37 replies to this topic

#21 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,617 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:36 PM

Speaking of Alder, your words just reminded me of something he talked about a long time ago, which drew my attention, and stuck in my head.  He talked about moving through the meadow or forest or field or whatever, without making a sound, in super slow mo, and how it makes us almost invisible to wildlife.  I've done this too, and gotten up close and personal to several animals by moving like this.  Its just more of that connection to nature that we can relearn, remember, and revel in.  Tonight I'll breathe with the trees again, we'll hang out.  I love em so much.  They're so strong and sturdy, yet bend with the breeze, so beautiful and majestic.  Whats crazy, is working our lives away to pay our bills.

I want these words on my tombstone or whatever memorial loved ones care to make

"Look for me in the wind in the trees

And in rushing water

It's where I want to be"

• Arathu, riseabovethought and Skywatcher like this

#22 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,126 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

Whats crazy, is working our lives away to pay our bills.

And...when I grow the balls to actually move my personal values AWAY from their token addiction of "money"  in exchange for sustenance (which IS A LIE) ............... I'll begin to heal for real. 

In fact I'm almost there now......day by day my tolerance for this bizarre lifestyle wanes.............

We live as indentured servants now............slaves to the machine held by some debt..............neither of which is true.......... HOWEVER......the psycho's that use force to ENFORCE this system are very real......

I long for the forests and no schedule beyond that set by the sun and moon.........

A

• Microbe and Cuboid like this

#23 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 118 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:23 PM

The video talked me in to it.  I'm trying earthing.

• Arathu likes this

#24 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 118 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:52 AM

I tried it for 15 days. No noticeable results.

#25 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Black VIP
  • 490 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:59 AM

'calling the Earth to witness' is what this guy is doing in all those statues: 

buddha.jpg

(supposed to have happened at the end of the Buddha's equivalent of 40 days and 40 nights in the desert, in the moment before his enlightement)

didn't see this mentioned upthread yet :-)

• Microbe likes this

#26 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• OG VIP
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

lol.. earthing is merely just walking around barefoot..

Im a producer gardener... and in the season im barefoot 95% the time.

Its a no brainer... OF COURSE IT WORKS!!

They make "topical" lotions right?  

The stuff you apply on your skin and then its absorbs thru.

Like aloe creams.. pain killer creams... etc.etc..

Exact same thing happens on the bottom of your feet.. and actually in VERY LARGE AMOUNTS.

LOADS of FREE IONS are attracted to the charge of your skin on your feet and are

absorbed through the skin and utilized through the body.

People thought I was crazy for YEARS for saying I get vitamins from the earth through

the bottom of my feet.

Then... low and behold... years later... there are god damn memes about EARTHING all

over the interwebs lol... I just laughed.

Talk to some gypsies... id figure there are plenty of gypsies here in Topia

that will agree highly.

#27 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 304 posts

Donator

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:04 PM

I tried it for 15 days. No noticeable results.

Keep trying
Was there anything specific you were hoping to get relief from

#28 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:24 PM

Damn, this thread makes me feel better just thinking about standing on Earth. I just changed to a standing desk, my feet started hurting after 2-3 weeks, changed to more comfortable shoes and a mat under my feet, and I think its fine, but now Im wondering how to work while standing in a sand box and still being able to switch into some shoes real quick, when needed. Hmm. I'd never thought of this for grows, but I've always loved the concept! Thanks for sharing it.

Perhaps you can get an earthing matt to stand barefoot on

Just received mine in the mail.  Im not so sure how a plugged in mat helps one connect to the Earth better, but Ima try it.   :sleep:

#29 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka dew drop daddy

• OG VIP
  • 1,974 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

I love that you all are talking about this. I use to live so far outside of my body I couldn't tell what was going on with myself. There was so much pain in my child hood that I left my body. Now that I'm older I remember looking down at myself from above and being more comfortable there I stayed like that for many years. As I grew I started reading a lot of books and came across grounding in about 2012-13. I've been doing it ever since and it has changed my Life. It is good from the feet like you all said, but next time try from your root chakra too. I had a hard time connecting with my feet at first and it really hit from my chakra. I love talking to bugs, birds, and trees. People make me feel crazy. I'm also looking forward to a future out in nature. I can't wait!!

@oneeye1 It's very subtle, and takes practice. Are you visualizing while you ground? We all do what works best for us. For me I see colors, and some others hear sounds, and so on. I start with a red (or whatever color my mind sees at the mOment, sometime brown or redish brown) grounding cord and visualize it dropping from my root chakra, like a little ball, that falls through the dirt, stones, all the Earths layers and meets the core of the Earth. From there I drop my consciousness down into the core of the Earth, it's like a womb in there to me.

I love you guys. Thank you for helping me feel more comfortable on this planet :wub: :hug:

Attached Thumbnails

• images.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• Skywatcher, Alder Logs and wharfrat like this

#30 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka dew drop daddy

• OG VIP
  • 1,974 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

I'm reading a book called Reflections on a mountain lake by Tenzin Palmo, again. @oneeye1 I picked up my book and started reading and thought that I would like to share this with you

"There is a story of this great but very eccentric Lama of the last century named Patrul Rinpoche. One of his disciples was a professor of philosophy who had been a follower of his for many years. He was very learned and devoted. Even after all those years, after all the searching and all the practice he had done, he still hadn't seen the nature of the mind, and he was very depressed about it. After all, what's it all for if you don't realize the nature of the mind? It's just words and concepts building upon each other. Then, one night he was on a retreat at Patrul Rinpoche's hermitage and Patrul Rinpoche said, "Let's go outside, lie on the ground and look up at the stars." So they went out. They lay and looked up at the stars. Then in the distance, a dog barked. Patrul Rinpoche said, "That's it." And he got up.

Do you understand? The fact that we are conscious that it is a dog barking is it. But we don't recognize that. We think it must be something else that is higher and more thrilling. Once I asked one of the yogis in my monastery to give the oral transmission of a very famous Dzogchen text by Shabkar Rinpoche. It has been translated into English as the flight of the Garuda. He was giving this oral transmission when he stopped halfway though and said, "You know, the problem with these texts is that they make it seem something so far, so remote, so incredibly vast, when actually it's so completely simple. It's so ordinary that we miss it." So we have to go though all these hundred thousand prostrations and mandala offerings and millions of mantras and all these extraordinarily complex visualizations just to get back to where we have always been, and recognize ourselves at home for the first time."

It's so simple, it's easy to miss.

Edited by Stoned Angel, 11 April 2017 - 02:13 PM.

• Myc, Skywatcher and Microbe like this

#31 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 304 posts

Donator

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

That's brilliant
Thanks alot

#32 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:04 PM

I can't believe I missed this thread!

The first time I heard about earthing I thought it was bunk.

I don't think that anymore. Nothing I like better now than hiking barefoot in the woods. It's funny when I pass others by usually a lot younger than I and they are huffing and puffing along the trail and I walk by like I'm floating on air... It's an incredible feeling!

Think of Radio... When a radio receiver is grounded it works sometimes thousands of times better than a ungrounded unit such as a handheld. Ham radio operators can do something called "QRP" which is talking around the world using only a few Watts of power, sometimes less than a single watt!

It stands to reason... We are made up of earth-stuff.

#33 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 304 posts

Donator

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:42 PM

But has any growers tried earthing
  • SteampunkScientist likes this

#34 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:40 PM

I'm going to give it a shot. About to spawn some subs. I'll earth some and not the others.
  • oneeye1 likes this

#35 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 304 posts

Donator

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:23 PM

I'm going to give it a shot. About to spawn some subs. I'll earth some and not the others.

Go on steampunk

Please please please may it work and be forever known as the oneeye tek pmsl
  • Microbe and SteampunkScientist like this

#36 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 304 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:52 PM

Any news steampunk

#37 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:59 PM

Unfortunately all 8 tubs contaminated. Including 2 using the ground.

So no results I can report.

Here was my grounding method if anyone wants to give this a try.

I put a banana jack on the side of the tub so I can disconnect when moving tubs, etc. Then I placed a 1inch by 7 inch copper strip connected to the banana plug on the inside of the tub.

Sorry no pictures.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 09 September 2017 - 11:04 PM.

#38 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 304 posts

Donator

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

Thats a shame

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!