29 replies to this topic

#21 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:25 PM

The perspective that sees other perspectives, this is a greater seeing, yes?

Fractal zoom back meditations as watcher uncovering watchers, bubbles of awareness....almost as much fun as my mobius negations.............

A

• wildedibles likes this

#22 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,976 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:36 PM

The perspective that sees other perspectives, this is a greater seeing, yes?

I would agree to that sometimes but at other times it could be too much information ;)

...and yes we have a few patches of dirt / grass for now we r haveing a big melt about time tho couldnt see over the snow banks ...now we have to swim to the store ice and water make for a slippery walk with the dog ;)

......now back to the thread ..... weather and spirituality go hand in hand for me tho.... I belonged to a church but never went when I was a kid but my parents took me to parks and into the woods as much as they could ....we went camping for holidays and helped my dad cut wood to keep us warm in the spring.....we learned that thoes pesky bugs were as much a part of the woods as the spring flowers are and to enjoy the beauty that is around brings me peace :)
  • Spooner likes this

#23 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:13 PM

The perpetual order of the universe
Would tremble, and a gap yawn in woven Fate.
If men were not and all were brilliant gods,
The mediating stair would then be lost
By which the spirit awake in Matter winds
Accepting the circuits of the middle Way,
By heavy toil and slow aeonic steps
Reaching the bright miraculous fringe of God,
Into the glory of the Oversoul.
My will, my call is there in men and things;
But the Inconscient lies at the world's grey back
And draws to its breast of Night and Death and Sleep.
Imprisoned in its dark and dumb abyss
A little consciousness it lets escape
But jealous of the growing light holds back
Close to the obscure edges of its cave
As if a fond ignorant mother kept her child
Tied to her apron strings of Nescience.
The Inconscient could not read without man's mind
The mystery of the world its sleep has made:
Man is its key to unlock a conscious door.
But still it holds him dangled in its grasp:
It draws its giant circle round his thoughts,
It shuts his heart to the supernal Light.
A high and dazzling limit shines above,
A black and blinding border rules below:
His mind is closed between two firmaments.
He seeks through words and images the Truth,
And, poring on surfaces and brute outsides
Or dipping cautious feet in shallow seas,
Even his Knowledge is an Ignorance.
He is barred out from his own inner depths;
He cannot look on the face of the Unknown.
How shall he see with the Omniscient's eyes,
How shall he will with the Omnipotent's force?
O too compassionate and eager Dawn,

Part Three
Book Eleven

The Book of Everlasting Day Canto One
The Eternal Day: The Soul's Choice
                      and the Supreme Consummation

Edited by Arathu, 22 February 2017 - 03:23 PM.

• wildedibles and Skywatcher like this

#24 Akari

Akari

The Priest and Priestess as One

• OG VIP
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:47 PM

Just started a new job, haven't been able to fully read the replies. Just wanted to say that since I haven't had a chance to get back to it.
  • wildedibles likes this

#25 Akari

Akari

• OG VIP
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:50 PM

...I am far from convinced that there is an all powerful entity that is cognizant of our existence, and demanding a set code of conduct.

entity: n.

1.  something having real or distinct existence; a thing, esp when considered as independent of other things

If nothing exists outside of everything (my accepted view -- for the purposes of discussion only), whether material or non-material, even cognizance itself is but a speck within it.   Anything else we might try to tag onto What Is is as a feeble joke, bellybutton lint notwithstanding.  Knowing oneself as the whole of It, seeing It divided by mind into whatever pieces, is seen to be in an acceptance of the illusion that The Whole does not have the wherewithal to take care of itself.   An assumption that It has a past, and the projection that It has a future, is to dive headlong into the illusion of time, something existing outside of Presence, when no one can lay a past or a future before us in any real form.   Even form resides within the Formless, from which it has sprung.  

Love... I accidentally deleted some.

#26 Akari

Akari

• OG VIP
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:23 PM

Sorry I'm so late.

Alder's perspective is profound.
Who was your main teacher? Cacti or fungi?

I know something special.
Marriage of all religions.

My soul is the moon. My heart is the trees.
I feel pagan in her breeze.
But I know that I am wiccan
When I write or I make teas.

Jesus was my first love,
Who can deny Messiah?
But Lucifer's chocolate,
Was one I couldn't deny. Ah...

Some need like to be beaten,
Forced and meant to kneel,
That's why Islam and Christianity,
Lost their appeal.

But out of the poem, the true profundity of the message is that if you can choose your religion. And please, when we talk about religious people, let's exclude the fakes. I mean, that those who truly find God in their faith, (I'll address that.) Have found something.

I recently have come to feel that out of all the religions, although I subscribe to none, Hinduism has the deepest wisdoms. Buddhism teaches the deepest emptiness. But....

Whst if Buddha was wrong?
What if suffering isn't the cup, but the path. In The Fountain, it was said, "Death was his road to awe."

I feel like emptiness works. Yes. But you can be full. After all, it it YOU who is God. Why must you suffer in this life you yourself created? It is only to gain enlightenment. Once you are there, pain is merely the road traveled to the dream. A simply play of the mind to stop the lazy from manifesting with a foolish mind. Pain is the best teacher. The bad trips are the most honest.

But once you know you're God, you realize that yes, it's all a dream per se. But it has meaning. And the purpose is quote simple.

Boredom.

Ever feel bored?
And let me take this time. God, for whatever reason is the name this consciousness prefers to be referred to at the time. Language only serves as communication. Sure, the word God is heavily misconstrued AT BEST. It is English after all. The Hebrew names were Hebrew.

Think about this. Left. The direction. Useful term or no?

It really does totally fail to have meaning when you put it up against the universe. In space, left is just a rotation. Even clockwise and counterclockwise are super relative terms. Which is up and which is down?

Our visual perception is flipped upside down by our brain. So the whole world is really upside down?

Isn't that crazy!?!?!

But what the fuck does upside down mean? Not to mention, what a pitifully constructed word that was in the first place. But without up and without down, there is no upside down, and in space, there is no up or down. Hate to fuck your brains some more. But... You ARE actively in space.

So Whatever word you use. God is a word people understand. I can take them from there, and add an antiattribute. He's nameless. It's sexless. It's isless. It gets it's isness through counsiousness. The first person pronoun for is, is am. Who is? I am. The self is who answered Abraham. Krishna is the heart of all beings.

But God?

The universe was nothing. If you can scientifically except God-like entities, they had to have originated. Now, outside the universe, there could be different laws of physics. So perhaps, things outside the universe could exist without definite origin, or future destination. The universe we live in may have been created by cosmic phenomena. And the God being was already there, and inhabited the mystery, or God, we are literally just brought in his head. As real as a dream is. This life is real. And if we are just God asleep. What happens when you become lucid?

I have to stop typing now. But I will say. I've hit the holy grail of spirituality. I'm even finally manifesting my dreams and defeating plagues in my life. I manifested a new job, and they finally appreciate my skills. I work a lot, and make a lot! And now I have less time, which is sad, but life is life. Give and take. I'm so grateful for the input. I can respond in more detail ( Yeah) when I get a day off.

P.S. I love you Pagans the most. If every one in whatever religion they are in, or whatever practice, if they had our devotion to the forest. I spirit of the fairies.

Namaste
  • wildedibles likes this

#27 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,521 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:06 PM

Who was your main teacher? Cacti or fungi?

Such limitations.

Who wrote the words under Alder Logs?  What is Alder Logs?  If presence writes the words, then they are meant for presence to read.  Where else in time can we stake claims to reality, to what is?   What is my main teacher?   It must be now.  Was never was.  Will never will. 

How to be present?  How not to be present?  What is present?  Then there's this who idea.   Is who constant?  The who becomes personal, and in that, unstable.  If the who we are stood impersonally, who would this be?   The personal is based on a map made of images of what has been and will be.  It abides in the illusions of time, past and future.  In presence, from the one and only true position in time, all can be seen.  Do we trust the seeing, which can only be now, or do we trust in memories and projections by believing them into being real?   Now is a great silence in which the noisiness of there and then screams for us to recognize it as real.  We buy noise's stories and time has us by the balls.  Bondage to illusion.  What is freedom?  Who can be free? 

Edited by riseabovethought, 25 February 2017 - 12:12 PM.

• riseabovethought, wildedibles and Skywatcher like this

#28 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,964 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:28 PM

Zen.  Its so hard to maintain.  Why does my mind insist on reverberating back to a slower vibration by pointing my attention toward past or future when what obviously matters most is presence?  Where my energies are most powerful is right here and right now... yet, my thinking box seems to be hell /bent on returning to memories and making plans, or more like worrying about the past and future.  I wonder why that is.  I like to go on autopilot, it reminds me to stop at red lights and protects me at times from unknowns.  I suppose in return for all that, it wants to drive sometimes.  And sometimes, fuck it, I dont mind.  But I notice, like the friend who took me for granted, it develops expectations and a sense of entitlement, which will not stand.  Like Lebowski said, 'This aggression will not stand.'

[Direct Link]

Edited by riseabovethought, 02 March 2017 - 01:58 PM.

• wildedibles and Alder Logs like this

#29 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,521 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

Why does my mind insist...?

If identification is with the mind, its illusions seem the reality.  If we stand as witness to our mind, being only that witnessing, then we start having a mind, instead of being its projected image of a someone.   It only made itself up as a someone!    This can be seen from the impersonal witness.  

When the presence has been realized, in our wholeness as everything, the effects, mental, physical, emotional, will of course stand out in experience.   It is only because we have a habit of thinking we are all of these, as experienced through our bodily centering, the body/mind's identity will be there, trying to catch it for itself, caching it away in its memory vault.  It takes the real and makes it into part of its illusionary world. 

But (and this is of supreme importance), the witnessing still observes even all of this.   And here we have the opportunity to stay as the witnessing, and watch what we have been letting the mind's identity get away with all our lives.   Every time we see it from our impersonal position in presence, we gain in discernment, and the personal identity starts to weaken.   We begin to realize that we can be free.   The present starts to be more our domain than the temporal removal into the illusions and trickery of the false identity.  

It is through belief alone that past and future take our powers in the Truth of Now.   The best way to strengthen belief in now is to be the present witnessing.  The more we visit presence, the more it is known, and believing becomes a moot point.  Truth, peace, freedom: all the same thing.  Watch where the mind goes and you will soon discern if that is where You truly wish to be.  Then you make mind your servant, rather than your master, and being quiets down, and silence stays there, even when there is noise.

Edited by Alder Logs, 25 February 2017 - 01:05 PM.

• Arathu and wildedibles like this

#30 ChimX

ChimX

Spiritual Forager

• Free Member
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:00 AM

When I listen to all the lunacy in this thread, it doesn't make me feel more sane, it makes me feel less alone.

Brilliant thoughts and comments all around...with a good dash of humor for seasoning.

Metta
-ChimX
  • Neptunechild likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!