• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 psylocibeserbica

psylocibeserbica

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

After first attempt at grow i failed...I just took one spore,and ate 4 fresh mushrooms and went into stratosphere(was very good night)The spore was golden mamoth, and i used it for projects that ended as disaster. But i have some heritage from that spore...I ve had only one quarter of spore left and i made four syringes and inoculated four jars of corn, only available grain at that moment(and that was one evening job).I used simplest internet method for corn preparing as substrate(easy popcorn tek, i think)...They started to colonize and mycellium looked very strong.

So i have two problems and questions?

1.One jar is smaller and i noticed blueish part of mycelium...Now almost all have this blueing...On one of them,aside from blueing, i noticed weird net,like other organism(you'll notice on picture,weblike structure).So here are pictures,is this contaminated?If it is contaminated than stop reading :)

2.I have 20 liter box,fit for monotub...I planed to make mini mono tub with this mycelium...Problem is,it is colonizing very slow,and im afraid if it sits for a while it will get contaminated(more than 3 weeks)...I think that top layer of corn is dried...So

Do i have to wait for whole jar to get colonized or i can take out uncolonized corn and use mycelium, or maybe mix uncolonized corn together with mycelium corn.

Or wait for whole jar colonization witch is very slow, and prone to contaminants,and its almost month now....

WP_20170312_21_54_33_Pro.jpg WP_20170312_21_55_24_Pro.jpg WP_20170312_21_55_41_Pro.jpg WP_20170312_21_56_13_Pro.jpg WP_20170312_21_56_20_Pro.jpg WP_20170312_21_56_31_Pro.jpg WP_20170312_21_56_36_Pro.jpg

#2 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,873 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:59 PM

What species is this Serbica?

• psylocibeserbica likes this

#3 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,414 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:11 PM

Shake the jars vigorously.  Wait a couple days, and you should see the mycelium recovering.  That will also finish colonization a lot faster.  You should shake grain jars around 50%, then once more when fully colonized to test for hidden contams.

I see no contams, and the corn looks good (not too wet).  I think you are in good shape.

• ChimX and orangutan like this

#4 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,873 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

Jammer needs to get me like 20 more likes a day................... :biggrin:

Which is why I was asking what species first......if they were woodlover I'd say shake ONE and see. 

I don't think they are contaminated either...at least not visibly and that mycelium looks rhizo and ready to go. 

A

• MLBjammer likes this

#5 psylocibeserbica

psylocibeserbica

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

Shake the jars vigorously.  Wait a couple days, and you should see the mycelium recovering.  That will also finish colonization a lot faster.  You should shake grain jars around 50%, then once more when fully colonized to test for hidden contams.

I see no contams, and the corn looks good (not too wet).  I think you are in good shape.

Im afraid,i once shaken jar and it contaminated :)

#6 psylocibeserbica

psylocibeserbica

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

Which is why I was asking what species first......if they were woodlover I'd say shake ONE and see. 

I don't think they are contaminated either...at least not visibly and that mycelium looks rhizo and ready to go. 

A

That means i can mix this up with supstrate and make monotub?Im afraid to shake,i contam one corn like that...Psylocibe,golden mamoth,not woodlover.Its pretty strong :)

#7 orangutan

orangutan

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 246 posts

Donator

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:37 PM

When you shook that jar in the past and it got contaminated it was actually already contaminated before you shook it.  You just couldn't see it. 

Shaking a jar with no visible signs of contamination is a good way to see if there are any hidden contaminants.  Another way to think about it is, If you see a contaminant growing after the shake, then you saved a bad jar from going in your substrate!

I've had jars look great and then after a shake they don't recover and a mold takes over.  It's good to get jars like that out of the way before you keep investing time into them.

Chances are, your jars are fine and you will shake them and they will recover.

• MLBjammer, Arathu, psylocibeserbica and 1 other like this

#8 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,414 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:06 AM

^^Extremely well-said.  Yes, shaking will reveal just how clean your jars are.  It's better to know before you spawn them to a bunch of bulk.

I think they look very healthy.  I don't see any bacterial signs or mold.  And the shake will finish up colonization.

• orangutan and psylocibeserbica like this

#9 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,414 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:08 AM

A

Man. if I could do that, I would be pimping "likes" all day, lol.   Actually, I don't even know how the "likes" system works.  I run out of them, too.

• psylocibeserbica likes this

#10 psylocibeserbica

psylocibeserbica

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:08 AM

When you shook that jar in the past and it got contaminated it was actually already contaminated before you shook it.  You just couldn't see it. 

Shaking a jar with no visible signs of contamination is a good way to see if there are any hidden contaminants.  Another way to think about it is, If you see a contaminant growing after the shake, then you saved a bad jar from going in your substrate!

I've had jars look great and then after a shake they don't recover and a mold takes over.  It's good to get jars like that out of the way before you keep investing time into them.

Chances are, your jars are fine and you will shake them and they will recover.

^^Extremely well-said.  Yes, shaking will reveal just how clean your jars are.  It's better to know before you spawn them to a bunch of bulk.

I think they look very healthy.  I don't see any bacterial signs or mold.  And the shake will finish up colonization.

I shook them vigorously,broken all of mycelium,now i see just fuckin corn :/ Hope they recover,they are colonizing almost month...Im afraid it will end up in mold,especially because it made contact with polyfill in the lid...We'll see :) Thanks on advices :) 

#11 psylocibeserbica

psylocibeserbica

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:14 AM

Psylocibe Serbica is endemic and extremly rare specie of psylocibe cubensis,impossible to grow indoor...And man,those picked from nature are so potent that chances are that you will walk with imaginary leprikon for 8 hours :)

• Arathu likes this

#12 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,873 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:00 PM

Psylocibe Serbica is endemic and extremly rare specie of psylocibe cubensis,impossible to grow indoor...And man,those picked from nature are so potent that chances are that you will walk with imaginary leprikon for 8 hours :)

I'm a child of Slavic immigrants to the U.S. .........................

And leprechauns, dwarves, gnomes, and other beings are cool by me.............as long as they don't raid the mushroom patches.........

Better to find out that your grain was contaminated BEFORE wasting a big bulk substrate...........

Good vibes coming at you and the fungi..........

A

• fahtster and psylocibeserbica like this

#13 psylocibeserbica

psylocibeserbica

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:00 AM

I'm a child of Slavic immigrants to the U.S. .........................

And leprechauns, dwarves, gnomes, and other beings are cool by me.............as long as they don't raid the mushroom patches.........

Better to find out that your grain was contaminated BEFORE wasting a big bulk substrate...........

Good vibes coming at you and the fungi..........

A

I think jars will be okay for a small monotub :) Slavs squating all over the world...Regards slavic brother ...:)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!