• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#21 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 820 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

I'm thinking about doing the same thing again, but substituting the alcohol for hot water with a mint teabag in it. 

#22 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,988 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:06 PM

Here is a great way to make a tea. I recommend it strongly.

https://mycotopia.ne...hoopin-tea-tek/
  • skunk and Jeepster like this

#23 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:07 PM

Water actually extracts more efficiently than alcohol. Alcohol preserves better. I simmer tea for 20 to thirty minutes. I also add a teaspoon of honey, makes for a great flavor. Always, any tea you're not using right away needs to be frozen.
  • coorsmikey, Juthro, Jeepster and 3 others like this

#24 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:25 PM

WOW , don't know how I missed this
  • coorsmikey and Juthro like this

#25 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,988 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:29 PM

WOW , don't know how I missed this

[Direct Link]

:) love ya brother :)

Edited by Juthro, 24 October 2017 - 04:29 PM.

• Heirloom likes this

#26 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,870 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

Water actually extracts more efficiently than alcohol. Alcohol preserves better. I simmer tea for 20 to thirty minutes. I also add a teaspoon of honey, makes for a great flavor. Always, any tea you're not using right away needs to be frozen.

Water extracts everything as in whatever alkaloids contribute to the body load and less desirable effects. As JK mentions, the higher water content the faster the alkaloids degrade. You will actually see extracts done with water turn blue sometime in minutes. That is why boiling water is recommended against the common belief that heat destroys the the goodies. Boiling removes oxygen from the water in which case, the oxygen is more damaging than the heat.

Edited by coorsmikey, 24 October 2017 - 09:45 PM.

• phlegmbae, Soliver, Heirloom and 8 others like this

#27 Oam

Oam

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 173 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

I’m wondering if stones would work with this process if they were ground up fine? The experiences you speak of was something I didn’t particularly enjoy , and if I could bypass some of it to see beyond the veil, I’m all about it.
  • phlegmbae, coorsmikey, Heirloom and 3 others like this

#28 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 820 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

Water extracts everything as in whatever alkaloids contribute to the body load and less desirable effects. As JK mentions, the higher water content the faster the alkaloids degrade. You will actually see extracts done with water turn blue sometime in minutes. That is why boiling water is recommended against the common belief that heat destroys the the goodies. Boiling removes oxygen from the water in which case, the oxygen is more damaging than the heat.

This answers an outstanding question I had! Thank you!

• coorsmikey likes this

#29 Jeepster

Jeepster

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:36 PM

Considering the high doses I like to enjoy, not having any noticeable side effects while using this recipe is quite a treat; I'm hooked!
  • coorsmikey and Heirloom like this

#30 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:53 PM

Great thread and great ideas.  It reminds me very much of how I used to make hash when I was growing a bunch of pot back in the day.  I'd take a fifty five gallon sized trash can filled with shake and leaves and put it all in a bucket with rubbing alcohol.  Then like you I'd take an old shirt and strain it.  Then I'd put it in a double boiler and boil of the alcohol.  Made some great hash.

I am always amazed at how many people insist on using everclear just for making hash and hash oil.  You think of all the tons of uses for rubbing alcohol in hospitals and other places with sensitive individuals.  There is zero residue with it.

I did one extra trick though right at the end when there wasn't much alcohol left then I'd put in a shot or so of vodka and let that then boil out whatever miniscule amount of isopropyl was left.  Worked like a charm.

I think I'm gonna try this tonight.

• coorsmikey and Jeepster like this

#31 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:54 PM

I'm curious though did you ever try to eat some of the mush left behind to see if there was any active psiolcybin still left in the fiber?  And do you have any idea what the weight would be?  I'm guessing if you did a pure extract down to the 'tootsie roll' stage it would probably be slightly more than the one percent psilocybin content commenly cited as you have some muck as stuff in there too.  So an ounce of mushrooms would create well fuck whatever the math is on that.  28 grams = ?

Edited by OysterFarmer, 28 November 2017 - 06:57 PM.

• ljacve55 likes this

#32 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,870 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:05 PM

0.28 grams. Just move the decimal over two and skip the math. Which sounds about right. I never tested the leftovers to see if anything worth while was left behind. Next round is on me at your pad and you can eat the mush and let me know :)
  • OysterFarmer, Heirloom , ljacve55 and 1 other like this

#33 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:08 PM

0.28 grams. Just move the decimal over two and skip the math. Which sounds about right. I never tested the leftovers to see if anything worth while was left behind. Next round is on me at your pad and you can eat the mush and let me know :)

HA!  You make math sound so easy.  I'm guessing you aren't as high as I am right now.

• Jeepster likes this

#34 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:12 PM

I just put a couple of grams of dusted Subaeruginosa to soaking in Everclear. I'm going to let them soak until about 6pm, and then down the hatch! I've never tried Subs before, and never extracted in alcohol. So it'll be a whole new experience.

#35 Wagenknecht

Wagenknecht

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:11 AM

I just researched and did this yesterday, I wish I had seen your post first!
I took 7gs, chopped them (not too small), poured 151 proof (I wanted some water since psilocybs are water soluble), and left it for 24 hours. I poured that through a coffee filter and squeezed the alcohol out. I put the shrooms back in a jar and redid the process with fresh ever clear for another 24 hours.
Tonight, I used a double boiler to evaporate from 4oz to roughly 30 ml... We will see the result.
  • coorsmikey likes this

#36 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:14 AM

I just got my everclear 95% today. Here's a pick of sclerotia soaking in rocket fuel 75.5% alcohol and a pic under the blacklight nice green glow. Tommorrow I am thinking of spotting a chromatography paper and see how it seperates and if I can find a spot that glows under the uv. I'll give it a try with ninhydrin spray to fluoresce the alkaloids maybe try testing spots with marquis reagent to test for psilocybin. I read that Hoffman used paper chromatography in the 1950's when he was working on psilocybin and synthesizing it.

I'll take pics if there's anything interesting I'll post it, I'm getting some thin layer chromatography plates so I'll try this extract on them

peace

Attached Thumbnails

• led 004.JPG
  • led 008.JPG

• phlegmbae, coorsmikey, Soliver and 4 others like this

#37 Jeepster

Jeepster

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:16 AM

I just put a couple of grams of dusted Subaeruginosa to soaking in Everclear. I'm going to let them soak until about 6pm, and then down the hatch! I've never tried Subs before, and never extracted in alcohol. So it'll be a whole new experience.

I just researched and did this yesterday, I wish I had seen your post first!
I took 7gs, chopped them (not too small), poured 151 proof (I wanted some water since psilocybs are water soluble), and left it for 24 hours. I poured that through a coffee filter and squeezed the alcohol out. I put the shrooms back in a jar and redid the process with fresh ever clear for another 24 hours.
Tonight, I used a double boiler to evaporate from 4oz to roughly 30 ml... We will see the result.

Happy trails!

#38 Jeepster

Jeepster

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:18 AM

I just got my everclear 95% today. Here's a pick of sclerotia soaking in rocket fuel 75.5% alcohol and a pic under the blacklight nice green glow. Tommorrow I am thinking of spotting a chromatography paper and see how it seperates and if I can find a spot that glows under the uv. I'll give it a try with ninhydrin spray to fluoresce the alkaloids maybe try testing spots with marquis reagent to test for psilocybin. I read that Hoffman used paper chromatography in the 1950's when he was working on psilocybin and synthesizing it.I'll take pics if there's anything interesting I'll post it, I'm getting some thin layer chromatography plates so I'll try this extract on thempeace

Cool!

#39 skunk

skunk

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,590 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:38 AM

Dam thanks for sharing this. Will be using up the last of my mushies in an extract. Will pick up some everclear tomorrow while out and about.

I too suffer from a lot of side effects from eating Shrooms. Would be nice bit to have the heavy body load and the gas.

Thanks for sharing and glad I Found this.

Skunk

ĺ

there is more spirituality in a single psychedelic plant than all the churches of the world
  • coorsmikey and Heirloom like this

#40 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 275 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:31 PM

I just got my everclear 95% today. Here's a pick of sclerotia soaking in rocket fuel 75.5% alcohol and a pic under the blacklight nice green glow. Tommorrow I am thinking of spotting a chromatography paper and see how it seperates and if I can find a spot that glows under the uv. I'll give it a try with ninhydrin spray to fluoresce the alkaloids maybe try testing spots with marquis reagent to test for psilocybin. I read that Hoffman used paper chromatography in the 1950's when he was working on psilocybin and synthesizing it.

I'll take pics if there's anything interesting I'll post it, I'm getting some thin layer chromatography plates so I'll try this extract on them

peace

Too bad there's not a way to post pics of your minds eye! One thing I noticed  from my Subaeruginosa Everclear soaking experience last Friday night. 3-4 hours is nowhere near enough time to really extract much. I'll let them soak for 3-5 days from now on. Maybe longer.

• clumsy likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!