• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TheMorningstar

TheMorningstar

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

While in an unnamed country where shrooms are legal, I decided to indulge. This was over a month ago, and I did a work out yesterday and I was like "what the hell smells like shrooms? Oh shit thats me wtf"

My sweat smelled like cubes. Anyone else have this issue? I know weed has a similar thing. I dont really smoke though so I dont have that issue. Is there a way around it? It was so long ago I dont know how I could still have it in my system.

• archersmark likes this

#2 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• Free Member
  • 3,446 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:11 PM

So you're saying your sweat smelled like dirty feet?

#3 TheMorningstar

TheMorningstar

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

So you're saying your sweat smelled like dirty feet?

I cant say I know what dirty feet smells like. My feet are usually clean and bare, so they dont even get really sweaty.

I cant really describe what mushrooms smell like. Theyre the only thing ive ever smelled that smell like this. This is the only time ive noticed it too. I wonder if psilocybin takes awhile to get out of your system and does so via sweat?

#4 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 1,817 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:05 AM

Toad licking is so yesterday, now there is shroomer licking...

• Juthro and tailsmcsnails like this

#5 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:25 AM

Hey y'all funny comments are great but let's try and help answer the question too!

Morningstar
I know the sweet mycelium/mushroom smell you describe and I think others who have cultivated or hunted know this small well
Most sources say psilocin can stay active in saliva and urine for up to 5 days and hair up to 3 months.
It does not get stored in fat.

If it were a week after you injested them I'd say may have been the shrooms.
But a month seems a little long. I'd say it was a combo of what you recently ate/drank and the normal odor the body puts off.

#6 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,155 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:43 PM

Made me look. LOL

I can't say that I've ever heard of any cases of body odor resembling fresh mushroom/ mushroom mycelium. 

Cubensis seems to have a cloying perfume which is similar to spanish broom (spartium junceum). Not offensive like regular b.o. 

Sweat does change scent if the chemical profile is changed. Alcohol, cocaine, methamphetamines ........ all have a "distinktive" and different effect on one's personal aroma. 

Psilocin and psilocybin are delicate molecules readily dispatched  by the liver and excreted through the urine. I would be surprised if it was because of the mushrooms.

This does remind me of a particular girlfriend I had once. Very classy, very clean lady. Her personal region had the scent of dried cubensis specimens. ??? Bacteria? Change in body chemistry through diet or other intake?

Just throwing it out there. 

• Juthro likes this

#7 TheMorningstar

TheMorningstar

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

Ive only noticed it once after working out. Its a really strange thing.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!