32 replies to this topic

#1 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 278 posts

Donator

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:00 PM

Been suffering a little with bad hip pain and been reading about earthing as mother earths great pain relief gift

Whilst watching a documentory on it they had 2 sunflowers in seperste pots one earthed one not and the difference was incredible

Made me wonder about you fruit growers and wondered if snyone had tried this
  • PsyBearknot, riseabovethought, Stoned Angel and 4 others like this

#2 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,454 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

I've heard about it as a great mood enhancer. Getting barefoot on the ground, real ground, not something man made is sad to improve mood and give a feeling of well-being. Sounds right to me. Think about the best days of your life and likely your shoes are off and you're walking a beach.

Maybe there's more to it????

Edited by pharmer, 22 February 2017 - 06:26 PM.

• riseabovethought, Stoned Angel, Skywatcher and 3 others like this

#3 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 278 posts

Donator

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:54 AM

I was wondering if any of the bulk growers could earth their growing chambers to see if it helped in any way

The difference in the sunflowers was astonishing

Ps id like it be known as "the oneeye tek" LOL
  • riseabovethought, Stoned Angel, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#4 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,816 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:41 PM

I'd like to se if it makes a difference with others and myself. This is a nice topic might prove to be
ancient wisdom that's could help modern man who is often out of touch with the mature.

I had forgotten until ( I read this topic ) about a guy I met he was a native American trying to learn the old ways of his ancestors. He walked around barefoot and said that it help keep his body grounded.
  • Arathu, Stoned Angel and Skywatcher like this

#5 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:10 PM

Grounding is a huge part of meditating and getting in touch with the earth and sourroundung energy. Visualization assists with it when it's being done from the 6 th floor of an office building and the energy can be felt if sensitive to those powers that be. Even without the bare feet directly in the soil.

Would be interesting to see this play out more.

Edited by PsyBearknot, 23 February 2017 - 04:11 PM.

• riseabovethought, Stoned Angel, Skywatcher and 1 other like this

#6 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,367 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:10 PM

The foundation of my house is stone and dirt, literally a stone and dirt foundation better than 110 years old.............I'm making a grounding space down there so I can do it year round.............bare feet grounding and maybe even sleeping on the dirt............HOME...........

A

• riseabovethought, Stoned Angel, Skywatcher and 1 other like this

#7 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:13 PM

Been suffering a little with bad hip pain and been reading about earthing as mother earths great pain relief gift
Whilst watching a documentory on it they had 2 sunflowers in seperste pots one earthed one not and the difference was incredible
Made me wonder about you fruit growers and wondered if snyone had tried this

Mind linking to the documentary ?
  • Stoned Angel likes this

#8 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 278 posts

Donator

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:07 PM

Heres the linkinteresting name of the person who put it up

[Direct Link]

• Stoned Angel, Skywatcher, Heirloom and 1 other like this

#9 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,816 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:37 PM

http://www.webmd.com...ositive-vibes#1

"May 6, 2002 -- There's something in the air and while it may not be love, some say it's the next best thing -- negative ions.

Negative ions are odorless, tasteless, and invisible molecules that we inhale in abundance in certain environments. Think mountains, waterfalls, and beaches. Once they reach our bloodstream, negative ions are believed to produce biochemical reactions that increase levels of the mood chemical serotonin, helping to alleviate depression, relieve stress, and boost our daytime energy."

Positive ions are associated with many negative effects. Heres a PDF that might be of some interest.

"These air ions are important to you because if they have a high proportion of negative ions in the clusters you will feel lively, uplifted and enthusiastic. Too many positive ions in the clusters will have you feeling depressed, lethargic and full of aches, pains and complaints."

Attached Files

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 23 February 2017 - 05:39 PM.

• riseabovethought, Stoned Angel and Skywatcher like this

#10 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,848 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:49 AM

Damn, this thread makes me feel better just thinking about standing on Earth.  I just changed to a standing desk, my feet started hurting after 2-3 weeks, changed to more comfortable shoes and a mat under my feet, and I think its fine, but now Im wondering how to work while standing in a sand box and still being able to switch into some shoes real quick, when needed.  Hmm.  I'd never thought of this for grows, but I've always loved the concept! Thanks for sharing it.  

• Stoned Angel and Skywatcher like this

#11 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 278 posts

Donator

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:22 PM

Damn, this thread makes me feel better just thinking about standing on Earth. I just changed to a standing desk, my feet started hurting after 2-3 weeks, changed to more comfortable shoes and a mat under my feet, and I think its fine, but now Im wondering how to work while standing in a sand box and still being able to switch into some shoes real quick, when needed. Hmm. I'd never thought of this for grows, but I've always loved the concept! Thanks for sharing it.

Perhaps you can get an earthing matt to stand barefoot on

#12 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,984 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:24 PM

Grounding is absolutely beneficial to your body and spirit. It can be done as Psy mentioned by extending your energetic roots down into the living earth, but is far easier and more powerful when you can be in direct contact.

Opening the Crown to the universal totality, the "White Light", is also energizing and beneficial, and grounding is a necessity to remain balanced when this is part of your meditational practice.

There are improvements to the physical and spiritual being by physical contacting the Living Earth, even in people who do not do so to consciously connect, or "Ground". It's a part of "re-connecting" with the source that formed us all. I cannot myself believe that all living beings do not need, and benefit, from actual connection to this living entity.

In my experience, all plants do better when grounded regularly, if not planted directly into our living matrix that houses and sustains us all.

• Arathu, riseabovethought, Stoned Angel and 1 other like this

#13 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,367 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:08 PM

This has been part of my ritual work for so long I hardly remember when I started doing it.....

From the void which is in everything...............

From the infinite darkness below me, the roots of life..................

From the infinite light above me, the branches of consciousness..........

Four directions from where the winds blow..............

For now I travel on the middle path....................

A

• Stoned Angel, Skywatcher, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#14 Final

Final

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:19 AM

For coming back to earth from Trippings it is amazing . so i guess if your going on with your earth day and feel like your "tripping" but dont want to then i cant really see why it wouldnt work .

w/e grounding tek you use.

• Stoned Angel and Skywatcher like this

#15 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,367 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

I have a breathing pattern with vocal mantra that immediately takes me to the world tree (I become a/the tree)............where I then simply send the energy I want to down through my roots into the Earth...............and then I say "thank you".

Centering (in the body as tree) and Grounding (down the trunk and out the roots into Earth) Standing in the direct contact with dirt barefoot is a really good way to practice this and literally make a grounded connection...IMHO

A

Edited by Arathu, 04 March 2017 - 01:06 PM.

• riseabovethought, Stoned Angel and Skywatcher like this

#16 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,848 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

I have a breathing pattern with vocal mantra that immediately takes me to the world tree (I become a/the tree)............where I then simply send the energy I want to down through my roots into the Earth...............and then I say "thank you".

Centering (in the body as tree) and Grounding (down the trunk and out the roots into Earth) Standing in the direct contact with dirt barefoot is a really good way to practice this and literally make a grounded connection...IMHO

A

I communicated with a tree last night, while under a telepathy spell (I realize what you mean is becoming a tree with your own spiritual roots going down beneath your feet deep into the ground, etc, but..).  I thought of you talking to the critters and Im pretty sure you also talk to the trees.  Usually they dont answer, but last night they did...well, maybe not talk like we do in words, but we were vibing.  You know what I mean.  Magic like this can never be explained, only experienced, and shared.  Im so happy we have so many spirits around here who know what Im talking about.  God bless you well- connected people!    

Edited by riseabovethought, 04 March 2017 - 01:38 PM.

#17 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,367 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:56 PM

First thing I had to "get" was that MOST of these other sentient beings do not "speak" human. I certainly have "conversations" with the tree's and plants, rock speak VERY SLOWLY, everything has it's own pace and frequencies. Humans used to know these things intimately and used to teach each other........now we "know better"............. and so the absolute first thing to do.....the very first thing to do, is to abandon beliefs (at least make a good attempt to suspend them for a time). 

Knowing that one is actually, literally, sharing breaths with the tree can help. Gas exchange, water exchange, microbe exchange, and the surely electrical and spiritual energy exchanges ARE happening. The tree's KNOW when you dump motor oil on their roots............they also know when it's good clean water or an offering of ale, or even an offering of fertilizer.................. IME the entire "illusion" is animated.......like we're actors in the dreaming of the universe..............for lack of better description (it's difficult to put into human language) Tree's "talk" really slowly as well IME................want a fast conversation connect with a mayfly hatch..................  :meditate:

Oh no.......for those that have not done so the visualization is the gateway to get you there...........once experienced I move my center of attention INTO the tree and allow it to come into me..................for example.

This exercise or some flavor it works for me..............

Approach the tree and ask.......... "Want to share and talk?" Do it with the heart talk and listen with the heart hearing (another skill set, literally SENSE, deeply repressed in the western world especially in the men)
(If the answer is yes YOU WILL FEEL IT, NO as well) Ward the ground in your own way and manner (could mean nothing to elaborate ritual) 

Choose a spot or ask where to sit and feel it........sit down on the ground

Begin a balanced breathing pattern (i.e. 4 count inhale - 4 count hold - 4 count exhale - 4 count hold or whatever is comfortable to you)

Center oneself with a strong tree visualization/transformation while maintaining the breathing patterning

Visualize/sense the exchanges going on between your being and the tree's

Develop a strong concentrated bond in the exercise  for some time

Then INVERT the concept of Inhale/exhale so that when the body is inhaling the perception is viewing the tree's exhale and vice versa

Reach for the tree's awareness and allow it's awareness to come into you

Do it for as long as you like.......or until the tree (or whatever) tells you to buzz off honey bee............ :biggrin:

Trying this on mushrooms with the tree's that share the local ecosphere give interesting insights. I have a massive oak that shares the ground here with me........we're friends. I gave her a "voice" with wind chimes on a branch.........

I do the same kinds of things with mushrooms, and rivers, and caves, and the stars, the more I travel the better I get at "hearing" "seeing" "feeling" "exchanging"

That or I'm completely nutz.......both might even be true...........

Alder says "don't hang on to any of it" .................... I'm already ALL of it...............

A

Edited by Arathu, 04 March 2017 - 01:59 PM.

• riseabovethought, Stoned Angel, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#18 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,848 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

Speaking of Alder, your words just reminded me of something he talked about a long time ago, which drew my attention, and stuck in my head.  He talked about moving through the meadow or forest or field or whatever, without making a sound, in super slow mo, and how it makes us almost invisible to wildlife.  I've done this too, and gotten up close and personal to several animals by moving like this.  Its just more of that connection to nature that we can relearn, remember, and revel in.  Tonight I'll breathe with the trees again, we'll hang out.  I love em so much.  They're so strong and sturdy, yet bend with the breeze, so beautiful and majestic.  Whats crazy, is working our lives away to pay our bills.

• Arathu, Stoned Angel, Skywatcher and 1 other like this

#19 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,137 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:01 PM

You guys just made me cry.

• Stoned Angel likes this

#20 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,367 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

Alder I hope those are the "spirit tears".....I get them when the "flush" comes over me and I'm buzzing with the spirit of the universe..............

Mother taught me to cry my tears of pain into a stream and especially the tears of grief into a waterfall.............until I have no more........

I know when I do the silent walk I do not find that it makes me invisible to the animals and plants...they know, they see, they smell, they feel....and I find that it makes me very much visible and also benign to them and they know it. They know my intents, they know my feelings and desires, they know what I'm doing. This is what makes my hunting different from those that kill for sport. When one is connected like this and still choose to kill for food.............the appreciation is painful and complete. The honor and gratitude genuine................CONNECTED in the circle...........

And to think.................the "savage" races knew/know these advanced concepts and practices...........we will do good to remember them.........IMHO

A

• Skywatcher and Alder Logs like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!