Thought I'd share my cheap autofruiter design. Works a treat and I'm getting major yields.
1 x 37 Litre plastic storage box.
2m adhesive rubber D seal (provides airtight lid seal).
1 x very cheap fishtank air pump + tubing.
1 x 0.22 micron filter - Air in
1 x 0.45 micron filter - Air out
A timer switch.
Less than 20 pounds.
1) Stick the sealing rubber around the inside of the lid - overlapping on any joins.
2) Drill 2 holes in plastic box. 1 x slightly smaller than tubing, 2nd slightly smaller than 0.45 micron filter fitting.
3) Thread tubing through 'IN' hole- Mine is tight enough to be airtight. . Attach 0.22 micron filter.
4) Push 0.45 micron 'OUT' filter into other hole. Again mine is tight enough to be airtight.
5) Attach pump to tubing.
6) Plug in pump via a 24hr timer.
That's it. Done.
Good layer of soaked perlite in the bottom. Put your cakes or casing in on some tinfoil. Pop on the lid.
I set the timer at on for 1/2 an hour very 2 hours.
I get fast pinning and fruiting as the humidity & air exchange seem to be just right.
3rd flush- 3 days after soaking- note blue patches where I picked a few of the larger ones off for this evening!!!
0.22 micron - air in. 0.45 micron - air out.
Lid up! Rubber D seal works well. Very cheap off ebay.
Pump is the little grey thing! Box on the right is for drying - damp traps & metal gauze.
Edited by Metalneck, 25 February 2017 - 12:01 PM.