• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Dabsoutforharambe

Dabsoutforharambe

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

Looking for some of the best tea teks out there, I'm not a huge fan of adding tea bags or any other flavoring besides maybe honey or ginger. I'm really confused with steaping times and whether or not your suppose to boil the water while the cubes are in the pot or just pour the boiling water into the cup and steap the cubes? Any help would be appreciated topia fam.

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,811 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:17 PM

You want to boil the water first to get rid of the oxygen. Then you can steep after the fact whether or not the water is still hot. The boiling just cuts back on the oxidation. The goal is to have as little bluing as possible. Personally I prefer to do extracts with everclear.

• MLBjammer, happy4nic8r and Dabsoutforharambe like this

#3 Dabsoutforharambe

Dabsoutforharambe

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:45 PM

You want to boil the water first to get rid of the oxygen. Then you can steep after the fact whether or not the water is still hot. The boiling just cuts back on the oxidation. The goal is to have as little bluing as possible. Personally I prefer to do extracts with everclear.

I plan on trying my hand at alcohol extraction when I have an abundance of material, I'm mainly asking this question cause i tired a 2 gram dose the other morning and had quite the bout of stomach discomfort. And also found out fasting like i use to before an experience is a no go these days, I had increased heartbeat, sweating and cold chill, feeling like I was about to faint, and holding back the urge to purge the whole time this episode was taking place (about 30 to 40 minutes, within about 2 hours into the experience). I believe this horrible sickness came about cause I had fast for 12 hours prior to the experience and pretty sure I went into a mild hypoglycemic shock. Once I ate 2 fudge rounds and drank a bottle of water i was feeling better in 15 minutes it was a hell of a relief.

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,811 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:55 PM

If body load and stomach discomfort is an issue then tea or extracts are def the way to go. Water extracts will decrease the urge to purge but it still carries over to some extent. Alcohol extracts with 80% or higher will eliminate almost all the stomach discomfort. It also gets rid of the itches, yawns and tearing eyes. Either way, make sure to strain out all the solid material for best results.

Edited by coorsmikey, 12 March 2017 - 10:56 PM.

• Juthro, Needles, Dilatedpupils and 1 other like this

#5 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,197 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:36 AM

This is my absolute favorite tek for tea.  Like Mikey said, bring the water to a boil before adding the fungus.  Other than that, here's a little ass-whoopin' for ya:

https://mycotopia.ne...hoopin-tea-tek/

• riseabovethought, Juthro, Dabsoutforharambe and 1 other like this

#6 Triptomemes

Triptomemes

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:10 AM

^^That's what I use^^ It gets all the goodies into the water and delivers a punch. 

• Dabsoutforharambe likes this

#7 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,756 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

Do you just throw out the material?  Thats the part Im uneasy with.  I bet its still good.  I know they say it isnt.  I just bet it is.  Ima find out damnit.

• Dilatedpupils likes this

#8 catattack

catattack

[^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,758 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:25 AM

Do you just throw out the material? Thats the part Im uneasy with. I bet its still good. I know they say it isnt. I just bet it is. Ima find out damnit.

Ya gotta risk it for the biscuit!

Citrus juice foreverrrrrr! FTW!
  • Dilatedpupils and Dabsoutforharambe like this

#9 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,756 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:26 AM

With this method, can you tell me how best to know the material is exhausted before I dispose of it?  I guess I am thinking about freshy storage in everclear, rather than the extract only because I dont want to waste the material, but Im sure you dont either.  Just wondering how you know its all out and all accounted for, after the extraction.  Or maybe you still consume the material too?

Edited by riseabovethought, 13 March 2017 - 10:38 AM.

#10 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,756 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:27 AM

Ahh, citrus shooters would solve that issue pretty nicely.   :thumbs_up: Thanks Cat!

• catattack likes this

#11 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,756 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:40 AM

This is my absolute favorite tek for tea.  Like Mikey said, bring the water to a boil before adding the fungus.  Other than that, here's a little ass-whoopin' for ya:

Hey Jammer, whats you favorite way to consume?  Is it tea?  Just curious.

#12 catattack

catattack

[^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,758 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:15 AM

Ahh, citrus shooters would solve that issue pretty nicely.   :thumbs_up: Thanks Cat!

I crush that shit and put it into some organic grapefruit juice (drug warning stuff ) or organic lemonade, whoops, down the hatch!

†  http://www.pharmacyt...ication-potency

• riseabovethought likes this

#13 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,267 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:17 PM

+1 for Lazlo's ass whooping tea, as suggested by MLB.

I followed Jammers advice about it several years ago, and haven't ever looked back. It is a hell of a ride, and is now my preferred method of indulging. Body load wasn't ever a real big problem for me, but I enjoy eliminating most of it anyway. It leaves for a 'cleaner' trip to the stars IMHO.

The only down side to tea (again, IMHO) is that what it gains in intensity, it looses in longevity. (AKA the trip is more intense, but shorter) This is not really a bad thing, per se, but it is worth mentioning.

Edited by Juthro, 13 March 2017 - 12:21 PM.

• coorsmikey, riseabovethought and catattack like this

#14 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• Free Member
  • 3,418 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

Make blue honey then use it as sweetener in whatever you want to drink.
  • riseabovethought and catattack like this

#15 Dabsoutforharambe

Dabsoutforharambe

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:40 PM

Make blue honey then use it as sweetener in whatever you want to drink.

Can you point me to a reliable tek?

#16 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• Free Member
  • 3,418 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:33 AM

Search here for blue honey and you will find them.
I just dry and powderize them and stir it to into warm honey. About a half gram per teaspoon works well.

#17 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,197 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:32 AM

This is my absolute favorite tek for tea. Like Mikey said, bring the water to a boil before adding the fungus. Other than that, here's a little ass-whoopin' for ya:

Hey Jammer, whats you favorite way to consume? Is it tea? Just curious.

Yeah, tea is my favorite by far. You can definitely throw the fungus out after you steep.

Honey would be my 2nd favorite. TV Casualty has a great honey tek as well.
  • riseabovethought, Juthro and Dabsoutforharambe like this

#18 Dilatedpupils

Dilatedpupils

HappyDude

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

If body load and stomach discomfort is an issue then tea or extracts are def the way to go. Water extracts will decrease the urge to purge but it still carries over to some extent. Alcohol extracts with 80% or higher will eliminate almost all the stomach discomfort. It also gets rid of the itches, yawns and tearing eyes. Either way, make sure to strain out all the solid material for best results.

Why do we yawn and have constantly teary eyes while on dose? I thought I was just weird hahaha omg it's a relief knowing I'm not the only one that happens to.... and hey quick question; once you've extracted with alcohol is what your drinking essentially alcohol shrooms? Or is there a process that eliminated the alcohol leaving pure psylocibin? Sorry if the question is confusing but I've been itching to ask someone..

is you SEARZ?
  • riseabovethought and Dabsoutforharambe like this

#19 panaho

panaho

Keyboard Krusader

• Free Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

Tea is simply biomass either dried or fresh that has been put to a water bath.  I like to use a pot of water brought to a boil  and then add stuff to that  until the water looks like tea or coffee , depending on how strong you like it.

You can make really strong tea or weak tea .  Personally , I like to make really strong tea.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!