165 replies to this topic

#161 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,026 posts

Donator

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:23 PM

By my calculations, you're looking down the barrel of a 54 gram equivalent, assuming your initial 200 grams extracted more or less into the first batch?

Egads.  How much of that you gonna ingest? 

I've always been curious about ingesting soaked mush, as an experiment, to see what's left in there, but never have ... my purpose for the extraction is to avoid that unpleasantness, so I've never sucked it up for science.  Let us know how that works out for ya!

:)

soliver

no ,maybe you misunderstood, I'm not eating the leftover mush, I just want the extraction...and i only filtered off 100ml off of the 200 grams(that were sitting on 500ml) in the 100ml  I dopped in 14 more grams of golden teacher...my gf and I plan to filter that off on the 4th, and drink the extaction                                                  I got on a little binge there for awhile where i was kind of abusing the mushrooms(eating 5 to 7 grams about every 3 days)and the unpleasantness was ovewhelming me ,to the point that i was spendng my trip in fear and I didnt even know what i was afraid of...I was ready to quit altogether,and ive been taking them for 20 years                 By soaking them it keeps me from grabbing a handful every other day and throwing it in tea....Ive been taking a break , but on the 4th were gonna see what happens ...the rest of the 400 ml Im gonna let sit for a couple months

I think what he's saying is he always wanted to eat the leftover mush to see what was left behind if anything. But that would be disgusting and if the extraction went well sort of pointless.

If your 200 gram extraction went right, you have some mighty potent one way ticket to midnight going on over there. Be careful.....

• Opendoors likes this

#162 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 03:42 PM

Ok went camping , brought the 14g soaking in 100ml
It had been soaking for a week, I filtered it off through a shirt then squeezed a couple limes on the mush left ,let it sit for 20 mins or so then filtered it off I added juice to it to give my gf and I an even 200 ml to split ...we each did a 100ml shot
I was pretty drunk when I did it so drinking the everclear really got me hammered
I waited for 5 or 10 mins and didnt feel anything, so I walked in the woods to piss, and on my way back to camp it hit me all at once , it was a good clean trip , but when it first hit me it gave me that little tinge of anxiety that I always get when it first hits , it also made me nauseous for a min but that could of been the alcohol
I laid on the trampoline for awhile and tried to watch the stars but I couldn't focus my vision
I felt really good and happy , even giggly ....but I didnt get any visuals or the depth in my thoughts, I was a little disappointed in that part ... but I've also been ingesting shrooms 2 or 3 times a week for months now , so I figure I need to take a break to really get the full experience....I still have the 200grams steeping in 400ml of ethanol in the freezer and I plan to let that sit a couple months

All In all it was a fun trip , just not as intense as expected .... but no body load, no shits , no yawns , and the music was euphoric as always ... I was around about 15 other people and no one knew I was on mushrooms , except my gf....my favorite part was as soon as the trip was over, I went straight to sleep (the no sleeping is normally my biggest struggle)and I woke up today without a mushroom hangover
I only filtered it once , but I dont think I really want it any cleaner than it was

Attached Thumbnails

• tmp-cam-7061363518419519317.jpg

• coorsmikey and mad420pumpkinz like this

#163 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:20 PM

Mikey said "I feel that its important that people know that there is always gonna be some Psilly left behind. Its just how much is such a variable that depends so much on much much, there is to begin with, also the skill and efficiency of the extraction."  I soaked 20 g dried cubes in 200 ml 190 Everclear for months, then evaporated the alcohol to scrape up the residue. I ingested enough of the black goo to correspond to 5 g shrooms, which as .22 g. I barely felt it.

What might be useful here is a suggested dose of the dried extract. Next time I am definitely tripling the dose.

• coorsmikey and Opendoors like this

#164 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:57 PM

Mikey said "I feel that its important that people know that there is always gonna be some Psilly left behind. Its just how much is such a variable that depends so much on much much, there is to begin with, also the skill and efficiency of the extraction." I soaked 20 g dried cubes in 200 ml 190 Everclear for months, then evaporated the alcohol to scrape up the residue. I ingested enough of the black goo to correspond to 5 g shrooms, which as .22 g. I barely felt it.

What might be useful here is a suggested dose of the dried extract. Next time I am definitely tripling the dose.

Do u think u lose alot when u evap as opposed to drinking the ethanol?
I just put 30 more grams on 200ml I figure that's roughly( very roughly) .8 gram per 10 ml, so a 50 ml( or about a shot glass) should be a decent dose...4 doses out of 200ml....I wonder if I'd still get that much if I evaped
Edit:Scratch that my maths off

Edited by Opendoors, 09 July 2019 - 05:00 PM.

• coorsmikey likes this

#165 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,116 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:02 PM

Ya lose a lot if you evap for a long time. Probably oxidation, you have to scrape the goo while its pretty fresh cuz it looses its magic fast. It should be dark brown like a tootsie roll rather than black. What color would you expect if you mix dark brown with indigo?

#166 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:09 PM

Ya lose a lot if you evap for a long time. Probably oxidation, you have to scrape the goo while its pretty fresh cuz it looses its magic fast. It should be dark brown like a tootsie roll rather than black. What color would you expect if you mix dark brown with indigo?

Makes sense , I must be greedy cuz I cant bring myself to vape it down
Thanks for this tek btw mikey.... Though it might be just a smidge too clean for me I can't explain to you how grateful i was to be able to sleep after my journey , that's always been my biggest struggle
  • coorsmikey likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!