• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Oam

Oam

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:30 PM

I put my LC in the fridge to wait until I was able to noc up some jars. Today , I went to go take a look at the mycelium and I noticed this brownish stuff inside. Everything else that shipped in the bag was removed. I figured this was the best place to start before I went into panic mode.

c33decdeb96f554022583c632ae6bfa6.jpgc441e44d7a97bb8cb9ebaa5720ba5085.jpg

#2 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,769 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:44 PM

Hard to tell. If it was LC ONLY and no spores then that would rule out clumped spores you see in mumtispore water syringes.

Best way would to make up a small test jar and try it out. If good then no waste is the test jar for grain to grain transfer. If bad you have only lost 1 jar
  • Oam likes this

#3 JanSteen

JanSteen

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:44 PM

I never succeeded with LC's, and they always looked like your pic. My best guess is yeast, you'll be able to smell it. Some strains of yeast tend to clump, and usually they are brown in color.
If the bubble wasn't there when you made the syringe, it's possible that it has formed because of the CO2 the yeast puts out.

But I agree with sybearknot; a test jar wouldn't be a bad thing.

#4 Oam

Oam

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:53 PM

I never succeeded with LC's, and they always looked like your pic. My best guess is yeast, you'll be able to smell it. Some strains of yeast tend to clump, and usually they are brown in color.
If the bubble wasn't there when you made the syringe, it's possible that it has formed because of the CO2 the yeast puts out.

But I agree with sybearknot; a test jar wouldn't be a bad thing.

Yeast? Great..This LC was from a vendor that I've heard/read great things about , which threw me off when I saw this brown stuff. I'm just going to test a jar when I get a chance. A contamination before I even start smh.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!