Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

are you "in control" at the 5-7 gram range (cubes)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 TheMorningstar

TheMorningstar

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:16 PM

like if i decide to lay in bed the entire time before hand, can i reasonably expect to stick to that? Last thing I want is to rip my clothes off and go outside or something lol

• Alder Logs likes this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 3,015 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:34 PM

Lol depends if you are the type of person that has a history of doing things like that. I often take doses that size and have never lost control. But I definitely wouldn't attempt to drive or go to the grocery store. In fact I prefer to only be around people in the same state of mind in a safe setting.
  • Coopdog and Heirloom like this

#3 TheMorningstar

TheMorningstar

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:37 PM

Lol depends if you are the type of person that has a history of doing things like that. I often take doses that size and have never lost control. But I definitely wouldn't attempt to drive or go to the grocery store. In fact I prefer to only be around people in the same state of mind in a safe setting.

no i dont usually do that lol

but i want to make sure if i decide to stay laid down, that i will. im pretty clumsy im sort of afraid ill fall down the steps or something.

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 3,015 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:44 PM

Just be sure to plan to not stay in bed in case you want to wander. Know your exits and routes to the restroom if need be. I dosed a female friend not to long ago and she couldn't find the bathroom 15 feet in front of her or the door to the lawn in case she needed to purge. The next morning I found lil mini spots of Ralph randomly in the area she wasn't able to move from for 4 hours.
  • Coopdog and TheMorningstar like this

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,132 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:08 AM

I found the only place I wanted to be was in my bed, in the dark, when I ate the unknown number of grams (a big bag) that was given to me by a person who had gotten it directly from Terence McKenna, and called it, "a shamanic dose" (I didn't know at the time that he knew Terence, or that it was Terence who had called it that).   I don't know what the ratio between heroic and shamanic is, but my guess is that shamanic is the bigger one. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 20 February 2017 - 12:08 AM.

• Coopdog, Heirloom and tailsmcsnails like this

#6 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

detective dorkasaurus

• OG VIP
  • 7,702 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:56 AM

I mean if one is to do a "heroic dose" or a shamanistic level dose, one should be out in nature IMHO. Otherwise what's the point? The first humans that dosed didn't have beds or youtube or indoor plumbing etc..  :tongue:

@tv has a great post on dosage levels:

https://mycotopia.ne...time/?p=1260688

Here are some of my thoughts on the same thread:

I've tripped a bazillion times (on all of the trip vehicles), and at the risk of sounding cliche, 'setting the tone' seems to be the only real guide that I've used with great success. It applies to everyone, from the casual psychonaut, to one seeking ultimate spiritual enlightenment. 

When one is a caregiver of these fantastic organisms, one is basically just setting them up with the best chance for success, same with oneself and using this gift.

Basically, be safe and do large doses with specific intent, let our fungal friends tell you what to do. Purrhaps if you ask them they will "answer" (or purrhaps they are already speaking to us and we just need to listen).

I'm just a cat though, I can barely work this keyboard.

• TVCasualty likes this

#7 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,132 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:31 AM

I mean if one is to do a "heroic dose" or a shamanistic level dose, one should be out in nature IMHO. Otherwise what's the point? The first humans that dosed didn't have beds or youtube or indoor plumbing etc..  :tongue:

I don't remember the year of that trip, but I do remember the date, and it was January 25th, between 25 and 30 years ago, the date that a large monetary debt was due to be paid me, and I had just days before, learned that I was going to get stiffed.   Not getting that money crashed a planned move to just outside of Gila, New Mexico.   So, I ate that to sort out what it meant to me.   Much of the fallout of that trip became inspiration for that piece I wrote and posted here a couple times, called, Clearcut Feelings.  

• Coopdog likes this

#8 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,813 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:59 AM

Lets us know how the trip was , Morningstar. 5-7 gm's is a lot of fun and I expect you will learn something that will help you.

I prefer to do them in the dark for the best visuals. I find that amount affects my coordination, walking is difficult but crawling is ok.
  • Coopdog, Saphroziac and CatsAndBats like this

#9 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,693 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:22 PM

Take your clothes off right when you eat your dose as that way you won't rip them if they start to chafe. :thumbs_up:    :meditate:

But in all seriousness, whether you'll stay put for an entire high-dose trip is kind of hard to predict. But you're not likely to do anything you're not otherwise prone to doing, so exhibitionists might get naked but those who don't get naked in public sober probably won't do so tripping on mushrooms (or any other entheogens, either IME). Drugs that cause dissociative states or full-on psychotic breaks (e.g. PCP, scopolamine/atropine, a six-day bender on meth, etc.) are another story.

My very first dose (ever, on anything; even weed) was 7 dry grams of cubes and I tripped at home in bed in total darkness/silence like I read they traditionally did in Mexico (with my parents asleep upstairs!), but after the first wave of very intense and profound visions passed I jumped out of bed, turned the light on, and stood there thinking "WTF just happened?!?!?" for a minute or so, then as more waves of intensity came I couldn't help but wander all around the house (it was a big house) checking things out with my new eyes, but I never wandered outside that night and somehow I also didn't wake up my parents.

On other indoor, high-dose trips I'd planned on staying in a comfy spot I prepared indoors but when the peak came on I felt very confined and uncomfortably claustrophobic and there was no calming down until I went outside, even if it was just as far as the front porch. It might've been caused by stuffy indoor air; as soon as I breathed fresh air outside I instantly felt great and all was well. So at least try to ensure your indoor trip space is clean/uncluttered and has ample fresh air.

• Heirloom likes this

#10 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

detective dorkasaurus

• OG VIP
  • 7,702 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

The importance of fresh air exchange is often overlooked  :biggrin: 

• TVCasualty, Arathu and AwolMind like this

#11 JanSteen

JanSteen

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 136 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:10 PM

If they are cracker dry, I tend to lose (ego) control with everything over 3 grams. Meaning: my thought process is corrupted and I can not control what I think about. I smoke weed with it, so that's something I'd expect to happen.
But that doesn't mean I want to rip off my clothes and run around like a maniac. It just means that I have to remember to wipe my ass after taking a shit, instead of being mentally busy with world politics and chemistry at the same time.

Setting is 50% of the trip. I do it indoors during winters with a cozy bed and extra blankets, out in the forest during summers. Mental state - in my humble opinion - less than 5% since the shrooms will rollercoaster it around anyways. Being with nice people can account for the other 45%. I've learned that if you're in a +1 situation, it's better to don't lay out the entire evening for yourself. I have a friend that does that, he lets his evening be ruined if other people enter the room and goes in total lockdown mode because "That's not how I imagined this evening to be.". It's awful to see a person trip like that.
But personally, I prefer tripping alone over together. My old tripping partner and I synced up so much, that we just didn't know any more who was doing what or who was thinking what. I remember all to well not making a joke - but just thinking it - and both laughing out loud hysterically. The same thing happened with playing console games; the guy was giving me hints and I acted on those, but actually he was the one holding the controller. It became tiring after a few times, and it kind of freaked me out.

Start at low dosage, you can always add some more if that's not enough. You'll have about 3-4 hours to decide about that, so if you set a timer or something (think about the sound being smooth, not a beating metal song!) it'll be a good trip no matter what.
Keep a window cracked, yeah!

Edited by JanSteen, 22 February 2017 - 04:10 PM.

#12 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,560 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:58 PM

I don't find large doses make me prone to do outrageous things. But that doesn't mean I am capable of reasonable interaction with others. I find it difficult to interact with people I don't know when tripping balls.

But to be fair, I plan my set and setting fairly well, and when I go deep, I tend to be in a secluded place, and by myself, so the risk to the general public (and me too) is at a minimum, lol.

Also, I've flow these skies before, and I have a pretty good idea what to expect, and how I will react to it.
  • Coopdog and mjroom like this

#13 TheMorningstar

TheMorningstar

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:55 PM

Lets us know how the trip was , Morningstar. 5-7 gm's is a lot of fun and I expect you will learn something that will help you.

I prefer to do them in the dark for the best visuals. I find that amount affects my coordination, walking is difficult but crawling is ok.

Probably going to do it this weekend. 5.4 grams. I will probably post a trip report. I usually get spiritually charged trips, even morning glory seeds did it this way.

I had 500 seeds of morning glory seeds, ate them whole after grinding them. It was pretty intense, I was able to stay inside for 12 hrs (the entire trip) so I guess i will be able to for these? The most ive done for shrooms was 20 fresh grams (so approx 2 grams dry)

Edited by TheMorningstar, 22 February 2017 - 09:56 PM.

• Heirloom and Gnomesayin like this

#14 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,061 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:52 AM

I have done some huge doses and been fine. The times I have had uncomfortable doses is usually around 3-4 grams, but never done anything like running around naked...well that one time but it was on purpose lol ;) I don't find myself prone to anything I would not normally do, however I have had some strange turns of my thought process. Like someone above said these are familiar waters and as long as something too serious happens all is usually well. Turn off the cel phone, unplug the landline and don't answer the door if that might be a problem.

Good luck and positive energy for your trip. Peace and be safe.

• Juthro likes this

#15 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,693 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:58 PM

5-6 dry grams crunched up and pre-soaked in fresh-squeezed lime juice is the way to go when going big IMO. I've yet to find any disadvantages to doing this, only benefits.

Just be sure you get your body situated wherever you want to park it for the trip within 10 minutes of chugging the slimy shot of fungi and juice. I prep a comfy spot (ground pad, wool blanket, full water bottle handy), usually outside by a fire that I'd already started and built up a good bed of coals in so that feeding it is just a matter of tossing more wood on it (fussing with starting a fire after the trip starts can be tricky but serves as good entertainment for anyone else who happens to be around). And don't forget to pre-stack a good supply of wood close by. Really close by, lol.

So my prep is: Arrange my trip spot, start the juice soak, then start the fire if I'm having one, take the dose (let it soak at least 20 minutes), brush my teeth (don't skip this step), head to spot and get comfortable, await blast-off (you won't be waiting long).

You will not be disappointed.

Edited by TVCasualty, 24 February 2017 - 02:59 PM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#16 TheMorningstar

TheMorningstar

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:22 PM

so i did it. ill try to explain my experience but im sort of mentally exhausted lol

it was completely positive. I had ego death. Its strange that many people warned me about this, because i found it quite liberating. This was the most intense trip ive ever had, but also the most straight forward. it was very focused on this "one thing" (which ill describe in a bit). Let me give some background here, because all my trips are related.

I used morning glory seeds several months ago, with a high dose (500 seeds, grinded and eaten whole). It sort of explained Karma and a bit of Gnosticism to me. Not really using language but just through pure understanding of reality. It also showed me, directly, that the universe is infinite, and all we can do is make choices, and none of them are necessarily better than any other but you have to choose your path. It said reality is part of the "all" that does not understand its self. I was pretty close to ego death here, but I wasnt quite there. This was an extremely CHALLENGING trip, not only on my body but also on my mind (I wouldnt take it back though, it was very valuable)

My first mushroom experience felt like there was a feminine nature spirit with me, communicating a feeling of love for everything. A pure rush of emotion and emotional healing. This was at 2ish grams (it could have been closer to 3. i used a very inaccurate scale). It also told me that I need to try mushrooms again, but at a higher dose, because there are messages waiting for me.

A few months go by and now I am here, I have my 5.4 grams plus two aborts. As I'm coming up, I get this very intense feeling. Im having a rush of thoughts, and as it gets more intense I slowly creep into the feeling of "oneness" or nonduality. Before I was totally there I felt like I create reality. Having remembered my morning glory experience, I was having a similar feeling of infiniteness, so I decided that there will be pure bliss, happiness and joy for everyone, including myself. Well, it happened. Before I had ego death, I started to have euphoria (mind and body) that was so unbelievably intense that I felt like I was going to explode. I was probably making a lot of noise, I definitely screamed at some point because it felt way too good. It felt like I had information that could not be put into words, I felt sensations that were beyond my physical self. As this was going, I was having visions of this "one thing" (it could be god, or my higher self). Looking at it was so intense. Joyous, but almost like too much. I had a moment of being purely in touch with it (I would say this is ego death) but I often struggled to maintain it. While I had it, I would ask, "What am I?" I lost connection to my physical body and such, the meditative music I had ceased to exist, the visuals were not really there anymore. I kept losing it, trying to explain it to myself, then I would snap out of it and get back into focus telling myself, stop explaining, just experience. While coming in and out of this state, I felt like my body wasnt really "me" and that I was sort of a prisoner of it. I felt a connection to my consciousness and everything else was just whatever. One of the things I learned is that all of reality, physical, informational, emotional etc all comes from "looking" away from the higher self. What reality as we call it is actually us "describing" what "it" is, and many of us get caught up in trying to explain it that we lose focus on focusing on it. But at the same time, this is also not bad. Because its a lot to handle. I guess this is where the "all" that does not understand its self comes in. The information we create, the emotions we create etc are all aspects of god, but we look away and try to recreate it, and the recreation is a lower form of god. When you get caught up in the recreation, its possible to lose focus on "it." Its like someone describing something instead of experiencing it. But strangely, recreation of what "it" is is also "it." I dont think this can make sense unless you're blasted out of your mind with some psychedelic substance haha.

I realize there are some contradictions in what I say, and that Im also "describing" while my experience was about "not" describing. But I guess thats what nonduality is all about. Right now "I'm looking away" because I'm still coming to grips with how insane it was. A lot of my trips have to do with the nature of reality, and I always go into a meditative state. I dont think Im the type to take a bunch of shrooms and go to a festival or anything. Not that theres anything wrong with that. But I've explained some of these things to some other people and they think its weird because they use them for social reasons :P

Edited by TheMorningstar, 25 February 2017 - 01:26 PM.

• Sidestreet, TVCasualty and Alder Logs like this

#17 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,813 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:48 PM

Some experiences are difficult to put into words, some thing need to be experienced .

I recall experiencing cosmic conscious and only those who experienced this understand,
words fail to describe an experience of this type.

Tripping can be fun but so can school, the fun is in the learning about ones self and place in the universe , understanding all. The transformation that can be offered to a person if they integrate what they saw, felt, learned into everyday day life. To be the best person they can be. They seek to have a clear conscious and be happy.

I am a better person for having done psychedelics, some of my friends and family did not understand.
However they seen a change in me, for the better.

I put people as ease when I met them, I understood them, I treated others as I want treated.
I went to the edge stood and looked down , lost a lot a of so called friends there, I had to go my own way. My family even got upset about my change as I demanded complete honesty and valued Life more than money.

I was in a car accident and the underage driver did not have a permit to learn, his grandparents owned a Cadillac dealership. I did not feel I was hurt and refused to take their money. My parents were furious with me, for my honesty. They though I was a fool because I could of got rich , even if I had to be dishonest.

Some of those who have this experience start to become more concerned about their fellow man , caring for the homeless , feeding & clothing people.

Psychedelics made me a better man.
  • Sidestreet, Alder Logs and TheMorningstar like this

#18 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,132 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:37 PM

...blasted out of your mind with some psychedelic substance...

No, one does not have to be "blasted out of [one's] mind with some psychedelic substance."   One can simply choose to be out of one's mind (in the best possible sense).   If psychedelics can show you the possibility when blasted, don't doubt the possibility when you (as the ego state) are not blasted.  Being in our minds is just an entrenched habit, so normal to us in time that we have required the five to seven grams for relief.   The beauty of the trip is that glimpse that shows us the possibility.   Then, having the glimpse, and returning to our habitual relationship to the mind, with its set of thoughts and belief, the problem can be, we, as mind, can assume the blast to be our only way out.   The thought, "maybe not," can be the ticket out, an entertaining of possibilities. 

I bless and honor the mushrooms for all the seeing, because they made it so clear, even if only momentarily, that the underlying unity exists.  The duality can be seen from the unity, but the unity isn't seen from the duality, because only one is fully real and true.   Thinking about is itself dualism.  There needs be the thinker and the thought about.  Two.   The experience and the experiencer.  

Before I was totally there...

...you were the "I" that could believe it could get somewhere.   The I and the somewhere.  Two.   Then that I dissolved into oneness, having momentarily lost its idea of identity.   Then you could watch that I, struggling to "maintain it."  Watch that I whenever you can, and you may start to see it for what it is, and is not.  Then, seeing it, you may see something more true in yourself, as the seeing.  That you is always here, no blasting required.   That you is ready to teach your mind to give up some bad habits, concerning its ideas of it being you.  

Okay, I better shut up maybe.    I loved your report.

Namasté

Edited by Alder Logs, 25 February 2017 - 06:36 PM.

• Sidestreet and TheMorningstar like this

#19 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 278 posts

Donator

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:21 PM

bless and honor the mushrooms for all the seeing, because they made it so clear, even if only momentarily, that the underlying unity exists.

Very true alder

They really are a most wonderful being ,it and only it has given me my life back from the most wretched of pain
No medical doctor and i mean none no matter his experience can come close to providing anything

They are my most precious thing medicinally and spiritualy

All hail

#20 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,368 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:32 PM

oneeye were you one of the peeps who were suffering from cluster headaches?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!