• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 ChimX

ChimX

Spiritual Forager

• Free Member
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

Well this thread was a ton of fun, rewarding, and insightful, but all good things must come to an end. I'll leave a couple more pics to wrap it up in a pretty bow, but please feel free to post any suggestions or advice regarding PE cakes. I intend to continue working with them while focusing on other projects because they're simple, reliable and fruitful.

I have to confess that I'm eager to wrap this up so that we can start focusing on our 'Ode to Fahtster' thread lol. The 'Cakes for Kicks' and this 'No Roll PE/MS' thread were designed to get us some quick fruits and some solid advice from some of the old hands around here, and we got more in both of these aspects than we'd hoped for.

Last shots of the Unrolled PE/MS BRF Cakes:
20170311_143828.jpg
20170311_143936.jpg
20170311_150137.jpg
20170311_150143.jpg
20170311_150157.jpg
20170311_152452.jpg
20170311_151400.jpg

I waited a couple days longer to harvest than I normally would have, because I wanted to see if or how PE sporulates. The perlite was still snow white white at harvest without a sign of spores to be seen. I'll still keep an eye out for spores in the future.

If the end of a grow brings any heaviness to the heart, chin up. The cycle just continues...

The next generation:
20170311_151712.jpg
20170311_153509.jpg

For this thread specifically, big time thanks to Fahtster, Sidestreet, MLBJammer, Arathu and Catattack.

Final thoughts on this experiment: More patience needed with PE. It's slow to germinate and slow to colonize. The only time I remembered it was a cube was during fruiting, which was fast and furious. I definitely don't suggest unrolled cakes. On the first flush, the cakes had lost a third of their height and girth. As posters more experienced than myself suggested, I'd recommend both a roll and DEC. Lastly, and as Sidestreet has already shown so well (https://mycotopia.ne...0219-ape-cakes/), I feel PE does quite nicely on cakes and, with a good DEC and roll, would've done even better.

Thanks to those who posted, followed, helped and encouraged.

After our first ceremony with this medicine, I'll be sure to post something to Storming the Gates.

Metta
-ChimX
  • fahtster likes this

#22 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:24 PM

Great thread ChimX! Maybe I missed it somewhere.. have you tested the PE out yet? They are unusually strong, :)

Faht

Edited by fahtster, 12 March 2017 - 01:26 PM.

• ChimX likes this

#23 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

And to really get spores from PE, you may have to swab the gills with a sterile swab and then transfer them onto agar, unfortunately.
  • ChimX likes this

#24 ChimX

ChimX

Spiritual Forager

• Free Member
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:30 PM

Great thread ChimX! Maybe I missed it somewhere.. have you tested the PE out yet? They are unusually strong, :)
Faht

Not yet Faht. Our first ceremony together, two weeks ago, was with B+ and TPB. The next ritual, with PE, will be in a couple of days. I'll post a couple reports to Storming the Gates for both.

And to really get spores from PE, you may have to swab the gills with a sterile swab and then transfer them onto agar, unfortunately.

You can certainly count on me hitting you up for more info on this in the near future Fahtster! It was a tough strain to find down here and I don't wanna lose it.

Metta
-ChimX

Edited by ChimX, 12 March 2017 - 03:31 PM.

#25 ChimX

ChimX

Spiritual Forager

• Free Member
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

Mama always had a way of explaining things so I could understand them.

2017-03-12 16.35.42.jpg

Multi-spore chocolates.jpg

Metta
20170312_154503-1.jpg
-ChimX

Edited by ChimX, 12 March 2017 - 04:04 PM.

• fahtster and Arathu like this

#26 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:03 PM

Clone clone clone. Yeah, I don't know.. maybe you don't need to case yours lol. Those are incredible!

Faht
  • ChimX likes this

#27 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

Faht

Not yet Faht. Our first ceremony together, two weeks ago, was with B+ and TPB. The next ritual, with PE, will be in a couple of days. I'll post a couple reports to Storming the Gates for both.

You can certainly count on me hitting you up for more info on this in the near future Fahtster! It was a tough strain to find down here and I don't wanna lose it.
Metta
-ChimX
I don't have experience with swabbing PE's unfortunately, but I'm sure someone that does will chime in here eventually. I just got one syringe from a vendor and knocked up a 1/2 pint and cloned a tiny piece of myc from the cake when I birthed it.. basically I got lucky because they turned out to be nice.

Then used those Faht jars to extend the life... made like 20 lil 1/4 pint masters that I dried out and used them as I went. I didn't get through all of them before I stopped growing, but the plan was to just make another 20 when I got to the last two (just in case the last one was contaminated) and dry those out.. rinse and repeat

Faht

Edited by fahtster, 12 March 2017 - 04:11 PM.

• ChimX likes this

#28 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,202 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

Hahahahahaha you guys make my day................. Trippy is as trippy does..............

No PE experience here in the frozen north unfortunately........personally I'd be taking a clone to agar..............

This is an incredible grow and IMHO speaks to your connection with the mushroom spirit...........good stuff.

The upcoming ritual should be quite interesting............

:meditate:

A

• MLBjammer and ChimX like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!