#1 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 50 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

I participated in an ayahuasca ceremony this weekend.  It was a very rewarding and spiritual experience. It was difficult and challenging. It's certainly not a recreational drug.  The shaman and his helpers kept us safe and looked after us while we tripped.

The Journey.

At 7:30 we each drank a 1/4 dixie cup of strong bitter goo.  An hour later we were offered another on for those of us who thought we should have more. I had a second cup.  A few minutes later the first cup kicked in and I realized I was in for a potent ride. Ayahuasca is powerful and not gentle.  I was hit with a barrage of synesthesia, and a need to pee, poop, and vomit all at the same time, while also tearing of my shirt because I was incredibly hot, all while I could hardly see and was overwhelmed and disoriented.  Fortunately a kind person helped me get sorted out and I was able to settle . The aya came to me in waves.  The first one was the strongest and lasted probably an hour. I felt relieved and happy and thought it was over.  A few minutes later it was back almost as strong again for another hour or so.  This continued throughout the night and by 5 in the morning I was completely exhausted.

We got up at about 9 and did some integration exercises, and got to know each other better.  going through something like that together is a bonding experience.  It was very emotional.

The next night we were offered aya again or San Pedro.  Most of us took the San Pedro.I did not feel up to a repeat of the aya. I opted for a low dose  of San Pedro and was happy to participate at that level. I found it a mild and happy psychedelic.

I will participate again..

• Coopdog, Spliff, ChimX and 3 others like this

#2 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

mycochimp

• Gold VIP
  • 255 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:56 AM

Thanks for sharing! Can I ask some questions? If she answer's no just ignore me.

Were you in S America for the ceremony?

Can you elaborate a little on what the Aya was like? As much or as little detail as you feel comfortable with.

What do you feel you got from it? How did it compare to other psychedelics you've tried?

What was the benefit of partaking in a group?

At least you know I'm interested haha sorry to be so nosy. ❤

#3 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:20 AM

aya and pedro on two consecutive days would be like running back to back marathons.

give Sparrow a little time to get back on this planet :)

• tailsmcsnails likes this

#4 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 50 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

Thanks for sharing! Can I ask some questions? If she answer's no just ignore me.

Can you elaborate a little on what the Aya was like? As much or as little detail as you feel comfortable with.

What do you feel you got from it? How did it compare to other psychedelics you've tried?

At least you know I'm interested haha sorry to be so nosy. ❤ Hi Tails, I'm happy to share. The ceremony was in Canada.  The Ayahuasca was similar to LSD or mushrooms, but different in that there was no euphoric stage.  In some ways more like coming down hard after a strong LSD experience.  The colours  and designs were all DMT  Sort of like vaped DMT that kept repeating.  It was a very de-constructive experience.  I was pulled apart and left to reassemble as a new version of me.  That is the helpful part.  I would NOT do that by myself. Support from people who know what they are doing is a huge benefit.  

Love.

• Coopdog and tailsmcsnails like this

#5 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

mycochimp

• Gold VIP
  • 255 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:52 PM

aya and pedro on two consecutive days would be like running back to back marathons.

give Sparrow a little time to get back on this planet :)

Wouldn't be a trip without me following you around tugging on your sleeve begging for stories before you're ready, now would it?   :ph34r:

• Coopdog and ChimX like this

#6 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

mycochimp

• Gold VIP
  • 255 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:54 PM

At least you know I'm interested haha sorry to be so nosy. ❤ Hi Tails, I'm happy to share. The ceremony was in Canada.  The Ayahuasca was similar to LSD or mushrooms, but different in that there was no euphoric stage.  In some ways more like coming down hard after a strong LSD experience.  The colours  and designs were all DMT  Sort of like vaped DMT that kept repeating.  It was a very de-constructive experience.  I was pulled apart and left to reassemble as a new version of me.  That is the helpful part.  I would NOT do that by myself. Support from people who know what they are doing is a huge benefit.  

Love.

If you feel like it, I'd love to hear what the people, the guides or whatever they are- what they do for you?  How do you interact with them, and so on.  I don't know why I'm so curious but I am (and PLEASE just ignore me if I'm being too inquisitive).   :hug:

#7 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:31 AM

I've been planning on a 'proper' aya for a while. Do you know how much you used?

I (think) I have a sitter lined up for when I do it. 

#8 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 50 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

I've been planning on a 'proper' aya for a while. Do you know how much you used?
I (think) I have a sitter lined up for when I do it.

I took what I was given. We were offered more after 1 hour. Half of us took the same amount a second time. We could have had more again an hour later but none did. It took about an hour to feel the effects. I was tripping moderately when the second dose kicked in an hour after I took that. That culmination was as I posted above. You could guess and divide your dose in a similar fashion.
I

Edited by sparrow95, 24 March 2017 - 07:01 PM.

#9 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

so the shaman had you drink a mixture of both vine and leaf?  not a tea of vine first, then wait, then a tea of leaf later?

it will work but is slightly less efficient than drinking the vine and letting it do its work and then drink the second (leaf) portion a half hour or so later. I guess if you have a whole jungle full of raw materials right out your back door efficiency isn't your first concern  :)

I've seen old VHS tapes of old fashioned aya ceremonies and the shaman brewed both vine and leaf together and, just like in your ceremony, offered a second dose to anyone who thought they'd like more

so, Sparrow, were you able to keep the mixture down? and did you get what you hoped from the ceremony?

Edited by pharmer, 24 March 2017 - 08:37 PM.

#10 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 50 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:44 PM

so the shaman had you drink a mixture of both vine and leaf?  not a tea of vine first, then wait, then a tea of leaf later?

it will work but is slightly less efficient than drinking the vine and letting it do its work and then drink the second (leaf) portion a half hour or so later. I guess if you have a whole jungle full of raw materials right out your back door efficiency isn't your first concern  :)

I've seen old VHS tapes of old fashioned aya ceremonies and the shaman brewed both vine and leaf together and, just like in your ceremony, offered a second dose to anyone who thought they'd like more

so, Sparrow, were you able to keep the mixture down? and did you get what you hoped from the ceremony?

See posts 1 and 4

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!