beware

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,365 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:35 AM

Would you want to elaborate on that tails?  Was it a bad chemical imitation, or did you have a bad experience?

Either way I am sorry, but you know how the little story on curiosity goes..............

• Heirloom and tailsmcsnails like this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• Black VIP
  • 10,322 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

One reason to stick with known source shrooms or plants.

• Myc, ChimX, Juthro and 1 other like this

#4 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:16 AM

The last vitamin A I took was from a trusted, trusted, trusted source. 

Otherwise stick to plants and fungi. 

After I took vitamin DMT, I found that my voracious appetite for "tripping" was curbed in a wonderful way. It's prolly been since 2011 or so since the last time.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and tailsmcsnails like this

#5 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,865 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:47 PM

I had a very similar experience with Aya. Cured my itch to trip for most of two years!

Also curious about what would cause such a determined dislike for vitamin A.   Whatup Tails?

• Myc and tailsmcsnails like this

#6 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,544 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:10 PM

I have seen blotter sheets sold on the web with no Life in them.

I hope you mean beware "the ticket to ride was 500mcg" rather than bad.

I have wanted to get some good blotter to save for a rainy day.

I think we need a few more words my friend.
  • tailsmcsnails likes this

#7 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,749 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:43 PM

I had a very similar experience with Aya. Cured my itch to trip for most of two years!

Also curious about what would cause such a determined dislike for vitamin A.   Whatup Tails?

My suspicion is that it was blotter that contained one of the relatively new "research chemicals" from China that are potent in microgram doses.

For anyone who might not be aware of it, it used to be the case that a taking hit of blotter pretty much ensured that you were getting LSD (or nothing at all) because before those new synthetics were developed there weren't any other drugs around that were potent enough to have any effects at a dose that could fit on one (and that would even include strychnine, which was often blamed for "bad trips" but that was just a persistent myth and never really a concern).

Edited by TVCasualty, 24 February 2017 - 04:44 PM.

• ChimX likes this

#8 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,500 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:22 PM

I can still get it but I don't bother to. Acid just seems like an ordeal these days. I have to plan my weekend around it and spend most of Sunday recuperating.
Mushrooms I can take after work on a weekday and still be able to go to sleep 4 hours or so later and getca good nights sleep. I actually wake up feeling good whereas with acid I feel like shit. Maybe I'm just getting old.
  • MLBjammer, Myc, Coopdog and 5 others like this

#9 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,564 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:59 AM

I keep a vial lying around for rainy days......

#10 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,500 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:14 PM

It would have to be a rainy 3 day weekend for me.
When I take enough acid to get to where I want to be the duration of effect is just too long. I like the shorter duration and easier comedown from mushrooms.
Acid has its time and place but mushrooms are a better fit for my lifestyle.
  • Coopdog and Juthro like this

#11 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

o()xxxx[{::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

• OG VIP
  • 9,200 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:14 PM

Would you want to elaborate on that tails?  Was it a bad chemical imitation, or did you have a bad experience?

Either way I am sorry, but you know how the little story on curiosity goes..............

Uh but satisfaction brought it back.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

No, that happened to me at an early age too.  :tongue:

#12 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Gold VIP
  • 540 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:38 PM

I'm alive.  Slowly recrystalising.  Calling something a 'bad trip' makes it sound like you wake up and oh good it's over.  It's not like that though is it.  I had my arse kicked by plants I haven't even heard of.  Even alcohol and tobacco yelled at me.  We come from plants but you're too good for us?  Drew up a contract and signed it agreeing not to take man made chemicals again.  In ink on my white bedspread :-(.  after that things got weird.

• Coopdog likes this

#13 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

• OG VIP
  • 9,200 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

I'm alive. Slowly recrystalising. Calling something a 'bad trip' makes it sound like you wake up and oh good it's over. It's not like that though is it. I had my arse kicked by plants I haven't even heard of. Even alcohol and tobacco yelled at me. We come from plants but you're too good for us? Drew up a contract and signed it agreeing not to take man made chemicals again. In ink on my white bedspread :-(. after that things got weird.

Wait so it's a bad batch or you just had a bad trip?

#14 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Gold VIP
  • 540 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:49 PM

I'm alive. Slowly recrystalising. Calling something a 'bad trip' makes it sound like you wake up and oh good it's over. It's not like that though is it. I had my arse kicked by plants I haven't even heard of. Even alcohol and tobacco yelled at me. We come from plants but you're too good for us? Drew up a contract and signed it agreeing not to take man made chemicals again. In ink on my white bedspread :-(. after that things got weird.

Wait so it's a bad batch or you just had a bad trip?

no I'd say it's a great batch but I got my arse handed to me by it/them/???

edit: sorry here is what I think I wanted to say.  In my inexperience, I don't think I realised that everything that happens in - in THERE - is real.  Like the drug wears off and I'm safe back in this reality but what happened really happened and is real.  I didn't realise that.

Edited by tailsmcsnails, 25 February 2017 - 05:54 PM.

• coorsmikey and Coopdog like this

#15 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

• OG VIP
  • 9,200 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:54 PM

Wait until you do pans, my bff and I were GROSSLY unprepared for what it was going to do to us. It was really playful as opposed to "preachy" which I find annoying. It was more youthful of a presence that seemed to say "let's have fun" without all the finger wagging that other trips of high doses seem to manifest. When I used to trip on lucy it could be very authoritarian of a feeling. Know what I mean jelly bean?!

Edited by catattack, 25 February 2017 - 05:56 PM.

#16 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Gold VIP
  • 540 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:01 PM

Wait until you do pans, my bff and I were GROSSLY unprepared for what it was going to do to us. It was really playful as opposed to "preachy" which I find annoying. It was more youthful of a presence that seemed to say "let's have fun" without all the finger wagging that other trips of high doses seem to manifest..

OH that makes me so happy that you get it.  Preachy.  I was a kid in trouble with my authority figures.  They LITERALLY MADE ME WRITE DOWN THINGS so I would remember the rules later.  Jerking my hand and the pen like a puppet.  I didn't have a guide, no one was playful.  I need a bit of distance before I tell you about the message Cannabis gave me.  She was so so so angry.  

Cat you always say 'wait til you try pans' and I always think HA!  NEVER!  But if I can grow them one day, I guess that means I'll be supposed to try them. 

• MLBjammer likes this

#17 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• Black VIP
  • 10,322 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:45 PM

I am waiting to better understand how this thread got started.  I hope you are coming out of it in a good condition, Tails McSnails. (Is that Scottish?)

• Arathu and tailsmcsnails like this

#18 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

Wait until you do pans, my bff and I were GROSSLY unprepared for what it was going to do to us. It was really playful as opposed to "preachy" which I find annoying. It was more youthful of a presence that seemed to say "let's have fun" without all the finger wagging that other trips of high doses seem to manifest..

OH that makes me so happy that you get it.  Preachy.  I was a kid in trouble with my authority figures.  They LITERALLY MADE ME WRITE DOWN THINGS so I would remember the rules later.  Jerking my hand and the pen like a puppet.  I didn't have a guide, no one was playful.  I need a bit of distance before I tell you about the message Cannabis gave me.  She was so so so angry.  

Cat you always say 'wait til you try pans' and I always think HA!  NEVER!  But if I can grow them one day, I guess that means I'll be supposed to try them. 

We have all had intense trips.  No big deal.  You have to grow from the experience and move forward.

Sorry it was an uncomfortable time.  It kind of sounds like you were not ready to trip, but I don't really know you.

As far as pans, they are a wonderful species and easy to grow.  I believe you would quite like their effects.

#19 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,865 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:02 PM

Tails

I think what people are fishing for here is did you have a bad time due to some internal matters?

OR

do you think the chem was bad or wrong or off or something?

if so, identifying it as best you can will help others avoid it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IME these bruisings take a while to heal but become good lessons as the experience gestates and you catch up to the intent of the teacher.

maybe a better way to say that ^^^^ is : you're probably scratching your head about now wondering WTF did I do to deserve THAT?   In time you'll find out. OR  find out you, the drug, and the universe were just not in sync that day.      Been there, done that.

Edited by pharmer, 25 February 2017 - 09:08 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#20 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Gold VIP
  • 540 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:28 PM

on reflection I think it was a WAY WAY WAY stronger chemical than I have encountered before.  It was more like DMT than anything else but lasted as long as LSD.  Actually lasted way way way too long to be LSD.  

I think most of the awfulness came from my folly in going alone, I should have had company.  When I realised I needed help, I couldn't function to get help so I took it personally.  I won't be taking anything that I didn't grow or extract myself again.

I don't really think it's possible for things not to be in sync, it's whether or not I'm listening right.  All the scariest things I've survived have left me shattered but I wouldn't miss them.

You guys are the best.

• MLBjammer, Coopdog, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!