#1 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Myco Newb

• App Administrator
  • 3,730 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

I often get requests and questions about the method I use to extract the Magic. I can't count how many times someone has asked me for a link to my method. So by popular demand I have decided to post my method. Also I figure I could log how it has evolved and continue to evolve.

Psilocybin/psylocin extracts are my preferred method to consume active mushrooms for a few of the following reasons. One good reason for me is I am very sensitive to many side effects that come along with eating Psilocybes. Body load for example is somthing I hear a lot of people discuss. Some like it and others find it undesirable. I for one don't want to feel like a ton of bricks when I am trying to have a good time. Eating whole mushrooms also give me the shits somthing fierce to the point it is very difficult to be anywhere that doesn't have a bathroom very easily accessible. So concerts with huge lines for an often less than acceptable conditions is a no go.

Now there is that common urge that I have seen most of my friends and family get to that isn't as bad as the shits, but none the less embarrassing. The urge to purge! While the purge often feels good afterward and you usually pull your head up feeling refreshed and tripping balls after that. It has always been my intention to find a way to eliminate the urge to purge.

Another side effect that since I have become older and wiser and can't do the things I could do when I was younger, is harder on my body. That is being able to sleep after a long ride. When I'm done tripping I am done! I am usually pretty tired and wore out after a good ride. I want to go to bed and sleep, not lay there staring at the ceiling only to have waves come back like a roller coaster ride until the sun comes up.

Then there are the little things that don't bother me so much but I don't miss when I dont experience them. Like eyes watering like I'm crying or having intense yawns for the whole ride.
All these side effect have driven me over the years to try and perfect the best experience. Obviously there are other factors that contribute to the over all experience that can't be laid out in a recipe for an extract. Certain things can only be controlled on your end. Like the mental state and mind frame. Set and setting. Overall health, the people that you surround yourself with or don't. Even things like your diet prior to consumption have an effect on how your ride goes. Using extracts may eliminate some of the undesirable side effects but should not be relied on solely to ensure a good trip.

Again this method is my personal preference and mileage may vary with others. There are several things that one can do to personalize the recipe, much like spaghetti there are so many variables that make it really good or just another batch. What kind of ingredients that go in to it and when makes a difference on how it turns out, but one can still just throw everything in a pot at the same time and still have spaghetti in the end.

Now that was probably way to much talking for what you're gonna see as a really simple tek here. There is not much to this and that's why I have never started a thread on it before now.

So I start out with dried mushrooms, for me I can take different strains and or species to mix together to caiter to the mood and desired trip I am looking for. That comes with time and experience to get that dialed in. But to keep it simple we won't discuss that now. Basically I take the desired amount of mushrooms we want to consume, multiply that by the number of people participating.

Then I take a mini food processor and chop up the shrooms into small almost powdered dust. A blender or coffee grinder will work fine, but this is what I use.post-105498-0-96447800-1490401069.png

Then I use the highest percentage ethanol I can get my hands on. I often ferment and distill my own ethanol that is between 90-96% pure. The higher the percentage the less oxidation that will occur to the goodies. Everclear is what you want if your have to purchase. Vodka and other low percentage will work, but turns blue and degades very fast. So stick with the everclear if all possible.post-105498-0-00072100-1506488191.jpeg

Then I pour enough ethanol to soak into the shrooms and barely cover them up.
post-105498-0-68048900-1490401615.jpg

I let the mix soak for 20 min up to overnight depending on how much of a hurry I get in to. On the whim spontaneous decision to trip right away I have gotten away with a twenty minute soak and still had a great time.

After the soak I take a piece of t-shirt or cheesecloth, what ever I have on hand that will strain the shroom muck with out getting any of solid matter in the extract. I have used bounty paper towels before but they like to break when you're squeezing the shit out them. Yeah you want to squeeze as much of the alcohol as you can't from the mushroom muck which leaves behind an almost clay like ball of shrooms.

At that point the remaing alcohol is ready for consumption but most likely will be to strong for most people to shoot. So dilute with whatever you think will make it go down easily. At this point one can expect a 5-15 minute come on and a ride that lasts exactly 4 hours. Assuming that one uses an average 2-3 gram dose per person. Expect a very clean ride!

Now I like to take it another step further because I often find the above method to be "to clean" of a ride and I feel that I loose some of the spirituality from the ride and becomes just a visual ride without the mindfuck. There is a time and place for those rides too.

To get back some of that spiritual shit that I personally enjoy. I will take cranberry juice and do another soak and wash from the original mushroom muck leftover from the first pull. Any acidic juice will work but I just prefer cranberry as I think it mixes well with the everclear. Either way it all tastes like shit!
post-105498-0-53004700-1490402886.jpg

There you have it. A super simple way to get yourself a really good clean ride. As you can probably imagine the other advantages such as stealth and portability. Also if stored in an acidic juice and in the cold dark this extract has a very long shelf life.
Thanks for stopping in to take look, I hope some can enjoy this method as much as my family, friends and myself have. One last warning I want to throw in is that this method can be abused. As It does make for a clean trip, it can be deceiving on the strength. I do have some friends that will never trip again because I gave them a dose of the size I am comfortable with. It's not cool to lose good tripping parnters. So always be respectful of others tolerance.

Attached Thumbnails

• 03FD2B35-BCC2-4F30-A2F4-124E4C4088FD-878-000001919E3CE548.png
  • IMG_0128.JPG
  • IMG_0127.JPG
  • 39604A55-E40F-4D47-BD9A-C05A6A691589.jpeg

Edited by coorsmikey, 12 December 2017 - 09:01 PM.

• onediadem, Sidestreet, phlegmbae and 19 others like this

#2 Opalguy

Opalguy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 116 posts

Donator

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

Love the Walking Dead signature! Once I heal up, I will be trying!

#3 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 2,065 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

I do like the stealth aspect of this.

#4 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

o()xxxx[{::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

• OG VIP
  • 9,216 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:25 AM

How does one "X" it from there?

Don't you have a "freshie" version?

#5 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,858 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

Woo hoo!  Thanks Mikey!  I am very interested in the difference in body load, etc.  I can judge it by using about the same amount I normally use, extracting that, and compare.  Thank you brother!

• coorsmikey and CatsAndBats like this

#6 Opalguy

Opalguy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 116 posts

Donator

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

I may have something to add here. When I do extracts, or do a final filtering on my aged grain distillates..... I use a coffee press and 1,2 or 3 filter papers. Pour raw muddy mix into an aeropress, and let it drain a bit. Wet the rubber plunger with whatever you are using as solvent(everclear) and press gently. Voila! Also.... the ONLY way to make great coffee IMHO. Nice and clean, pressed into a puck and nicely squeezed out mushie remains, salvia leaves, shake.....or coffee grounds. Thanks Mikey!

• Needles and CatsAndBats like this

#7 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Myco Newb

• App Administrator
  • 3,730 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

How does one "X" it from there?

Don't you have a "freshie" version?

If one wants to evap the alcohol and scrape the brown sludge up, you can make "Tootsie Rolls".

For Freshies just multiply the desired dry weight by 10 and use the same process. The high percent alcohol actually works like reverse osmosis buy sucking out the water from the shrooms and replaces it with the alcohol. Strain as you normally would. The downside to using freshies is the amount of alcohol that it uses is not cost effective and you will have less psilly per milliliter of booze. Not only do you have to choke down more liquor to get to the same place, but good ethanol is expensive and often highly taxed if you have to buy your own. Think about it like this, 28 gram of dried and ground up is about a half pint. Now to make the extract you would need about 2/3 pint of ethanol. Now what is the equivalent of 28 gram in freshies? A little over a pound at 560 gram diluted in probably 2 liters of ethanol. Now you would have to take 10 shots to get to the same place or you would have to evaporate away all that expensive alcohol.

Edited by coorsmikey, 25 March 2017 - 10:27 PM.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#8 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 930 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

I have always wondered about how making tincture from actives would be. It is definitely my favorite way to consume the medicinals.
All those body load experiences you described hit close to home so your tech will be on a list of things to try.
Thanks for sharing.......
  • coorsmikey and Sicshroom like this

#9 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,296 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:28 PM

Mikey, have you ever stored the infused ethanol over a long period of time? If so, did its strength diminish noticeably.

#10 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Myco Newb

• App Administrator
  • 3,730 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:22 PM

Mikey, have you ever stored the infused ethanol over a long period of time? If so, did its strength diminish noticeably.

Ha kind of funny you asked Juthro. Last May I made a 14 gr batch. I forget the occasion, I think SillyRabbit was gonna come visit or something, but anyway I ended up not using it. It sat in a dark compartment in my truck for an entire Scorching Alaskan Summer. I eventually had to do a thorough cleaning to get my truck ready to go through customs and found the stash. I gave it to a buddy before I left and he asked how much he should take. Well with me being the mischievous dickhead that I am, and thinking it degraded quite a bit since it had a green/blue hue to it. I told him to down it all. That was the last I would think about it until Christmas when I get a text from my buddy telling me that I was a dick for telling him to drink that much lol. He ended up drinking half of it and it still blew his socks off.

That is the longest I have ever kept any around, usually I make it on an as need basis, what we don't finish right away mysteriously disappears over the night with nobody staking claim to finishing it off. I do know that the higher the water content the faster it degrades. I do remember a few other times keeping it in my truck during the summer and no noticeable loss in potency. For a month or so maybe. Light and water is the enemy when trying to store for long period. Even with the 90% alcohol the tincure will absorb water from the atmosphere.

Here is a pic of the 14 gr Yukon batch.
IMG_0129.JPG

Edited by coorsmikey, 26 March 2017 - 01:31 PM.

• Juthro, skunk and Aur like this

#11 Opalguy

Opalguy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 116 posts

Donator

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:25 AM

OK........for a first crack at this extract. I grind 7 grams, mix it in how much everclear?

And then, Can I stage the dose.....say i gram equivalent every 15 minutes or so?

This is giving me a smidge of anxiety.....I want to try, the load is a factor for me as well, just want to reign things in a bit and not want to call Mikey a "dick"

Thanks Man!

• CatsAndBats likes this

#12 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Myco Newb

• App Administrator
  • 3,730 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:36 AM

Lol! 7 gram finely chopped should fill a mason jar up less that a half inch up. I would just double the volume for a batch that size. Especially if want to have enough Extract to to take in increments it will make it easier to eyeball 7 shots. Yes you can start off small and work your way up. But if you spread it out to long it will only add to the longevity of the ride rather that the intensity.
  • Opalguy likes this

#13 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• OG VIP
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:04 PM

QUIT IT!!!

Funny how this is EXACTLY what I logged in for, was going to get a refresher on how to extract the "crystals of the gods"!!

hhahahah and you just so happen to post all of this up 5 days ago !!! hahah

THANK YOU :)  saved me some experimenting. :)  :)  :)  things just got real lol

Very simple indeed, def pretty much what I remembered of silly extraction.

Im very pleased to hear about the shelf life, thats what most of my friends are concerned with.

Edited by Il19z8rn4li1, 29 March 2017 - 12:18 PM.

• coorsmikey and CatsAndBats like this

#14 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Myco Newb

• App Administrator
  • 3,730 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:00 PM

QUIT IT!!!

Funny how this is EXACTLY what I logged in for, was going to get a refresher on how to extract the "crystals of the gods"!!
hhahahah and you just so happen to post all of this up 5 days ago !!! hahah

THANK YOU :) saved me some experimenting. :) :) :) things just got real lol

Very simple indeed, def pretty much what I remembered of silly extraction.

Im very pleased to hear about the shelf life, thats what most of my friends are concerned with.

Must be a sign or message from the universe! I love the mysteries and coincidences of life!
  • riseabovethought and Il19z8rn4li1 like this

#15 Opalguy

Opalguy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 116 posts

Donator

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:01 PM

Lol! 7 gram finely chopped should fill a mason jar up less that a half inch up. I would just double the volume for a batch that size. Especially if want to have enough Extract to to take in increments it will make it easier to eyeball 7 shots. Yes you can start off small and work your way up. But if you spread it out to long it will only add to the longevity of the ride rather that the intensity.

Got it. Set my batch, will press later or tomorrow. Looking very forward to trying this. I have never seen Everclear at 151 proof, it is 190 here. NOT drinkable. 1 more day of work, then 3 days off!

• CatsAndBats likes this

#16 Opalguy

Opalguy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 116 posts

Donator

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:00 AM

Made it, the AeroPress made it sparkle! Gotta get up early for an interview tomorrow, else I would be lovin some right now :wub:

• coorsmikey likes this

#17 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,296 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:02 AM

Got it. Set my batch, will press later or tomorrow. Looking very forward to trying this. I have never seen Everclear at 151 proof, it is 190 here. NOT drinkable. 1 more day of work, then 3 days off!

It's up to individual state law as to what the maximum proof allowed for sale is in your area.

#18 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,872 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:44 AM

http://www.lycaeum.o...extraction.html

#19 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,858 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:05 AM

^Nice.  Thanks Pharmer.  That was a nice breakdown.  But with that crystal extraction, I feel like so much is lost.  And you end up with so very little crystals, which last way shorter and are likely gone quick.  Hmm.  It just seems too wasteful, and I really dont mind eating the whole thing.  If I were to do Mikey's extract, I'd still eat the material in a lime juice or grapefruit juice shooter.  I dunno.  That seems like so much trouble for so little product, but to each his own.

#20 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,872 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:00 PM

apparently he's smoking the crystals - whoa!!!!! (best Keanu Reeves imitation)

• snapshot782 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!