72 replies to this topic

#21 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:24 AM

This is AA+?

Yes the strain im growing is AA+ multi spore my favorite at the mo it packs a nice punch is a good producer nice thick prints and is nice to look at it ticks all the boxes

#22 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:25 AM

Yeah, I agree on AA+. I have been growing it for the last year. Tough to beat, as far as cubes go. And the trip is very underrated or just not discussed much.
  • peacefrog likes this

#23 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:25 AM

Well ive had to restart as all of my jars have contamnd :( never mind.so ive made some new lc about 6 days ago ive made 1 aa+ as this is the last of my aa+ spores so im am really hopeing that this lc will be ok so i can replenish my aa+ and i have also noced up two burma so i will have to change the title to this thread unless of coarse my aa+ will be ok but as i said i only have one jar it looks ok but you can never tell with lc.im gonna have to broaden my skill level and learn to do agar.its not over just set me back a few weeks
  • MLBjammer likes this

#24 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

LCs can be tricky, especially from spores, so don't feel bad.  Good luck with what you have left, and thanks for updating.

#25 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:08 AM

LCs can be tricky, especially from spores, so don't feel bad. Good luck with what you have left, and thanks for updating.

Not feeling bad it happens it kicks me into shape to be honest you start to get complacent then you get a contamn and you go back to proper sterile teks lol do it properly ;D

#26 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:22 AM

Update i inoculated 5 quarts of popcorn three days ago with burma lc i have growth in all jars and it looks clean no contams :D.i dont know how to change the title as this is now a burma grow.first pic is of 2 quarts with the most growth second is of the lc i used to inoculate

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170411_151553.jpg
  • 20170411_151646.jpg

• MLBjammer, Arathu and CatsAndBats like this

#27 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:48 AM

I changed the title for you, listing both strains--if that is okay?

#28 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:11 AM

thank you for changing the title i didnt know how to do it myself and also taking an intrest in my thread.i love this site and the members as soon as i can afford it in my budget im going to become a vip member to get the most out of this site.
  • MLBjammer and Heirloom like this

#29 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,223 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:56 AM

Nice work man..............that LC looks killer.....but you're results with it are the proof in the pudding.

Excellent so far.....steady as she goes..

A

#30 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:24 AM

thank you for changing the title i didnt know how to do it myself and also taking an intrest in my thread.i love this site and the members as soon as i can afford it in my budget im going to become a vip member to get the most out of this site.

I don't believe you can edit the title unless you are a moderator.

Thanks for the kind words and intentions.

#31 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:49 PM

I had one jar contamn only a very small contamn in fact it was just one grain went green so decided to re-sterilize the jar and inoculate again with my lc now its growing fine with no contamn so if you catch it early on then re do it seems to work fine.not long now till i do my spawn run about 4 days stay tuned for pics

#32 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,954 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:59 PM

I had one jar contamn only a very small contamn in fact it was just one grain went green so decided to re-sterilize the jar and inoculate again with my lc now its growing fine with no contamn so if you catch it early on then re do it seems to work fine.not long now till i do my spawn run about 4 days stay tuned for pics

I don't suggest it, but I do it. Gotta watch carmelization though, it will slow things down a touch IME. Not wise with cakes, the hydration gets all screwy btw.

Edited by CatsAndBats, 15 April 2017 - 01:59 PM.

• shakid likes this

#33 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:10 AM

Time for a shake i tend to shake my jars once three days after inoc let it recover for 3 to 4 days when it recovers its about 30% colonized i then shake again(this is where im at now) i then leave it till its 100% this takes about another 4 days i shake it once more just to see if its colonized all they way through let it recover for a day or more if not complete then spawn all in all may grain jars take about a week and a half from inoc to 100%.i love the way the mycelium wraps around the corn

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170416_074151.jpg
  • 20170416_074035.jpg

#34 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,954 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:12 AM

Time for a shake i tend to shake my jars once three days after inoc let it recover for 3 to 4 days when it recovers its about 30% colonized i then shake again(this is where im at now) i then leave it till its 100% this takes about another 4 days i shake it once more just to see if its colonized all they way through let it recover for a day or more if not complete then spawn all in all may grain jars take about a week and a half from inoc to 100%.i love the way the mycelium wraps around the corn

Do you not shake at inoculation?

• MLBjammer likes this

#35 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:05 AM

Do you not shake at inoculation?
I don't no reason why except that its just the way i do it.i should shake when i first innoc but i always forget and i am now in a routine of doing this way.anyways time to spawn my jars are at 100% i am pasteurizing my straw as i type.my method is to cut the straw into 1" lengths i then soak over night after the soak i boil some water in a large pot and pour over the straw till its totally submerged i keep boil more water in a pot and keep pouring once its boiled by the time the next pot has boiled it cools and i add another pot of boiling water to keep temps up around 170 f ish i do this for about two hours then drain and spawn i do layers a layer of straw then a layer of spawn the last and first layer will be straw i then cover with a bin liner poke a few holes for ge and leave to colonize takes about two weeks.
  • MLBjammer and CatsAndBats like this

#36 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:37 PM

Just a few pics of tub

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170424_172321.jpg
  • 20170425_003045.jpg
  • 20170425_003110.jpg
  • 20170425_003123.jpg

• MLBjammer likes this

#37 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

5 days after spawning and all seems to be ok nice white mych and that lovly mushy smell

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170429_153248.jpg

• MLBjammer likes this

#38 sandman

sandman

Essence of Gypsum

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,976 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:06 AM

That's not very colonized on top for 5 days. Straw might start to contam soon.

#39 sandman

sandman

Essence of Gypsum

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,976 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:11 AM

IMO straw is not a good choice for trays, it really needs to be compressed far more than a couple of bricks is going to give you in order to get a decent mass. A straw bale only weighs like 30 lbs and when shredded it's a pile the size of Kansas. Not much to get any biological efficiency from if it's not compressed.

Edited by sandman, 30 April 2017 - 08:16 AM.

#40 shakid

shakid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:36 AM

IMO straw is not a good choice for trays, it really needs to be compressed far more than a couple of bricks is going to give you in order to get a decent mass. A straw bale only weighs like 30 lbs and when shredded it's a pile the size of Kansas. Not much to get any biological efficiency from if it's not compressed.

I hear what your saying i have found straw to be an excelent substrate to use its cheap and easily availible i have had some really decent results using this method.thanks for chiming in but i disagree im no expert and there are better methods and subs to use but i am happy with this method and the results i get
  • sandman likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!