5 replies to this topic

#1 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,157 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:24 AM

My best friend for the last 2 years and 8 months has passed away.

She was my darling, precious, sweet, playful, loving, beautiful little sweetheart.  I gave her all my love, completely, and I'm sure she knew it.

Even though she was little, and not born of my body, she was still very much a person to me, and had a soul just as precious as as any I have encountered.  She came into my life by accident, and I have felt lucky every moment that I knew her.

I looked forward to seeing her when I was at work.  I spoke to her out loud in front of people I worked with, not caring how stupid I sounded apparently talking to myself.  I would say "don't worry baby, mommy's coming home soon!" and when I walked through the door I would hear a scuffle.  She would jump up and grab the wall of her cage, clearly excited to see that I'm home, and ready to come out and have her bath and then play with me to settle down between my boobs while I watched Netflix or stand on my shoulder while I typed on the computer.

She was my best friend, my adopted daughter, my sweet baby.

I'm going to miss my rituals of cleaning her cage, getting her food prepped for her, giving her baths in the sink, cleaning up her little poopies.

I miss her so much I feel like my heart is breaking.  I'm not a religious person any more, but I do feel that there is more going on in life than meets the eye.  I have broken down and begged god to tell me I would see her again, if there's anything like an afterlife or anything like heaven.  My experiences on psychedelics tell me that there is another world where all our energy and vibration sings forever, where we are all together and none of us is ever really alone.

My world is gray, the room is silent, and all I have is love with no one to give it to.  I feel like I'm dying and I need to hear the echo come back from her little heart, swelling with happiness and love and appreciation, telling me "hello mommy!  i've missed you!  thank you for loving me so much.  i love you too!"

Here's to my little sweetpea.  I will love you forever Monkie.

monkie1.jpg   monkie2.jpg

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

Edited by darci, 16 March 2017 - 06:48 AM.

• Spooner likes this

#2 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:55 AM

The Universe vibrates chaotically, but you and Monkie distilled a gem out of the chaos.  That reality can never be lost, nor can it ever be duplicated, it will always be exactly what it is, a rare, ephemeral commingling of two lives where the result is greater than the sum of it's parts.  What a blessing!

• Skywatcher, Alder Logs, Juthro and 1 other like this

#3 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,502 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:04 PM

My condolences, Darci.
  • Skywatcher likes this

#4 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,247 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:02 PM

So sorry darci.

It seems our most loved and trusted companion animals never live as long as they would if it was up to us. I personally believe we will see them again..................

This poem was shared with me once, I will share it with you and send love. Love transcends death...............

RB_Poem_Gate.jpg
RainbowBridge.com

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Edited by Skywatcher, 16 March 2017 - 05:03 PM.

• Alder Logs and Juthro like this

#5 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,157 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:44 AM

We had dogs and cats which I loved.  But why was I so taken by this diminutive little nothing?  This animal which some call a pest, or worse - vermin!

She was nothing like that!  She had so much sweet personality in such a small package.  I swear she had moods and made decisions right in front of me, she knew who I was and what I represented, she looked forward to seeing me, and most of all - needed me.

The feeling I got from her was appreciation, affection, and love.  Her little baths were the highlight of my day.  To hold her fragile little body and to scrub her with baby shampoo, make sure the water is just the right temperature, see her delight and fun splashing around in the water, see how diligent she was about making sure every little millimeter of her furry self was groomed just right.  It gave me such delight and filled me with joy to be her caretaker.  I would have gladly done it for a million years.

We played like best friends.  There was complete trust.  A bond unlike anything I can describe.  She was my baby and I was her mommie.  I want that feeling back so bad.  I loved her so...  she was remarkably intelligent for her size, an incredible graceful athlete, clever, sweet, fun.  God I saw such a little angel in her.  She was perfect and beautiful and I really don't care if every other person in the world thinks it's weird that I had a pet rat.  She was beautiful to me.

I will miss her forever.  I've cried so much lately that my contacts turn blurry and I had to break out an old pair of glasses to wear at work.  NOBODY has seen me in glasses in years!  I can't wear anything else right now because I cry so much.

There's nothing else I can say.  Just memories of love.  Goodbye my sweetpea.  Mommy will see you again one day.  Thank you for being a part of my life. 

XOXOXOXOXO

• Skywatcher and Alder Logs like this

#6 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,247 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:43 AM

I am in complete understanding darci. I had rats as pets for many years. They are amazingly affectionate and smart, yet there always seemed to be one that was bonded more than any others, and would be my favorite. I was not allowed to bring them in the house, but my favorite was smuggled in daily. They were all taught to come when I made a "clicking" sound, so no matter how far my little friend wandered in my room, she would quickly return when called.

They very much depend on us, yet the affection is more than a simple response to food and care. Anyone who has had rats as pets and friends knows this.

I am very sorry you lost sweetpea. Know that there will not, or could not be a replacement, as she was special, yet you may form a new and different friendship with another. This is not any form of replacement, as that is not possible, but leave yourself open to form a new and different friendship. It helps ease the sadness without dishonoring the special love you had for sweetpea. I hope you let her spirit guide you to another special friend.....................

Edited by Skywatcher, 18 March 2017 - 01:10 PM.

• Alder Logs likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!