hell's" and I can just as easily choose to walk away, from either. My happiness lies inside of me and embracing both the coming and going of things...including this body of mine....not holding on to any of it..........Paradise doesn't need anymore happiness............the DARK PLACES could use some brightening though but both are absolutely two sides of the same coin.................

I don't do the victim thing personally, no one comes and ruins my day unless I allow them to. (that shit is my own fault if I allow it) I accept full responsibility for myself and my place in this world. 

I suppose many folks are just looking for EASY fixes..........  I dunno.............

side note: WORLD

Origin

Old English w(e)oruld, from a Germanic compound meaning ‘age of man’; related to Dutch wereld and German Welt .

Kinda puts the responsibility of the state of mans affairs, his world, in his own hands............... 

A

You know where I fucked up was spending six winters laying on a beach in Hawaii.  Then when the economy collapsed i got left holding the bag.  i went from one bad living situation into a worse one.

The first situation was with a due dying of kidney failure.  When he died I got stuck with his two dogs who I dutifully tried to rehome.  That was when shit hit the fan.  His family showed up literally the day after he died to loot the estate.  Even though they pretty much ignored him for years or decades until then.  Not only did all my ads for the dogs keep getting flagged off but my ads for handyman work did to.  Shortly I was left homelss and penniless with tow dogs who I refused to separate and take to the pound and risk having them put to death.  I loved those dogs dearly.  It would seem if I did think of myself first and give them up to possible death then what purpose would life have?  Life would always be tainted so I kept them.  I sold his guns to pay a babysitter for them while I slept in the snow or my truck almost freezing to death.

Then I found my current living situation.  Which seemed good.  An elderly lady who needed a bunch of work done but couldn't afford it.  Turned out she just didn't want to pay.  Well she had a separate residence I AND the dogs could stay in and after months of being in the snow, literally not figuratively I accepted.  You know people even came and stole my blankets just to fuck with me.  Well she was an alcoholic and got drunk and tried to put her tongue in my mouth.  Well having an 80 year old woman try to fuck you can be pretty gross.  I was pissed but needed a place for the dogs so I soldiered on.

The economy just got worse and couldn't find any work.  Looked daily for years.  At one point the neighbor came over (one of my tormentors) and threw poisoned meat over the fence and tried to kill the older dog.  He died last year when I got sick.  I dunno maybe he poisoned me too.  The dog got better even after the vet fucked me but I think he had permanent kidney damage which finally killed him.

Well the elderly lady never really did back off.  Every time I'd go to the mailbox or set foot outside or try to do a project she'd be on me like stink on shit.  Even fucking with her TV to get me over there to look at my ass.  I just kept solidering on.  STill no work.  No way to move.

With her fuckign with me daily, constantly I started to feel ill.  Slowly but surely.  Weirdest thing was the other neighbors started similar shit.  Every time I step outside doors open and people run out.  The dude across the alley just stares at me cause I finally told his alcoholic ass to fuck off and quit asking me for money, not to talk to me, ask to borrow my tools, etc.etc.  Lady in back hired another handyman who it turns out was a dude that had been stalking me on craigslist.  I've got a biker gang on the other side who I finally had it out with.  They backed off after threatening to rape me but I still may kill them all if my kidneys or heart fail because of all this.

Oh yeah so sorry for that long winded ramblign bit but it leads me to the heart and kidney failure.  I got high blood pressure from the last decade and at 40 years old found myself laying face up in a hospital ward because of all the stress and was a couple days away from dying.  All this constant aggravation (oh I almost forgot about the contant phone calls still trying to find some legit work) adding to my blood pressure which was at near record levels when I was admited.  Over 200.  I could have died at any minute.  But even though they were able to bring me down I still have life long heart issues and kidney damage from the high blood pressure.

And even though they all almost killed me none of them have really backed off much.  So yeah even though I never really felt like a victim in life now I kinda do at least a little.  And a lot of what the fuck thoughts too.

#30 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:04 PM

The WTF thoughts being why would people flag my ads trying to rehome a couple of really nice lovable dogs?  Why take it even farther and flag all my ads in a completely different section lookign for legitimate honest work to pay for the dogs.  The dogs original owner always talked about how much he loved them but died with literally a million dollars in the bank and left me jack shit to pay for them.

The one dog allive still needs medical care but I don't see anyone stepping up to pay for it.  On a side note you know vets really piss me off.  Even after all this they want to tell me what a sack of shit I am for not paying for better vet care.  With what money?  AFter all this?  After incuring a hundred thousand in debt after my heart attack and kidney failure?

More WTF thoughts include how did I get stuck in the middle of a circle of incredibly psychotic, delusional assholes.

You know I've never been able to adequately describe just how these people are with the whole running out of the house thing.  It will always sound like I'm exagerating.  Like oh they are annoying or I'm imagining it.  No these people literally jump up and run outside to bug me every time I set foot outside.  Its a pretty rare day when I can step out to shovel snow without them coming out and staring at me or trying to start something.  I finally got rid of my car because the crazy horny sack of crap land lady would just run outside and stare at me, hornylike, every time I'd try to warm it up in the morning.  There are times when up to three people have run outside when I was just trying to work in the garden.  Three fuckign people with nothing better to do.  Three people.

And all the while I sit here trying to do something, anything with my life and I am just stymied with these unseen human connections.

I still may not live.  My kidneys are getting better in part thanks to the mushrooms.  I've got no money and no where to go.  And no health to go there with.  So if my mushroom business doesn't take off pretty damn quick that's it for me.  The end.  Daisy food.  And I'll likely be one of 'those guy' you read about on the evening news doing something really, really bad and noteworthy to all these people surroudning me who have pretty much ruined my life.

I'm pretty sure my land lady is going to give me the boot when she FINALLY gets it through her fuckign thick disgusting perverted head that I'm not going to fuck her .  Ever.  I'm here to get the snow off the walk, mow the lawn and keep the basement from flooding.

#31 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:05 PM

Earlier someone mentioned birds in a flock.  I saw that the other day and I was thinking well how does the bird in front know when to turn?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!