Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

my friend's first mushroom trip... I have questions!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

mycochimp

• Gold VIP
  • 358 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:29 PM

So last night my friend (the same one who turned around and drove 2 hours to save me when I had a scary acid trip- so don't judge him harshly with what follows, ok?) had his chance to try my shrooms.

I am SO GLAD we did not trip together, as was the original plan.

This is a guy who is younger, larger, heavier than me, with lower body fat (being male) and no doubt a larger healthier liver.  He has MUCH MUCH more drug experience than I (in a 'party' context but experience none the less) I have NO IDEA why what happened happened.

I carefully weighed out 3g of the same mushrooms as I took 3g of the day before.  prepared them the same way, and he consumed them the same way.  Then our paths diverged.

My comeup was about 20 minutes, and like a rocket screaming into space.  His was approx an hour, and was much more gentle and enjoyable.  I noticed him starting to yawn and blow his nose (I didn't have these effects) and that was the only way I knew it had kicked in.

Long story short, I can't describe someone else's trip, but let's say in a nutshell that it had distinct phases.  Phase 1 He was rubbng his eyes and kind of huffing and puffing, and said 'it''s a lot like DMT'. we sat and watched Harvey Birdman (hehe) for about an hour.  He was getting really fidgety so I suggested we go outside (as I REALLY wanted to be outside when I tripped on these shrooms).  

We went out (he was staggering) and sat, and he seemed too be almost struggling, rubbing his eyes and shaking his head and saying 'this is fucked up'.  I said it will be over soon so try to enjoy it, just go with it- he started talking then and talked non-stop for about 2 hours!!  I wrote down a lot of what he said so he could read it later.  

The first hour was pretty deep and full of meaning for him.  He obviously had his own revelations and while he didn;t express them to me very clearly he said enough words that I was able to hopefullly write them down to remind him later.  

ANywhoo (I am getting to the 'good' part)  he seemed to become more and more almost manic, and I would say 'intoxicated' (I didn't feel intoxicated, just different), he fell off the bed (we were upstairs now because he said he wanted to lie down), then he poured a bottle of pepsi over my bed (grr), knocked some stuff off my dresser, basically trashed the place, non destructively.  Like a bull in a china shop but not malicious.

Ok so at some point we went back downstairs.  I wanted him to eat something as this had been going for about 3 hours by now and I felt like maybe some blood sugar would be a good idea.  On reflection maybe I should have gotten him to smoke a lil weed, but I dunno, that didn;t occur to me. He sat back down and I went into the kitchen... and then I heard a CRASH!

I came running...

And he was in my mushroom room....

And he had thrown my FC on the floor and scattered everything everywhere :-(

Well.  You can imagine how I felt.  For about 5 minutes I was SO FUCKING WILD- he wasn't even sorry, he actually said 'Don't worry about it, come on!' and walked back out to the living room.  I made him sit down again and put on the Animatrix (knew that would hold his attention) while I assessed the damage.  This isn't about me so I'll get to the  rest of his trip.  

After I cleaned up, I wasn't mad anymore, he would NEVER do that, something else was driving.  About an hour later he said 'I imagined that I did something to your mushrooms' :-/.  Then he was so sad and sorry.  He says he remembers doing it but has no idea what he was thinking, only that it wasn't to be mean to me, or anything like that.  He said that for a long time he was sitting there trying to figure out whether I seemed sad/angry or was he paranoid. hahah.  because he didn't think he'd done anything to make me angry.

Even after that when we were talking about his trip, he seemed confused and almost intoxicated.

I've never read about anyone reacting like this on mushrooms!  

Any thoughts?

• ChimX and Gnomesayin like this

#2 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:37 PM

You say he had plenty of drug experience but was any of it with psychedelics? Hope you're both OK.
  • tailsmcsnails likes this

#3 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

mycochimp

• Gold VIP
  • 358 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

Yup.  MDMA, MDA etc many many times, Acid many times, DMT with me (DMT never really lets him in but he handled it ok).  I'm thinking there's a big difference between tripping or rolling at a rave and doing it alone with your head.

#4 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 4,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

can't say that i have known anyone personally that acted like that when high on mush, except when they were drunk and ate mushrooms, then it just made the wrong personality out of him. I am gonna guess and say your friend might have some issues hidden from you that the mush brought out, like a violent side. Maybe he had a bad reaction to anything in the mush, some people cant physically eat them because they make them sick. Hard to say what happened, and i dont want to speculate. Hopefully he is alright. Maybe mushrooms or lsd is not for him.

• ChimX and tailsmcsnails like this

#5 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

mycochimp

• Gold VIP
  • 358 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:06 PM

it's strange, there was no violence as such, more like he had no idea what his body was for.  He said this morning that he remembers wanting to put his head in the terrarium with the mushrooms... and couldn't really understand that he was too big to fit.   He also told me this morning that he mainly remembers being told by 'an entity' who he had a long conversation with that his job was to 'take care of Tails'... so you can't really be mad with that.  

#6 ChimX

ChimX

Spiritual Forager

• Free Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

You handled that like a boss Tails. You didn't let emotions get the better of you. You didn't get angry at the Pepsi or, moreover, the FC that you've taken such great care with. You remained calm and supportive when he was struggling.

I've never read about anyone reacting like this on mushrooms! Any thoughts?

Yeah, a couple...

He has MUCH MUCH more drug experience than I (in a 'party' context but experience none the less)

Yage rituals here, begin by cleansing the area with Palo Santo (incense), chants, candles, arranging of an altar, preparation of a music playist, and often meditation or prayer. But what's the point of all this? In the States it would be called 'Setting'.

'Set' is what we bring to the table. It's how we are emotionally and/or spiritually when we raise these medicines to our lips. Anyone who has taken the time to prep a ritual like the Yage description above, is almost certainly bringing a beautiful 'set' with them, just from the care and respect they've shown by taking the time to do so. All these little tasks and details calm and sooth the mind and soul.

My opinion of what transpired, would be best expressed by copy and pasting my previous post to you in your last thread.

"You've got powerful spiritual tools, sincerity and respect. Your practices during rituals mirror those in Yage ceremonies down here."

Those who take psychedelics 'for kicks' are liable to take some kicks in the process.

Metta to you Tails,
Massive respect.
-ChimX

Edited by ChimX, 18 March 2017 - 09:59 PM.

• Arathu, Gnomesayin and tailsmcsnails like this

#7 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

mycochimp

• Gold VIP
  • 358 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:38 PM

That's interesting. When I'm planning to trip (note I said planning haha) I clean my house the day before, get some incense ready and music. I don't light candles cos I'm scared I'll burn the house down! Anyway it's interesting how intuition creates basically similar rituals isn't it. Thanks for the reply.
  • ChimX likes this

#8 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,829 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:01 AM

Wow.....things do get kinda crazy sometime with the medicines.............

Great job dealing and sitting.....

I can relate with not understanding size and fit......I've wanted to hang out in shroomland to...........more than once :biggrin:

A

• ChimX and tailsmcsnails like this

#9 ChimX

ChimX

Spiritual Forager

• Free Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:43 AM

That's interesting. When I'm planning to trip (note I said planning haha) I clean my house the day before, get some incense ready and music. I don't light candles cos I'm scared I'll burn the house down! Anyway it's interesting how intuition creates basically similar rituals isn't it. Thanks for the reply.

It is interesting that. If you believe in this sort of thing, perhaps you were a Curandeira or Shaman in a past incarnation.

Everytime I read one of your posts, my first thought is 'Tails would fit right in with ceremonies down here.' Like a duck to water. You'd also make an awesome 'Fiscal'. Fiscals are essentially trip sitters that get together the day before a ritual (sometimes 8-12 hours before) and have a Yage ceremony of their own, so that they're 'in the rythym of the vine' for the ceremony the day after. Towards the end of the open ceremony, when everyone is quiet and drifting towards sleep, the fiscals usually drink again.

I always look forward to your threads and reports.

Metta
-ChimX
  • tailsmcsnails likes this

#10 ChimX

ChimX

Spiritual Forager

• Free Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:22 AM

By the way Tails, here's something for your playlist. It's one of my favorites in ceremonies and is perfect for when, or if, you find yourself in one of those 'Almost too much' moments.

Guarani children singing Nhamandu Mirî:

[Direct Link]

Nhamandu Miri
Omãnó pu’ã
Ojexaka
Oguêro guata
Oguêro guata

Little sun
Taking your light
And walking
With your wisdom
And with your eternal ray.

(Translated to English from the Portuguese version below)

Pequeno sol
Levando sua luz
E caminhando
Com sua sabedoria
E com seu raio eterno.

Metta
-ChimX

Edited by ChimX, 19 March 2017 - 02:55 AM.

• Arathu, Spooner, Gnomesayin and 1 other like this

#11 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

mycochimp

• Gold VIP
  • 358 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:59 AM

By the way Tails, here's something for your playlist. It's one of my favorites in ceremonies and is perfect for when, or if, you find yourself in one of those 'Almost too much' moments.

Guarani children singing Nhamandu Mirî:

[Direct Link]

Nhamandu Miri
Omãnó pu’ã
Ojexaka
Oguêro guata
Oguêro guata

Little sun
Taking your light
And walking
With your wisdom
And with your eternal ray.

(Translated to English from the Portuguese version below)

Pequeno sol
Levando sua luz
E caminhando
Com sua sabedoria
E com seu raio eterno.

Metta
-ChimX

goosebumps, especially because I started to ask you earlier if you could recommend a playlist or some music for next time, but it was too hard on my phone and I came back and you'd already done it :-)

• ChimX likes this

#12 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

mycochimp

• Gold VIP
  • 358 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:02 AM

It is interesting that. If you believe in this sort of thing, perhaps you were a Curandeira or Shaman in a past incarnation.

Everytime I read one of your posts, my first thought is 'Tails would fit right in with ceremonies down here.' Like a duck to water. You'd also make an awesome 'Fiscal'. Fiscals are essentially trip sitters that get together the day before a ritual (sometimes 8-12 hours before) and have a Yage ceremony of their own, so that they're 'in the rythym of the vine' for the ceremony the day after. Towards the end of the open ceremony, when everyone is quiet and drifting towards sleep, the fiscals usually drink again.

I always look forward to your threads and reports.

Metta
-ChimX

wow that is flattering thank you.  In 'this' reality I have worked both as a birth doula and as a palliative care nurse, not so different, I've been hanging around holding the veil back for others to pass in and out for years :-).

• Arathu, ChimX and Spooner like this

#13 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

mycochimp

• Gold VIP
  • 358 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:05 AM

Wow.....things do get kinda crazy sometime with the medicines.............

Great job dealing and sitting.....

I can relate with not understanding size and fit......I've wanted to hang out in shroomland to...........more than once :biggrin:

A

haha I have no idea what you really look like but I IMAGINE you trying to fit into a FC and it's adorable in an Alice in Wonderland peering through the tiny door kind of way.

• Arathu likes this

#14 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,829 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:08 AM

My ceremonies are almost always alone and usually inside a stone circle I've built......a fire for sure......tree frogs, millions of insects, the winds through the tree's and an increasing number of chimes I've been making are my usual soundtracks for the journey's. Shooting stars leave traces in the sky for hours when one can "see" them.......Yes, Alice, Arathu, both start with an A.........would love to meet the smoking caterpillar....................  :biggrin:  To pass through the various doors and gateways, IME, the body has to stay...........in the circle...................I want to build a large ceremonial circle in the mountains for people to use just like this........a retreat for weirdo's like me. If one prepares themselves and enters the ceremony with respect and intent it is quite possible to converse with the little folk................ and other wights/beings. I can't wait for the weather to finally break............ 

When I'm planning to trip (note I said planning haha)

Yes...planning and preparing ensure set and setting for me......it also allows me to set up specifics.......personally I don't trip with people that take things frivolously or just want to party any more. It's sacred to me.........

I find full moon ceremonies and thunderstorms to be especially interesting...............

Those who take psychedelics 'for kicks' are liable to take some kicks in the process.

That's some serious truth right there...........and IME in many cases lesson number one, sometimes that's followed with facing the fear of death and especially burning in some hell..........

A

Edited by Arathu, 19 March 2017 - 08:19 AM.

• MLBjammer, ChimX and tailsmcsnails like this

#15 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

mycochimp

• Gold VIP
  • 358 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:59 AM

My ceremonies are almost always alone and usually inside a stone circle I've built......a fire for sure......tree frogs, millions of insects, the winds through the tree's and an increasing number of chimes I've been making are my usual soundtracks for the journey's. Shooting stars leave traces in the sky for hours when one can "see" them.......Yes, Alice, Arathu, both start with an A.........would love to meet the smoking caterpillar....................  :biggrin:  To pass through the various doors and gateways, IME, the body has to stay...........in the circle...................I want to build a large ceremonial circle in the mountains for people to use just like this........a retreat for weirdo's like me. If one prepares themselves and enters the ceremony with respect and intent it is quite possible to converse with the little folk................ and other wights/beings. I can't wait for the weather to finally break............ 

When I'm planning to trip (note I said planning haha)

Yes...planning and preparing ensure set and setting for me......it also allows me to set up specifics.......personally I don't trip with people that take things frivolously or just want to party any more. It's sacred to me.........

I find full moon ceremonies and thunderstorms to be especially interesting...............

That's some serious truth right there...........and IME in many cases lesson number one, sometimes that's followed with facing the fear of death and especially burning in some hell..........

A

I just wanted to say how much I loved this post!  Everything about it.  Thanks for taking the time for such a detailed and heartfelt reply.  Love the thought of your trees shaking their chimes at you :-).

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!