28 replies to this topic

#21 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,034 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:23 PM

Well, the US lifespan has been officially declining for 3 years in a row, which has never happened, and unheard of EVER.  It was always our best factor for rating and measuring a nations' advances versus that of other industrial nations.  This  3 year in a row drop, was due to recent spikes in both OD deaths combined with suicide death spikes, and the two often overlap and are the same.  I believe that this issue will only correct itself once Big Pharma is recognized as the Ponzi Scheme it is.  Firstly, the biggest chances of finding breakthrough cures are solely in the hands of profiteers in full knowledge of the fact that they would rather manage disease forever than cure anything. 

For example, Big Pharma just openly gave up on finding a cure for Dimentia, because there's just not enough money in it.  They have done spectacularly terrible at managing cancer while more people live of ff the people who have the disease, than are dying from the disease itself..  Its more like a kind of self canabolism, much like profiting off the weak in other areas, where one predatory company has the clear advantage over a competitor, like when Amazon waits for a novel idea to take off, then manufacture a cheaper version and selling it on their platform for better margins than the original inventor who is forced out of his own idea. 

Anti- trust laws went too far the other way just in time for Facebook, Amazon, Google, Apple, and Microsoft to take full advantage of their advantages, and also benefit from spin offs from earlier advantages already capitalized on, thereby pushing up the future stocks, which are set to burst next.  Its a complex global corporate Ponzi Scheme of the highest order, and I cant wait for the Corbett Report on this, or the American Greed episode of all episodes about the world economy rushing into a few bank accounts where it is hoarded forever while .  When are we going to stick up for ourselves as the victims in all this madness?

Did you know China manufactures ALL of the medicine we Americans are consuming?  Did you know that if we ever went to real war with China, that our soldiers wouldnt have access to antibiotics?  It would take America (even with all our power and money) approximately 2 years to develop our own antibiotic plant, and that should really terrify us.  If China teams up with Russia and Iran, while we attempt to steal Venezuela's oil, we just might have found the fight Trump's been looking for. 

Reminds me of the old days when opium dens destroyed our soldiers from within, at their own behest, much like many of these OD (suicide) deaths.  You can never invite the devil into your house.  Afganistan is producing a thousand times the poppies it used to produce, at a time when they can synthesize it in the lab a thousand times cheaper than the real deal, and who cares the synthetic version is a thousand times more deadly.  Its about profits, and as long as that rules our lives, and the lives of our owners, then the pursuit of money- those flimsy painted paper trust -notes will bring down this whole house of cards (because it was built on trust, assholes). 

Some people say the economic stress caused by the 1% at the top (by abusing and squandering the trust we once entrusted to them) by unfairly and disrespectfully reaping ALL of the rewards (minus the crumbs trickling down off their fat jowels) off the backs of the poorest 99%...steadily for the last 30 years.. has led us to this intolerable collective pain, that we can only temporarily alleviate.  What if the margins taken from us for the past 30 years- what if those crumbs might have made it more tolerable?   

Our medicine has become our poison, our water and air contaminated by weed killer and factory -farming waste -run -off, and our food instead of being our medicine, has become harmful by its ability to last on the shelf, by its very inedible qualities that put it on the shelf.  Monasanto can sue any farmer who's land gets blown on by the wind, and meanwhile flat out cause widespread cancer worldwide, and no one can stop them.   Our owners have hit the self- destruct button.  They've shat in their bed and eaten their young.  The system wasnt repaired in time.  Roll credits...   

Edited by riseabovethought, 06 March 2019 - 01:09 PM.

• mushit likes this

#22 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 210 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 01:50 PM

There is no opioid crisis this is Air America II with all the poppies in Afghanistan, Fentynal and cheap and fast to make copious amounts. They are taking the meds away from a lot of people who really need it and making them feel like 2nd class citizens because their bodies are messes up, Once again the political loonies want to make sure you live by their rules and not common sense. This is the same crazy where we allow 60 million abortions... then import 60 illegals to fill the jobs... FFS!

Edited by WolfWhiz, 05 March 2019 - 01:52 PM.

• Oneyedraven and deemesis like this

#23 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,698 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:19 AM

Hate to burst your bubbles of nihlism, but while yes, there are significant problems to solve, significant progress has also been made. I give you Stephen Pinker

[Direct Link]

• roc and Cuboid like this

#24 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,941 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:22 PM

Yeah? Well, I give you Jesse Pinkman!

tumblr_nadl2vgPh61qglx18o1_250.gif

This TED guy seems to have bought the company and MSM line of Venezuela.   I will post on that in News From Stand-Up Comedians.

• SteampunkScientist and WolfWhiz like this

#25 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,101 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:50 PM

Oh yea... I just give you pink...

https://media.giphy....kgdu8/giphy.gif

Edited by PJammer24, 06 March 2019 - 12:53 PM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#26 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 504 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:09 PM

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/em...K24aGJELwkgdu8"width="480" height="262" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/pink-pnk-there-you-go-3owvK24aGJELwkgdu8">via GIPHY</a></p>

well i biffed it

Edited by bezevo, 06 March 2019 - 02:17 PM.

#27 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,698 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:51 PM

Hey Alder, I don't know what Stephen Pinker's thoughts on Venezuela are - And believe me, I have watched all of Jimmy's stuff recently on the issue, and saw the pictures of full grocery stores, and know all about how the US is trying to screw that country over, as I said, there are significant problems in this world. No question about that, but it's not "ALL" bad.

#28 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,941 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:18 PM

Hey Alder, I don't know what Stephen Pinker's thoughts on Venezuela are...

At minute six he says, "Democracy has suffered obvious setbacks in Venezuela, Russia, and in Turkey..."  Are these setbacks the same as the government and western industry see when someone is elected of whom these do not approve?  As for many of his cited indicators of progress and improvement, Venezuela, under the Chavistas, has been the recent pinnacle.  

Edited by Alder Logs, 06 March 2019 - 08:34 PM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#29 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,698 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 08:31 PM

That's not the same as saying he thinks our government should go in there and take over.

I did forget he said that though, so my apologies for that.
  • Alder Logs likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!