Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,582 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

Panama Red? 'falling over laughing'
XD

Edited by Hash_Man, 17 July 2017 - 12:39 PM.

• Lakegal7 likes this

#62 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:02 PM

I used some old trim and the chlorphyll must of degraded leaving a red color. I have used the oil for smoking to eating. I have so much I have not filtered it yet just poured some off the top into a dish to evaporate then use.

I haven't had any problem getting into the dreamy state of mind and sleep very good.

I had an excess of old trim that just sat around filling bags, you know how it is it just builds up
  • Hash_Man and Lakegal7 like this

#63 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,582 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:24 PM

That's cool Heirloom, so I can't tell so is it an oil consistency? or like in an alcohol extract? or what.
  • Heirloom likes this

#64 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

An alcohol extract that is dried to oil
  • Hash_Man and Lakegal7 like this

#65 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Student of Life

• Free Member
  • 586 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

Found a place to purchase everclear.. Yay
I harvested my two high CBd plants and am into week 2 of curing process
Just need to order some brown tincture bottles from Amazon .
I've been fighting some critters on my plants. Bought some spray
but really scewd up bringing them into my grow tents
This spray is not supposed to hurt the plant or mess with the
flavor, so after dark I will take each plant outside and give em another
spraying. My outdoor plants are looking good..cross fingers for a nice harvest

Sorry to say that the poppies didn't make it. Will replant in the containers I plan to grow them in
next time. They were doing good until one of my cats decided to stir things up. Plenty of seeds to try this winter in a tent
or just get a good start for next spring in my flower bed
  • Heirloom likes this

#66 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,624 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:28 PM

I just built a fence for deer and rabbits. Rats, squirrels or squawcoons ate mine around the main stem. When they died and fell over, they ate up the rest and dug holes to eat the roots.

I haven't got pics,but it hardly matters now.

My neighbors both got nailed by the heat wave. One lost his all seven of his 5 foot tall Blue Dream, the other lost over 100 plants, his property, and has disappeared. Bad year in my hood. 

On the upside, I have a lot of seeds, and rolls of new fencing. Getting a city water hydrant meter so I can fill up the water truck fast a block away instead of the hose from the neighbors well.

• Lakegal7 likes this

#67 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,582 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

@Happy4nic8r big drag on the critters man, I don't think I could deal

@Lakegal7 you have to shoot me a link of your source for Everclear, unless it's local to yo, because it wouldn't be local for me LMAO
  • Lakegal7 likes this

#68 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Student of Life

• Free Member
  • 586 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:15 PM

Happy, I'm so sorry about those little bastard critters eating everything up
So much time and energy goes into these grows, it's dihartening to deal with that
Sounds like you've done better than your neighbors though..sucks

Hashman, the store I found the everclear is called Total Wine and More. I think it's a big chain store
Good luck

Well here's some pictures of the girls
This is a Aurora indica and I think astrawberry cough somehow lost the tag
They are just starting they're 3 rd week on a 12/12 light schedule image.jpeg image.jpeg

Here's my original Aurora indica along with a hiydrow and nightingale I wil use for clones hiding in my jungle messimage.jpeg
Here are a couple youngens that I haven't done any training onimage.jpeg
Here's an ugly picture of some dead clones that I topped off my new
plants . The only survivor is the orange skunk. They started out well and was gone and were neglected. Need to get rid of that mess..and of course it's upside down sorry folks but I needed to show this, maybe more than all the other pix as a reminder that's it's not all sunshine and lollipops
Here's what's in the tents that are both on a 12/12 schedule along with a plant outside off the grow room. They consist of Strawberry C, Aurora I. at least 3 Raspberry C. And a mystery girl that I think is in the Kush family. It looks totally different from anything I've grown before. It cloned real easy too.image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I've learned a few things this summer, I've learned about mites and aphids, I've learned that I don't ever cheap out on soil I mixed up my own dirt and its a lot of hard work and I should of followed some of the great soil recipes ( going to try black gold, I've been told by a few folks that it is more nutrient rich than fox farms. I think fox farms is still a great soil). And lastly, I've learned that I really hate those fabric pots. They are a pain to remove old plants and dirt out of. They do breath but not a great choice for outdoor grows.l

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

• Skywatcher, Heirloom and astoriensis like this

#69 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,582 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:33 PM

Sorry about you losses but your girls look great to me . . !
  • Lakegal7 likes this

#70 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Student of Life

• Free Member
  • 586 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:57 PM

Was able to get some black gold potting soil to give some life
Into my youngens. My problem of not having anymore grow containers
and refusing to purchase over priced grow pots led me down the ol
redneck/ necessity is the mother of invention projects.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Did a little cardboard reinforcement on the inside, taped a garbage bag
on the outside, more duct tape and packing tape then wrapped some wire or old boot lace
around for reinforcement and somewhere to attach pipecleaners for LST
image.jpeg
Before doing any heavy watering I think I will put these in a grow tent so they can get longer
light times. It's light out for 15 hours a day now. Got some rearranging to do
These are the white widow, gorilla cookies, orange skunk, gorilla bomb and an amnesia OG
image.jpeg
these girls but they have been ravaged by spider mites but what really slowed them down was the crap soil they were growing in.
Been spraying a couple of different bug sprays every few days and defoliate any leaves with signs
of critters. I hate bringing these inside but I guess it really doesn't matter because I'm battling them in their too.image.jpeg but will bleach or wipe down with rubbing alcohol Pryor to placement. It certainly can't hurt. Really hoping I can get the white widow and gorilla cookies grow healthier since I only had 1 seed of each of those strains
  • Heirloom likes this

#71 bozefonce

bozefonce

peculiar star

• OG VIP
  • 742 posts

Donator

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:11 PM

Never posted in this forum before for a very good reason, never really had a reason to try and grow MJ. But was smoking through a bud the other day and came across a really juicy looking seed. Set it aside for a few days maybe a week, then decided to stick it in dirt rather than waste it. Actually have a small collection of seeds that were found in similar fashion but this one looks so good, just couldn't resist. LOL so this is my first jungle seed grow, have no idea what the strain was that it came out of but it was something purply. Not even sure if it's feminine, so here goes the crap shoot...932b04fc7c89a906a5077f2ba36ee5f5.jpg

#rootbraintheory
  • Sidestreet, Myc, Skywatcher and 4 others like this

#72 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Student of Life

• Free Member
  • 586 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:25 AM

Bozefonce beautiful photo
Let's hope it's a girl

Heirloom, getting back to your tincture/ oil
When the oil drys out, does it thinken up to a a dab/ waxy
type of consistency ?
  • bozefonce and Heirloom like this

#73 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,582 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:28 AM

@Bozefonce

Hell yea, bag seed hunting. It's fun knock it out bro.
It looks like a indica dominate hybrid, LOL just kidding around. Keep her happy because she's marijuana and when your done you'll be smoking weed that you grown yourself. and any little problems are a good learning experance

P.S. keep her close to the light, (but don't burn her) seedlings sometimes stretch to the point of bending over then kinking, if that happens it can be rough.

Edited by Hash_Man, 01 August 2017 - 10:37 AM.

• bozefonce and Lakegal7 like this

#74 bozefonce

bozefonce

peculiar star

• OG VIP
  • 742 posts

Donator

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:07 PM

Thanks, Hash_Man. I appreciate both the moral support and the advice, LOL. Well this is definitely going to be an outdoor grow, I have plenty of space in relative privacy and not really any place to set up lights. So I can put it on the west-facing side of my property. Days are still pretty long now but it is going to be on a natural day-night cycle. It's about 2 and 1/2 inches tall, at what point do I transplant? Would I be best served to put it in a large pot with good soil or stick it in the ground? Soil is really poor here so I'm thinking I'll go with a good-sized pot. Don't know if I need to get to fancy with the substrate, I have good quality organic soil available. From there I can amend it with any number of good things including worm castings. I'm definitely open to suggestions here.

#rootbraintheory
  • Lakegal7 likes this

#75 astoriensis

astoriensis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:17 PM

Sweet thread

I got a late start to this season. The plan is to clone both of these for next years outdoor season.

I got these seeds from a Canadian seed bank and have them outdoors in a sunny field. I've bent these down to make them lower profile. I saw a retired CHP officer do it this way.

bubblegum

P1010837.JPG

skunk x northern lights

P1010838.JPG

• Hash_Man, bozefonce, Heirloom and 1 other like this

#76 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Student of Life

• Free Member
  • 586 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:40 AM

Bozefonce looks like the container you have
your plant is in a good sized pot already
Sending good growing vibes your way

Astoriensis beautiful girls, look at all the bud sites!
Skunk and northern lights mix sounds interesting
Bubblegum is on my grow bucket list
Never tried either, can you share what they are like?
  • bozefonce and astoriensis like this

#77 bozefonce

bozefonce

peculiar star

• OG VIP
  • 742 posts

Donator

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:21 AM

Bozefonce looks like the container you have
your plant is in a good sized pot already
Sending good growing vibes your way

Thank you Lakegal7, the pot is only 4", looks bigger in close up. Thinking of planting it in a much more accommodating size next week when she's over 4-5" tall, no?

#rootbraintheory
  • Lakegal7 likes this

#78 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Student of Life

• Free Member
  • 586 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:18 PM

Sounds good Bozefonce
Your soil sounds good to me, but I'm not the best person
to judge. Do you know what type of strain you got your seed
from? It looks nice and healthy

Astoriesis. LST is a great grow style. My indoor tents are under 5'
high and have done most my grows that way. I find it fun to control
the shape and height this way, sort of a bonzi look.
Nice grow
  • bozefonce likes this

#79 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 8,060 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:34 PM

Here's pineapple chunk exactly seven days into flower. 

She's a feminized seed plant and has been in vegetation for somewhere between 12 and 16 weeks. She was trained with only low-stress topping to get the many branches. 

The seeds were kinda old so it was surprising to see such a good germination rate. One of the seedlings has some sort of defect which has been present since sprouting. She had a hard time shaking off the seed-coat (due to the age of the seed) and it had to be removed manually. 

But 2 for 2 after 2 years in a drawer........who can complain?

Attached Thumbnails

• Pineapple chunk.jpg
  • PC Seed plant.jpg

• bozefonce, Skywatcher, Heirloom and 1 other like this

#80 bozefonce

bozefonce

peculiar star

• OG VIP
  • 742 posts

Donator

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:50 PM

Very nice, Myc! Here's an updated pic of my little baby spreading its wings. As you can see I might have miscalculated where I placed the seed, not sure how it got so close to the edge LOL6c300a55ac5acb3849b1b1bc3dc34818.jpg

#rootbraintheory
  • Myc, Heirloom and Lakegal7 like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!