4 replies to this topic

#1 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,510 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

I have heard about tempratures and germination ....the warmer the more of a chance for females?
Is this true ? The seeds in question are just outa a good bag of weed that would have a seed or two in it not seedy weed......hum.....would these be hermy plants to just have a couple of seeds?

#2 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,348 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

Hey Wildes

Guys grow bag seed all the time, I don't think there's that much of a chance to hermes . . I think they say the closer you keep at ideal conditions better chance of females
  • wildedibles and Lakegal7 like this

#3 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,510 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:55 PM

Thanks bud that makes the most sense to me too I wait a bit for warm up next few days its warm inside but near the windows its still kinda cold not ideal just yet.....

......But how do we get a few seeds from really good females with no males around? Would that be the herm plant?

#4 JanSteen

JanSteen

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 183 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

In 6 years of hobbyistic breeding I found that most herms give herms. And that bagseed is usuaslly herm as well, since business growers all do it for the money and they plant feminized seeds, or female cuttings only. In just 1 case out of the 60, I found that a herm did not give herm offspring. Conditions really didn't matter. It's a numbers game, and most people lose. I advise you not to get your hopes up, and use these plants as experimental learning plants.
  • wildedibles likes this

#5 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,510 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:15 PM

thanks that makes sense too :) about the herm seeds I didnt think these seeds would be frm a male fertilizing them or youd have a ton more seeds in the weed.......

I just wanna up the chances the best I can temp wize but I have read on both sides warm = female warm = male ......but warm and female might make more sense too me.....the only weed I have ever grown has been bag seed so I know the chances .........I may get a couple outa many seeds I just like growing this way for fun this is why I call it my weed :) cuz really you can get the weed variety and it not produce much at all but they are neat for outdoor weedy places being easy to hide in other native flowers / weeds ;)
  • Hash_Man likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!