• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:31 PM

I just got my everclear 95% today. Here's a pick of sclerotia soaking in rocket fuel 75.5% alcohol and a pic under the blacklight nice green glow. Tommorrow I am thinking of spotting a chromatography paper and see how it seperates and if I can find a spot that glows under the uv. I'll give it a try with ninhydrin spray to fluoresce the alkaloids maybe try testing spots with marquis reagent to test for psilocybin. I read that Hoffman used paper chromatography in the 1950's when he was working on psilocybin and synthesizing it.

I'll take pics if there's anything interesting I'll post it, I'm getting some thin layer chromatography plates so I'll try this extract on them

peace

Too bad there's not a way to post pics of your minds eye! One thing I noticed  from my Subaeruginosa Everclear soaking experience last Friday night. 3-4 hours is nowhere near enough time to really extract much. I'll let them soak for 3-5 days from now on. Maybe longer.

#42 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Myco Newb

• App Administrator
  • 3,730 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

Were they fresh and whole? Or dried and ground?

#43 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:07 PM

dried, and ground.

#44 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Myco Newb

• App Administrator
  • 3,730 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:08 PM

That’s odd! The ethanol extract doesn’t require much time to do its thing. Longer times are more effective but should have worked well even with a short soak. Have you established a standard effective does with straight mushrooms or have an idea of the potency before extraction? I am wondering if the expectations of potency was higher than what subaeruginosa actually are vs reputation.
  • phlegmbae, skunk and Jeepster like this

#45 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:30 AM

2 grams will make you witness your own death. I'm just thinking they needed to soak longer. It could have something to do with them being wood lovers. Idk.

Edited by phlegmbae, 06 December 2017 - 10:59 AM.

• coorsmikey likes this

#46 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,872 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:02 PM

Light and water is the enemy when trying to store for long period. Even with the 90% alcohol the tincure will absorb water from the atmosphere.

Mikey,

any reason why you couldn't put that 90% tincture in the freezer, freeze the water, and filter the alcohol away from the ice crystals?

Hmmmm?

Do we know of a container with a good enough seal to keep moisture from migrating into the container and into the infused  alcohol?

#47 Wagenknecht

Wagenknecht

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:42 AM

Light and water is the enemy when trying to store for long period. Even with the 90% alcohol the tincure will absorb water from the atmosphere.
Mikey,

any reason why you couldn't put that 90% tincture in the freezer, freeze the water, and filter the alcohol away from the ice crystals?

Hmmmm?

Do we know of a container with a good enough seal to keep moisture from migrating into the container and into the infused  alcohol?

Water will not freeze when mixed with high concentrations of alcohol. You can build the alcohol off but psilocybin/cin can be preserved in alcohol, in the freezer for years. Alcohol thickens and doesn't absorb moisture as easily when in a freezer.

There are lots of containers that will work in a freezer, especially since alcohol doesn't freeze. Those dropper type containers are perfect.

Alternatively, the idea that psilcybin/cin degrades at low temperatures seems to be a myth (though I'm not sure) and all the alcohol/water could be boiled off leaving the brown sludge some call "Tootsie rolls." That can be stored in a freezer and combined with alcohol when ready to dose or. Or just swallow it whole.

I'm relatively new, but have been researching this non stop for a few months. Please, if I'm wrong about something id love to see the studies that show otherwise so I can continue to learn and grow.

#48 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Myco Newb

• App Administrator
  • 3,730 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:34 AM

Your idea about the way alcohol reacts has some merit. I am confused to where you got the information that low temperature degrades the alkaloids. Was it in reference to something I mentioned in this thread? Low temperatures pretty much slows anything down including oxidation and degradation. I'm sorry if I am misinterpreting your wording, but are you saying that the brown sludge is a myth or saying that it can be store by freezing for long periods? Either way I'm not sure that how the brown sludge effects your ability to learn to grow. I would encourage anyone to try the extract and evaporate all the alcohol/water out to see if my description (Tooties Roll) can be worded any better. If that's not an option I would be more than happy to provide documentation to the study of brown sludge time permitting. I have no claim on the long term storage of the stuff really. The brown sludge is not something I'm into really, I just stumbled on to by accident in my experience and not reading about it.

Edited by coorsmikey, 07 December 2017 - 01:36 AM.

• skunk likes this

#49 skunk

skunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 2,306 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

Well I've had some Shrooms soaking in Everclear for the last 4.5 days. These Shrooms are older from back when I had my intro into mycology. So not sure what to expect from these old shoorm. They were cracker dry upon storing. Haven't had a trip for probably 10 (+) months.

I used 4 grams of some old dried growing Shrooms (P.Cubensis Burma) in Everclear. I added a squirt of lemon to this extract.

e028b0ef29006d7836b64cb4163a1875.jpg

I also made a second dose of 5.5G of (P.Cubensis South American) again these are older Shrooms and I added a squirt of lemon to help pull the Alkiloids.

Reason for two doses, I wanna have a fall back plan, so I can adjust the dose if it doesn't come on like I'm hoping.

Just downed 4 grams of Shrooms and I didn't even gag! Will report back

Skunk

there is more spirituality in a single psychedelic plant than all the churches of the world

Edited by skunk, 09 December 2017 - 07:52 PM.

• coorsmikey, Juthro and Radagastthebrown like this

#50 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Myco Newb

• App Administrator
  • 3,730 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:02 PM

Can you still type? Lol
No reply right away is a good answer. Yay it works :)

Edited by coorsmikey, 09 December 2017 - 08:41 PM.

• Juthro and skunk like this

#51 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,296 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:52 PM

Happy trails, brother Skunk :)
  • skunk and Radagastthebrown like this

#52 skunk

skunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 2,306 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:40 PM

Can you still type? Lol
No reply right away is a good answer. Yay it works :)

Damn Mikey one solid Tek.    I will never travel any other way.  Really quick come up..  no body load whatsoever.   

Im just settling down right now and really dig the clean trip with the clean come up and easy down.  

Happy trails, brother Skunk :)

lovely trails, super clean tek!   

I highly recomend this tek, to anyone wishing for a nice clean way to travel.  

• coorsmikey, Juthro and Radagastthebrown like this

#53 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,551 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:58 PM

I got my bunk police tlc separation kit and tried some alcohol extract on a silica gel plate. I was slow to get my camera so this picture isn't exciting as what I saw, then it slowly faded. I heard about that but thought I'd have more time. also I wasn't carefull circling the spots holding a uv c lamp camera trying to circle. yea I was buzzed when I did it on the spur on the minute thing.. The top stop is psilocybin that separated on the tlc plate.

Soon I'll do several extracts on one plate and get a good picture. I was thinking of doing one spot/lane with stones one with Mexicana "tampanensis fruit and one with psilocybe cubensis maybe I will do psilocybe cyanescens instead of the stones. Be interesting to compare them using like 1 gram of dried shroom to 10 ml pure alcohol or something loke that. I'll see exactly how others are using tlc for shrooms and follow their tried and true tek. Just checked my notes and testing plant materials requires 100mg per 2 ml of hot water or alcohol. This is used to test for % of desired compounds like the mushrooms were 2% psilocybin by weight or much less or what ever.

I'll try it with a paper chromatography using ninhydrin to visualize, I got all the stuff just need to get motivated to do it. You guys are like I'd have already done these tests. Albert Hofmann used paper C to purify his potions in the 1950's so I can just copy his method.

I might try some fresh to see if I can get 2 spots one psilocin , one psilocybin and perhaps other alkaloids I got my bunk police tlc separation kit and tried some alcohol extract on a silica gel plate. I was slow to get my camera so this picture isn't exciting as what I saw, then it slowly faded. I heard about that but thought I'd have more time. also I wasn't carefull circling the spots holding a uv c lamp camera trying to circle. yea I was buzzed when I did it on the spur on the minute thing.. The top stop is psilocybin that separated on the tlc plate.

Soon I'll do several extracts on one plate and get a good picture. I was thinking of doing one spot/lane with stones one with Mexicana "tampanensis fruit and one with psilocybe cubensis maybe I will do psilocybe cyanescens instead of the stones. Be interesting to compare them using like 1 gram of dried shroom to 10 ml pure alcohol or something loke that. I'll see exactly how others are using tlc for shrooms and follow their tried and true tek.

I might try some fresh to see if I can get 2 spots one psilocin , one psilocybin and perhaps other alkaloids with spots based on molecular weight. Possible to test for other mushroom alkaloids.

If I ever get a relatively pure crystal psilocybin I could use that as a reference to screen for potency. Might be possible for a guy to sit down and test 30 or more petri dish isolate cultures relatively fast selecting the best 10% for fruiting and selection. I don't know I am kinda high dreaming about testing all kinds of things cactus and other psychoactive plants/mushrooms ...ect.

peace and goodnite

edit I hope this makes some sense I must be higher than I thought

Attached Thumbnails

• tlc1 002.JPG

Edited by Heirloom , 11 December 2017 - 12:03 AM.

• coorsmikey, Soliver, Jeepster and 1 other like this

#54 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 1,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:02 PM

Heirloom, I have no idea what the fuck you're doing with those plates, but I can't wait until someone smarter than me explains it. :)

I can say with absolute certainty that an extract is as good ten years later as it was they day it was put in the freezer,

which may explain my off and on again participation here at the 'topia 

I can't explain the chemistry behind it, but if you get 190 proof everclear and let your shroom soak in it for a few weeks or more, you'll end up with a product that you can easily evaporate to whatever standard dose you want.

But don't try and quicken that evaporation by putting it in a double-boiler, else you'll end up splattering several ounces of magic all over your kitchen, and there's no way to get that back (trust me) or you may just ignite your house in a psilly fireball ... fans only!

You kids are making me wish it was Friday.  Shit.

:)

soliver

• phlegmbae and Heirloom like this

#55 Jeepster

Jeepster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 324 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:13 PM

Heirloom, I have no idea what the fuck you're doing with those plates, but I can't wait until someone smarter than me explains it. :)

I can say with absolute certainty that an extract is as good ten years later as it was they day it was put in the freezer,
which may explain my off and on again participation here at the 'topia 

I can't explain the chemistry behind it, but if you get 190 proof everclear and let your shroom soak in it for a few weeks or more, you'll end up with a product that you can easily evaporate to whatever standard dose you want.

But don't try and quicken that evaporation by putting it in a double-boiler, else you'll end up splattering several ounces of magic all over your kitchen, and there's no way to get that back (trust me) or you may just ignite your house in a psilly fireball ... fans only!

You kids are making me wish it was Friday.  Shit.

Well said, ran out of 'likes' again, but I just had to let you know how much I liked your post.

:)

soliver

• MushPuppy likes this

#56 Naviid

Naviid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:13 AM

Hi I am new, and I have a question.

Do you just drink the extract or?
And how much of it, if you do drink it^.^

#57 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,551 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:29 AM

The test kit is something most will never need but a guy wanting to breed mushrooms would find it very useful, we all know that small gains add up fast over time, like saving change from a dollar. a guy can do 30 test cost about $25. I did that for fun but was going to use in in plant breeding.

Thanks for this I now know how to concentrate and store for the future, I'll hide it under the stump by the creek.

here a short vid

[Direct Link]

• coorsmikey likes this

#58 tuftygrasses

tuftygrasses

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:50 AM

Does only taking the extract reduce woodlover paralysis?

#59 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Myco Newb

• App Administrator
  • 3,730 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:53 AM

Hi I am new, and I have a question.
Do you just drink the extract or?
And how much of it, if you do drink it^.^

You have to do the math when making your extract. You have to keep track of how much is going into it and divide the final product for the desired dose. For example 28gr of mushrooms in 100 ml of alcohol, then if you drink 25 ml you are taking approx 7gr of mushrooms.12 ml is approx 3.5 gr of mushrooms. Common sense and good judgment must be used for people that have troubles with strong doses. If you’re not sure then don’t put any more mushrooms in the extract than you would normally take.

Does only taking the extract reduce woodlover paralysis?

Yes it does “Reduce” the paralysis. But sometimes the potency of Woodlovers will still have you couch locked and may feel like you’re paralyzed while you grip the armrests holding like your on a roller coaster ride.
  • Soliver, Juthro, Heirloom and 2 others like this

#60 Radagastthebrown

Radagastthebrown

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:05 PM

I will be following your tek this weekend for my girlfriend and I.
Look forward to not yawning constantly or feeling so heavy.
  • skunk likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!