• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Psilmex

Psilmex

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

Hey all, I am going to do a liquid culture run this weekend just wanted to know what everyones favorite recipe is. Might change up my formula a bit. this is what i usually do:
slice potatoes and boil them in water for about 30 - 45 min
drain potatoes and save water
add karo syrup (1 tblsp)
pressure cook 30 min
noc em up nice and deep like

but what about you all? Are you a malt extract kinda gal or guy or do you go straight honey? Really just trying to see what results come out of lots of different teks if I get enough response. i got some home made (except the bees really made it) honey and its cheap enough to go snag for the cheap store brand to compare to see if there REALLY is any difference. Let me know, lets make history with a new LC
Peace, Love and String Cheese
  • shoomer and tailsmcsnails like this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,959 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:56 PM

I usually use whatever I have on hand to make many things mushroom related. But for LC's the recipe you mention is my favorite. I always get fast aggressive growth with it, the only downside is the particulates that the potato water leaves.
  • Psilmex likes this

#3 Psilmex

Psilmex

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:27 PM

I usually use whatever I have on hand to make many things mushroom related. But for LC's the recipe you mention is my favorite. I always get fast aggressive growth with it, the only downside is the particulates that the potato water leaves.

Well what do you think about possibly running it through maybe a coffee filter, I haven't tried this yet but you def sparked this idea out? Obviously ill be missing out on some of the nutrients, maybe i will try this out, thank you for sparking my brain up lol

#4 shoomer

shoomer

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:14 PM

ME guy here for LC and going to try MEA tonight (1st agar)

​I've done Karo and it's been great, but my last run I did 4/96 by volume instead of weight because I got lazy and as a result burned quite a few cc's of MS.

​It's hard to screw up a dry weight w/ that formula and I have some ME that absorbed moisture to the point of becoming taffy so it's not good for anything else, but still measures almost true and grows myc.

​I'll probably get more adventurous after a while, especially when I finally get a good LC of an edible!

• Psilmex likes this

#5 Psilmex

Psilmex

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:37 PM

do you have a post on mea for tonight would love to see how that goes, sounds like you live in quite a humid area, I used to and i know the struggle but thats good to know, i live in beer city, not this year but has been multiple times, so I might need to go check out a nice little brewing shop soon and get me some me

#6 shoomer

shoomer

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

It's bubblin' away on the stove as I type after the LC brew.

I'm thinking of making it a long evening and PC'ing everything since it'll never get more fresh and I'd like to be ready to pour plates tomorrow and test a few MS syringes. Going to use the long necked liquor bottle like RR suggests in his video so I can warm it to pour temp in the microwave for the pour.

The ME got whacked this past summer. Good you have brew shops local as it's much cheaper for much more when you get it that way. :wink:

I may start a thread when everything is done and I know I got the cook right.

• Psilmex likes this

#7 Needles

Needles

locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 818 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:22 AM

For broths or LC good ol barley malt has worked out best for me. 20 grams malt to 400ml water. Maybe a pitch of gypsum too.
  • sandman and Psilmex like this

#8 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

unnaturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,505 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:28 AM

image-17.jpg

Got milk?

https://mycotopia.ne...vice/?p=1293120

https://mycotopia.ne...ing-super-inoc/

https://mycotopia.ne...lking-a-pf-jar/

• Needles, Microbe and Psilmex like this

#9 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,226 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

No self portraits allowed CAT!

• CatsAndBats, tailsmcsnails and Psilmex like this

#10 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,073 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:35 AM

Meow...........

• Psilmex likes this

#11 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,226 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:14 PM

I swear by this for liquid culture: And it is especially great for fruiting cortyceps!!!!

cortryceps card.jpg

M

Protein-Rich Cockroach Milk, Yours FREE Today With Any Purchase! - SHOP NOW
View on your browser. LuckyLogo_PrimaryEmail.jpg Refer A Friend: Get $10! QuickReorder_EmailHeader2.gif FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $49* DEPARTMENT BRANDS NEW PRODUCTS REWARDS DEALS AprilFools_Email.gif Made With ♥ by LuckyVitamin:
LuckyBug Cockroach Milk with Derek
Don’t let the ingredients bug you—LuckyVitamin’s new Cockroach Milk is THE next level of nutrition. Insect-sourced nutrients are a huge trend in the health food world. Our Cockroach milk is more protein-dense than any other milk products on the market today and provides a ton of sustainable energy. Try the future of protein for yourself and enjoy a FREE bottle of LuckyBug Cockroach Milk today! Learn With Derek >

Edited by Seeker2be, 01 April 2017 - 01:26 PM.

• Psilmex likes this

#12 Psilmex

Psilmex

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:51 PM

image-17.jpg

Got milk?

https://mycotopia.ne...vice/?p=1293120

https://mycotopia.ne...ing-super-inoc/

https://mycotopia.ne...lking-a-pf-jar/

You have changed my life for the better my god, i have fifty of the little pf jars collecting dust currently, this is awesome, especially for hard growing species, i have a couple tamp and atl sitting around that i never wanted to put on verm but shit I could noc up the world with this wealth of knowledge, I know what im trying next. Thank you very much.
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#13 Psilmex

Psilmex

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:55 PM

I swear by this for liquid culture: And it is especially great for fruiting cortyceps!!!!
attachicon.gifcortryceps card.jpg
M
Protein-Rich Cockroach Milk, Yours FREE Today With Any Purchase! - SHOP NOWView on your browser. LuckyLogo_PrimaryEmail.jpg Refer A Friend: Get $10! QuickReorder_EmailHeader2.gif FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $49* DEPARTMENT BRANDS NEW PRODUCTS REWARDS DEALS AprilFools_Email.gif Made With ♥ by LuckyVitamin:
LuckyBug Cockroach Milk with Derek
Don’t let the ingredients bug you—LuckyVitamin’s new Cockroach Milk is THE next level of nutrition. Insect-sourced nutrients are a huge trend in the health food world. Our Cockroach milk is more protein-dense than any other milk products on the market today and provides a ton of sustainable energy. Try the future of protein for yourself and enjoy a FREE bottle of LuckyBug Cockroach Milk today! Learn With Derek >

This looks awesome too, theres a local mushie shop offering a clone of a cordycep militaris the size of my pinky, I have been waiting around to build a laminar flow hood for precaution but this is making me so excited i might have to use the recycling still air bag idea from one of catattacks links wow I am glad to be apart of this community, thank you for spreading the knowledge.

#14 Psilmex

Psilmex

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:02 PM

So instead of going for a whole bunch of different lcs i ended up doing a few,
Local Honey and Potato Broth x 1
Local Honey and Tap Water x 1
Karo and Potato Broth x 1
Karo and Tap Water x 4

Thought I had more potatoes but didn't.
Updates to come
Figured id give it a choice let me know what you all think I should noc these up with, Im gonna keep it simple and only do one syringe that way its somewhat predictable and should have similar growth aswell. The list is as follows, which ones:

King Oyster
Pearl Oyster
PF Classic
Albino PE
Chitwan
Huatla

Peace, Love and Sting Cheese

#15 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,226 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:18 PM

Why not use potato flakes and spare all the boiling?

• CatsAndBats and Psilmex like this

#16 Psilmex

Psilmex

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:25 PM

Why not use potato flakes and spare all the boiling?

Potatoes are all I had available, but I will def try this next time, because i could have been completely done in a lot shorter time.

#17 ThcLsd

ThcLsd

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

Hi everyone im new in this site and learning for my next project, already have serynge with micelio and planning LC read about it and im confuse about what's better use , honey or brew extract? And what's the best recepie , thanks for your help

#18 sandman

sandman

Essence of Gypsum

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,912 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:24 PM

50/50 Light Malt Extract/Dextrose at a 2-3% rate with hot distilled or RO water, double coffee filtered, PC 30 minutes @15psi. Most important is having a magnetic stir bar and stirrer, 4-5 days from agar wedge every time with twice a day stirs.

• ThcLsd likes this

#19 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

unnaturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,505 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:28 PM

50/50 Light Malt Extract/Dextrose at a 2-3% rate with hot distilled or RO water, double coffee filtered, PC 30 minutes @15psi. Most important is having a magnetic stir bar and stirrer, 4-5 days from agar wedge every time with twice a day stirs.

Super easy to diy a powered stirrer too. Like ~15min for a crude one.

• sandman and jkdeth like this

#20 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,414 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:29 AM

I use both karo and honey, and water all in the same solution.....at what measurements, IDK, as it's been a few years since I've made any....

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!