• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#201 Boarders

Boarders

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:27 AM

Do you mean keeping an extract (95% Eth) at room temperature is no good? It NEEDS to be in the freezer? Shit, I made an extract years ago that I've barely touched and it's been sitting in the back of a cupboard. I thought someone (you?) had a batch sitting in a truck through Alaskan summers that was fine when tested years later?

#202 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 12,197 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:58 AM

You're probably okay since it was kept in a dark place. Light is one of the things to protect an extract from as well as oxygen, and freezing them usually accomplishes both really well. Being sealed and in the dark is second-best.

They sell dark tinted 1/2 gallon mason jars now sold as blocking 99% of light, or maybe 99% of UV light (I forget). I bought a few and keep my dried stash in one but it would also be ideal for an extract.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#203 swayambhu

swayambhu

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 179 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 10:05 AM

Do you mean keeping an extract (95% Eth) at room temperature is no good? It NEEDS to be in the freezer? Shit, I made an extract years ago that I've barely touched and it's been sitting in the back of a cupboard. I thought someone (you?) had a batch sitting in a truck through Alaskan summers that was fine when tested years later?

There's only one way to find out if it's still good...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!