#61 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,923 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:31 AM

Hey Mikey, can you recommend an easy method for distilling the "weak" everclear?  In a lot of states you can't get the good stuff.  Do you think it makes enough of a difference to be worth it?

#62 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 4,290 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:15 AM

The 75% that some states have also works well but what I noticed from the lower percentage extractions is the end product is not so clean. I believe the alkaloids that gives us the yawns and tears in the eyes ect is more soluable in water than alcohol.
I don’t believe most people could notice the difference, but to a conesuer of sorts, one can see the difference.
I don’t think there is and “easy” distillation process that can be just added, you either get it or you don’t. The people that have learned the skill and have the tools will say distillations are easy, the ones that don’t know how already there is more to it than just something simple. It would require a thread of its own topic. There are so many safety precautions that would have to be discussed with the topic.

Edited by coorsmikey, 06 February 2018 - 02:24 AM.

• Sidestreet, Soliver and Juthro like this

#63 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:10 AM

Hey Mikey, can you recommend an easy method for distilling the "weak" everclear?  In a lot of states you can't get the good stuff.  Do you think it makes enough of a difference to be worth it?

FYI. You can purchase the 190 proof through mail order if your state doesn't allow sales.

• Sidestreet likes this

#64 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,865 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

FYI. You can purchase the 190 proof through mail order if your state doesn't allow sales.

Really? I did not know that. Who do you purchase through?
  • Sidestreet and CatsAndBats like this

#65 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 507 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:25 PM

I'm making an ever clear extract and I'm not in a rush. How long of soaking until I start getting diminishing returns? And is there any benefit in resoaking the powder (changing out the alcohol) to try to get extra magic out?

#66 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

This fucking guy.

• OG VIP
  • 10,737 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:06 AM

Man ain't no reason your rural ass can't just distill some. I mean do y'all even have LEO up there?!

Edited by CatsAndBats, 29 January 2018 - 01:07 AM.

• MicroMycoMan likes this

#67 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,865 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:29 AM

Man ain't no reason your rural ass can't just distill some. I mean do y'all even have LEO up there?!

[Direct Link]

#68 tuftygrasses

tuftygrasses

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:42 AM

The high % alcohol seems to be expensive and hard to find here so im using water.

Water boiled for 10 mins with a camomile t bag and a pinch of bicarbonate of soda. Shrooms are soaked for 20 mins. Water goes brown not blue.
I dont eat the goop. Squeeze of lemon just before drinking.

Im chopping the shrooms but 3.4g of cubes was a pretty easy ride for me. Maybe becuase i have some most weeks. Or maybe becuase i am loosing some psylocibin when i throw away the goop. I think i need to fine grind the tissue. Would a coffee bean grinder grind shrooms? Would it grind dried stones?
  • coorsmikey likes this

#69 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,865 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:00 AM

Yes, a coffee grinder works well for dried shrooms. I think it would work for stones, but haven't tried myself.

I don't do the goop. This is what I like to do. I think if you try this way, you'll like it too.

https://mycotopia.ne...hoopin-tea-tek/

But you cant store it if you go this route, its a make it and then use it kind of thing.

I made the mistake once of not doing the tea I made that night, during that night. The next day the cup had turned a light blue color and IMHO had much diminished results compared to what I expected. I think that alcohol helps resist oxidization, and makes the concentration have a longer shelf life.
  • coorsmikey, tuftygrasses and PinkMenace like this

#70 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 2,050 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:44 PM

The high % alcohol seems to be expensive and hard to find here so im using water.

Water boiled for 10 mins with a camomile t bag and a pinch of bicarbonate of soda. Shrooms are soaked for 20 mins. Water goes brown not blue.

Im chopping the shrooms but 3.4g of cubes was a pretty easy ride for me. Maybe becuase i have some most weeks. Or maybe becuase i am loosing some psylocibin when i throw away the goop. I think i need to fine grind the tissue. Would a coffee bean grinder grind shrooms? Would it grind dried stones?

You're just making tea.

That extracts EVERYTHING ... as CM mentioned earlier, the water is what pull out the stuff we don't want. 

Trust me - the high proof booze and the wait is worth it.

:)

soliver

• Sidestreet, CatsAndBats, SynergyBrewer and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!