Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

How open are you about your interest in psychedelics?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 TheMorningstar

TheMorningstar

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

Just wondering. I have a tendency to want to spread good information, but given the obvious issues with that I often feel like I shouldn't. I know tons of people who could be helped with psychedelics but I never know what I should do, or if I could be putting myself in a bad situation by letting people know what I'm into.

Edited by TheMorningstar, 16 February 2017 - 11:20 PM.

#2 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,120 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:51 PM

Subtlety is your friend. One should use utmost caution especially when dealing with one's own safety. That said, I find that the people who might benefit from the things that I've been blessed with have an uncanny way of showing up.

One rule that has served me well is never, and I mean never deal with anyone who is in a hurry or seems desperate. Fungi don't have deadlines and nor should anyone else IMHO.

Beware of people wearing brand new band tee shirts too.  :biggrin: 

• Sidestreet, ChimX and TheMorningstar like this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,691 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:44 PM

I remember in my tape of the first MAPS conference (1990), on the third panel, with Ram Dass and Tim Leary in their sport coats, the invited man sent there to represent the DEA came in a tie dyed T-shirt.

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 16 February 2017 - 08:48 PM.

• Sidestreet, Spooner and tailsmcsnails like this

#4 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 4,215 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:49 PM

I've had strangers approach me and want to do or buy drugs, I suspected they were cops or informants.

Now if a guy approached me wanting an illegal substance I might tell him I only help out
people who perform oral sex on me or I'm feeling like a pirate today bend over matey, I'm putting this on the internet.
  • ChimX and happy4nic8r like this

#5 TheMorningstar

TheMorningstar

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:19 PM

Yeah, I have no interest in selling anything, ever. I only spread info. How hard do "they" go after "mycologists" anyway? I almost never hear about it. Weed people get most of the trouble.

Edited by TheMorningstar, 17 February 2017 - 12:12 AM.

• Heirloom likes this

#6 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,496 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:00 AM

Google mushroom arrest. We are on the radar now.
  • Heirloom likes this

#7 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,120 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:06 AM

Google mushroom arrest. We are on the radar now.

I found this gem doing so:

Smile! Man arrested for growing magic mushrooms in his taxpayer-funded apartment grins as he poses for mugshot
  • David Kalb, 41, from Greensburg, Pennsylvania, is facing drug charges 
  • He was arrested when state troopers allegedly found the hallucinogen in growing his home 
  • Officers allegedly found 70 mushroom plants and equipment to grow them

By Dailymail.com Reporter

Published: 16:20 EST, 8 December 2015 | Updated: 17:27 EST, 8 December 2015

A man who allegedly grew magic mushrooms in his taxpayer-funded apartment had a huge grin on his face when he posed for his mugshot.

David Kalb, 41, from Greensburg, western Pennsylvania, was taken into custody on Monday, accused of farming the hallucinogen in his public housing.

Police officers were called to his house following a disturbance. When they arrived, Kalb reportedly welcomed them in. 

2F2E67CB00000578-0-image-a-28_1449608855

David Kalb, 41, from Greensburg, western Pennsylvania, grins in his mug shot after being arrested for allegedly growing magic mushrooms in his tax-payer funded apartment

According to the Tribune-Review, police say they found 70 mushroom plants and 10 mason jars with ingredients used to help them grow.

Kalb was arraigned on charges of manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance, as well as possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

Executive Director Michael L. Washowich said the housing authority intends to evict Kalb from the facility.

'I can tell you eviction proceedings will begin immediately. Those type of illegal activities will not be tolerated and are definitely in violation of the lease agreement,' he told the Tribune-Review.

State police spokesman Trooper Stephen Limani, a 17-year-old veteran of the department, said the distribution of psychedelic mushrooms in the region is very rare.

Kalb is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison on $10,000 bond. His preliminary hearing is scheduled on December 15.

Found here:

http://www.dailymail...es-mugshot.html

• AwolMind and TheMorningstar like this

#8 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,380 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:18 AM

"How open are you about your interest in psychadelics ?"

Depends upon the crowd. At the grocery store - or at church - I'm not so open.

Sitting down puffing some herb with A. Friend - I'm very open - ask me anything.  

When folks learn of my mycology abilities they always ask, in a tongue-in-cheek way, about psychadelics (every person so far).

I let them know in a subtle way that their curiosity is very revealing (and leave it at that). Some folks recoil - oh no, not me - some folks are still curious and want to learn more. 

Most everyone is just fascinated by the entire process of fostering fungi and I really like to talk and share. 

• Coopdog, Heirloom and CatsAndBats like this

#9 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,120 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:19 AM

Depends upon the crowd. At the grocery store - or at church - I'm not so open.

Sitting down puffing some herb with A. Friend - I'm very open - ask me anything.  

When folks learn of my mycology abilities they always ask, in a tongue-in-cheek way, about psychadelics (every person so far).

I let them know in a subtle way that their curiosity is very revealing (and leave it at that). Some folks recoil - oh no, not me - some folks are still curious and want to learn more. 

Most everyone is just fascinated by the entire process of fostering fungi and I really like to talk and share. 

People ask you about mycology at church?!

• ChimX and Heirloom like this

#10 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,168 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:40 PM

I'm not open to discussing how open I am about disscussing my openness.

• Coopdog, ChimX, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#11 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,457 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:58 PM

i'm open to that openess. Always fun to find fellow travelers. 

I'll talk, but only to one person with no witnesses.

• Coopdog, ChimX and Heirloom like this

#12 ChimX

ChimX

Spiritual Forager

• Free Member
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:06 PM

There's an ocean of difference between wrong and illegal, but still a very real risk of drowning if you decide to swim in it.

No matter how upsetting, insulting or outrageous the laws against nature may be, they stand nonetheless and the powers that be will, first and foremost, try to crush those most vocal about reform.

If you've found something that brings you closer to God, or just makes you a better person, be close to God and be a better person. If you feel compelled to share it with the world, be prepared to give up your freedom and your life as you know it. Are you a hero for doing so? In my book. Will you be rewarded or remembered for it? Don't count on it.

I very much feel and understand your dilemma. God protect you either way.

-Free William Pickard.
  • Coopdog, Alder Logs and Heirloom like this

#13 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,161 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:09 PM

I showed the cops the "magic mushrooms" growing in their mulch beds..........They're human beings too for fuck sake................. and asked is that manufacturing controlled substances? The answer is NO!

How about the huge flushes all along the rivers and streams?  Again NO...............

Now twenty tubs of cubes fruiting in a room in the north......little tougher to splain............

I am wide open to creating great works of fiction, disinformation, distractions, and straight up bullshit to placate the self righteous (pharma, nicotine, alcohol, food, professional sports, money, power addicts) holier than though brainwashed idiots.

And I stand by this axiom:

DO NOT GROW AND SELL MUSHROOMS unless they're for pizzas and such (meaning growing magic mushrooms for profit IS A REALLY BAD IDEA).............DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE BLACK MARKETS AT ALL EVER..............

So say the spirits! So say I as well.............if you pray to their money god you will get the rewards of their money and philosophies.............and ALL of their evil bullshit

IMHO

• Alder Logs, Juthro and Heirloom like this

#14 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,108 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:39 PM

Most people that know me, have heard me talk about times when I was younger tripping on acid, or some such thing. You can take one look at me and figure I am guilty of something just from my posture and general appearance lol. I never discuss anything in the present tense, but if someone shows some genuine interest I am fairly open. Once I get to know someone fairly well and have confidence in their mindset, I am not above offering a care package out of the blue. I make it a policy NEVER to announce this ahead of time and NEVER to say anything in front of several people, as someone said above, not in front of witnesses lol. I also NEVER give someone their first psychedelic experience because you never know how a person will react to that and learned that the hard way.

I also NEVER sell anything or even respond to anyone pressuring me to buy anything. For Gods sake, I have so precious little access to anything, that it pains me to come off of any of my stash. I happened to get lucky years ago and come across some acid when I had the money to stock up, and someone gifted me a big sack o shrooms a while back too, and my DMT is probably 7-8 years old at least. I do occasionally gift a cactus cutting to folks, but that is a few years away from producing anything enough to trip on and is legal to own and thereby share. Probably too open really, but I never liked living behind a mask. I is who I is and I am not a poser anywhere in my life.

Peace...

• Myc, ChimX, Alder Logs and 3 others like this

#15 MrBiscuits

MrBiscuits

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:44 PM

I take the stance of the well-experienced-bearded-ethnobotanist-with-exquisite-vocabulary-and-intuitive-skills in any of my conversations that arouse the topic of entheogens.

I think people need to know that you can be an intelligent, empathic, and straight-laced person while simultaneously taking plant-drugs. Hell, you can take heavy pharmaceuticals and be a diligent member of society...not my bag, but...you can, with moderation and the right body/mind-type. People eat too much bullshit and give themselves disease....they can't tell me that what I'm doing is wrong if I'm in optimal physical and mental health.

I would, however, absolutely never suggest to anyone that it is right for them. That's for them to find out. Because...it's not right for everyone. Basketball isn't right for everyone...do you relate all of your conversations to basketball if you frequent the sport?

• Myc and Heirloom like this

#16 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 4,215 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:51 PM

I gave a smart ass answer earlier but I have been approached in years past.

The Third wave wants people to start open psychedelic communities in their towns.
I think that is to dangerous for me in my town.

Mostly those who get busted here are selling and involved in other contraband . Some of the clients
are jealous and pissed off, so they nark the dealer off to save their own skin or to get even.

I knew a guy who early in his life was a cannabis retailer. He had a client who was angry that this guy could grow high quality cannabis.
The asswipe came to this guy wanting cannabis and when he saw the bag said I'm not paying top dollar for your home grown. He thought it should be free.

The guy laughed and
told him if it was my homegrown it would cost way more. The lowlife thief bought the bag and they never dealed again, even 35 years later.

Shortly after this ( above) the dealer was approached at his home which was at a motel he ran. The nark wanted to come in and produced a joint to smoke , when he was told no, he got upset that he was made, he thought he could pass as cool in the counter culture and failed in a humilitating way.

I am open with my known people , people don't approach me, I approach them. I get a vibe from them
and know I can give them some mind expanders ( free ). This might take years.

Oh here is a case: State of Iowa v LEWIS J. ATLEY
https://erowid.org/p...ooms_law5.shtml

" Upon arriving at Atley's residence, officers found it had been converted into a large mushroom growing operation. Inside were mushrooms in various stages of growth, over 4000 mason jars, 2000 styrofoam coolers, 240 petri dishes, four 50-pound bags of brown rice, and numerous other instruments of mushroom production, including refrigerators, humidifiers, grow lights, pressure cookers, heat sealers, and packaging materials. Police also found a quantity of marijuana at the residence. Atley told the police that he did not believe his operation was illegal, and at the same time stated that he could sell the mushrooms for $860 per pound."

I'm out of likes but coopdog - I never liked living behind a mask. I hate living in hiding. I am tired
of living underground, multiple names , addresses its to much work.

I'm open to giving a President a few hits of acid, if that's ok.
  • Coopdog, Arathu and ChimX like this

#17 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,691 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:41 PM

I also NEVER give someone their first psychedelic experience because you never know how a person will react to that and learned that the hard way.

I would, however, absolutely never suggest to anyone that it is right for them. That's for them to find out. Because...it's not right for everyone. Basketball isn't right for everyone...do you relate all of your conversations to basketball if you frequent the sport?

Same here.  I always have said that there are only three things I would not recommend the taking up of to anyone, leaving it to their own choice alone; that's marriage, motorcycles, and psychedelics.  That list whittled itself down in my own doings in that same order.  If I start them back up, it will probably be in the reverse order.

I would, if it were up to me, make basketball and speaking of it illegal.   I would turn in anyone who brought basketball up in my presence.  If I could get such a law through, I would then come after hockey.    So don't say I didn't warn you.

• Arathu, Juthro, AwolMind and 1 other like this

#18 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,167 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:27 PM

****Officers allegedly found 70 mushroom plants and equipment to grow them****

Mushrooms are NOT plants.  Good golly MissMolly...

Mushrooms are classified under the Kingdom Fungi, whereas plants are in the Kingdom Plantae.  Where are these goons educated?

#19 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,691 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:52 PM

They are police scientists.

#20 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,120 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:31 PM

Do you think the mycelium care what classification that we give them? They're probably a lot more intelligent than we are. :biggrin:  Does anyone else think that that dude's face is hilarious?

• Arathu likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!