• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 181 posts

Posted Today, 04:35 AM

Have you thought of using nitrogen? Evacuate the chamber using a HVAC pump, which would also cause a few % drop in water, and then introduce nitrogen, or CO2, or something like that?

Then seal it in plastic, or such. Or if you're just putting them in jars, just put the lid on.

Does any1 store 'diced dried', for ease of handling etc.?

#22 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 117 posts

Posted Today, 06:21 AM

Look up long term grain storage, you'll find information about nitrogen packing. Personally I think it would be too much added work and expense.

#23 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 181 posts

Posted Today, 07:21 AM

Look up long term grain storage, you'll find information about nitrogen packing. Personally I think it would be too much added work and expense.

Then again there's always a way to ensure you have fresh mushrooms. Keep growing them.

But I can certainly see a use in being able to store some for lean times, friends visiting, some from overseas, etc etc.

I'm not sure I'd be confident chomping on a decades-old shroom, no matter how it's been stored.

I cant see much money in Mushroom Taxidermy. Maybe for your first-ever mushroom, but I thought the whole point was not to look at it, just shut up and eat it.

Edited by scott_1971_h, Today, 07:26 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!