• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:45 AM

Hi topiates its time for me to do another grow thought i do a log to help me keep track to help me for future grows and maybe help others with theres.Im going to start by making an lc using just 4% honey and water then use that to inoculate pop corn then finally spawn to 100% straw.ive used this method quite a few times and im pretty confident with this method to produce some nice fruits.I will be using ms Aa+ spores.if anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to ask i will be happy to answer.STAY TUNED I WILL BE POSTING UPDATES AS THINGS START TO GROW.
  • MLBjammer, prof_it_e, peacefrog and 2 others like this

#2 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

unnaturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,505 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:27 AM

I'm on this! Good luck!

• MLBjammer likes this

#3 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,073 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:04 AM

Cat pounces on the mushroom head.................   :ph34r:  

Good vibes man....good vibes.........

A  

• MLBjammer and CatsAndBats like this

#4 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

unnaturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,505 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:37 AM

aa+ are very dear to mine heart. :biggrin:

• Arathu and peacefrog like this

#5 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:45 PM

Always good to see more AA+.
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#6 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• OG VIP
  • 1,444 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:07 PM

Pulling up a chair for this one. I am also working with um.

Good vibes.
  • MLBjammer likes this

#7 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:28 AM

aa+ are very dear to mine heart. :biggrin:

Yes indeed.  I would say AA+ is about the best cube strain.  PE varieties are a bit stronger, but AA+ is much easier to grow well and get lots of prints, etc.  It is an aesthetically pleasing strain, which is a good producer and also packs a nice smooth punch when ingested--very smooth and spacey, lots of OEVs.  

I have been growing it exclusively for the last year and don't plan on switching any time.

• FieldTrip likes this

#8 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 7,973 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:30 AM

My AA+ jars seem to be taking forever to colonize.

I think the faster colonizing Asian strains and AT have spoiled me.

Now I'm thinking "I should have run China, and saved AA+ for a summer outdoor grow".

If I wasn't too lazy to label jars I would throw another strain onto wbs.

• shakid likes this

#9 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:46 PM

Lets get this show on the road im am currently as i type sterilizing my lc.i messured with a syringe barrel 8 ml of clear honey and mixed with 200 ml of boiling water split into 2 jars and going to pc for 20 mins once cooled down i will inject 1cc of spore solution

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170218_190510.jpg
  • 20170218_190656.jpg
  • 20170218_193648.jpg
  • 20170218_193648.jpg

Edited by shakid, 18 February 2017 - 02:56 PM.

• MLBjammer likes this

#10 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

unnaturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,505 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:09 PM

Keep an eye on it as no spore syringe is completely contaminant free. Many good grow vibes despite @cue's disdain for this sentence. :biggrin:

• MLBjammer and Arathu like this

#11 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 7,973 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:22 AM

Many good grow vibes despite @cue's disdain for this sentence. :biggrin:

Only good grow vibes, Catattack?

Well I'm sending Shakid great grow vibes!

• MLBjammer and CatsAndBats like this

#12 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

unnaturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,505 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:29 AM

Many good grow vibes despite @cue's disdain for this sentence. :biggrin:

Only good grow vibes, Catattack?

Well I'm sending Shakid great grow vibes!

tenor.gif

• MLBjammer likes this

#13 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:43 AM

Just a quick update one of my lc has contamed looks like fine wispy mycelium but from experience i know its a contamn the other has no growth as of yet but still early days should see somthing in the next couple of days.i think the jar that contamn was because i didnt clean it to well in the begining and survied the the pc run.i made another about two days ago this time cleaning the the jar well then pc the jar empty just to make sure there nothing living then made the lc as i normally would.thanks for the GREAT grow vibes guys

#14 snake

snake

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:01 AM

Ditto Cue    my AA+ is very slow growing mycelium. still have mini tubs from Dec, colonizing,

#15 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

unnaturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,505 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:51 AM

Just a quick update one of my lc has contamed looks like fine wispy mycelium but from experience i know its a contamn the other has no growth as of yet but still early days should see somthing in the next couple of days.i think the jar that contamn was because i didnt clean it to well in the begining and survied the the pc run.i made another about two days ago this time cleaning the the jar well then pc the jar empty just to make sure there nothing living then made the lc as i normally would.thanks for the GREAT grow vibes guys

Ditto Cue    my AA+ is very slow growing mycelium. still have mini tubs from Dec, colonizing,

Way too long IMHO. If y'all get VIP we'll get you much faster/stronger genetics.

#16 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:56 AM

I will one day get vip i love this site and the helpfull members unfortunatly my budget just wont allow it at the mo.i have growth in my second jar.one day there is nothing then like magic fluffy little clouds of myc albeit very tiny little clouds but i know that its myc.pics to come.i had to stop growing for a while before this grow which is a shame i had a system going that i had mushrooms coming every couple of weeks.i live in a shared house and fell out with one of the house mates he was a young lad but he threated to tell the landlord i was growing so i had to get rid of it all just to be safe.he has now been evicted so i can get the ball rolling again so looking fwd to some fruits and the mushroom talking to me again.

#17 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

unnaturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,505 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:25 AM

I will one day get vip i love this site and the helpfull members unfortunatly my budget just wont allow it at the mo.i have growth in my second jar.one day there is nothing then like magic fluffy little clouds of myc albeit very tiny little clouds but i know that its myc.pics to come.i had to stop growing for a while before this grow which is a shame i had a system going that i had mushrooms coming every couple of weeks.i live in a shared house and fell out with one of the house mates he was a young lad but he threated to tell the landlord i was growing so i had to get rid of it all just to be safe.he has now been evicted so i can get the ball rolling again so looking fwd to some fruits and the mushroom talking to me again.

Sounds like a bad egg! Good riddance! Welcome back!

#18 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:26 AM

Quick update my lc is nearly ready for testing. I will probably be testing the lc on wednesday when i get paid as i need to get some grain i will be using popcorn as that is easily available to me and it what im used to.just for noobs here is a pic of two lc the one on the left is contam its very hard to tell the diffrence so test your lcs befor noccing them up so you dont waste your grain20170310_130610.jpg
Here is a pic of my the lc i will be testing on wed fingers crossed it not contamn20170310_130408.jpg
Stay tuned

Edited by shakid, 10 March 2017 - 08:27 AM.

#19 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

Well my test jar has come out ok so ive just put 1 kg of pop corn into soak i will be putting them on simmer tommorow for 45 to 50 mins or till soft then lay them out on a tea towel till dry to the touch then load up the jars and pc for 90 mins then wait till cool then inoculate with my lc.ive added two table spoons full of gypsum to the soak aswell
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#20 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

This is AA+?

Edited by MLBjammer, 22 March 2017 - 05:56 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!