#21 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,621 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:59 PM

I didn't realize how popular soap making is.I see a lot of craft soap for sale though generally expensive. I love jasmine so I know the intial costs of essential oils is high but a little goes a long way.<br /><br />I am trying to extract some oils at home like orange oil from orange peels. I had a lemon tree sometimes I would pick a few leave crush and drop into boiling water for a nice lemony smell.<br /><br />fungi That reminds me of an advertisement in the 1960's a soap meant to gets kids to wash up by putting a little plastic bear in the soap. One way to get some crytals<br /><br />Living on the frontier I bet it costs a lot to have stuff shipped in by air. lye can be made from wood but the time. What next grow your own trees.<br /><br />
  • Juthro likes this

#22 Thunder

Thunder

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:09 PM

And soap has a longer shelf life than mushies, I don't use it as fast!

We've been meaning to have a talk with you about that..... ;P

untitled.png

ROFLMMAO! Nice one! Left myself open for that one!!! Game on! ;)-
  • Juthro likes this

#23 Thunder

Thunder

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:25 AM

I think I should clarify. I WATCHED my G'MA do it when I was a kid, had more important things to do, like catching tadpoles!
It IS possible to make your own lye water, but I think the strength of it would be dicey. Drain cleaners will work, just try to get 95% or better. Roebic is 99%.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!