Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,993 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:12 PM

You seem to write ok and understand.

"yes, i have clean master. still all white in fridge. same in a jar without FAE.."

yes, i have clean master. still all white in fridge. same in a jar without FAE.. :=)

if i strip a clean full colonized mycelium just on an exposed area.. and mist it often.. will it stink after a few days of exposing to everything in the air ?

i do have a big glove box.. a big one.. the biggest plastic organizing box i ever found in ikea ... just for the mycelium.. did it before i started making any mycelium. because i am a believer that air is full of bad guys..

Then a language problem arises.

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 19 February 2017 - 04:13 PM.

#22 andrewysk

andrewysk

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Honestly, I'd start over if I were you. I mean try fruiting it but getting clean healthy myc is a much better strategy than trying to get contaminated cultures to respond IMHO.

hii catattack.

i truly understand it.. because almost everybody said the same thing.  :mellow:

but what i don't understand is, if i started again from new, and the mycelium colonized the grain medium.. all clean.. all done right to the word.. and now, is the junction of decision. :blush:

case scenario: i don't need more mycelium. i have had enough of grain mycelium.

i want this clean colonized mycelium to bear fruit instead of expand to more grain or substrate. it comes to the same thing.. how can i make it fruit ? because it will still be all white covered mycelium.. no pinning..   will it not ?  :meditate:

So you do have completely clean master mycelium somewhere? Or are able to obtain new culture?

The answer to most pinning problems is almost always more fresh air exchange (FAE), in my humble opinion (IMHO) of course.

Autoklavierbeutel, BIOHAZARD, Folienstärke 50 µm, 300x500 mm B22998.jpg Art.-Nr.: 40 VB30050

Volumen ca. 8 L
100 Stück im Pack

hii, do you think this bag can do ? it is autoclave bag.. but the thickness is not so thick as straw log poly tubing.

#23 andrewysk

andrewysk

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

http://www.suedlabor.de/4DCGI/ezshop

#24 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,993 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:17 PM

If it stinks is is bad.

I suggest following a beginner tek to be certain of a harvest.

#25 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 721 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:20 PM

Lets me start you with this (click here) really basic tek that will guide you into growing oyster mushrooms.

You can use it for most of your needs: fruiting, as spawn, tissue clones, and so on.

#26 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 721 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:21 PM

Master that, then you can move onto harder, more rich methods. Take steps, and learn the easy way.

:biggrin:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!