• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 291 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:54 AM

My RB BRFs are colonising but not too quickly (but I've got so many GT coming along that wont be much of a problem).

I have decided to do a few runs of agar for practice. I have (be still my beating heart) some cyans that I put on agar and it has germinated (yippee) so I am going to be doing a crash course on wood lovers. Has anyone else done agar transfers of cyans? I have some others germinated on agar, Lipa Yai, B+, and Penis Envy.

The nights here have been cold but I've got a heating pad in the FC.

• Arathu and tailsmcsnails like this

#102 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 291 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:00 AM

Has anyone tried MDFB instead and/or as well as ordinary wood chips for wood lovers? (doubtful they would treat it with any fungicides or anything, that would require spending money.).

#103 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 3,012 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:35 AM

Has anyone tried MDFB instead and/or as well as ordinary wood chips for wood lovers? (doubtful they would treat it with any fungicides or anything, that would require spending money.).

I have used MDF to line the bottoms of some bed and the mycelium had no problem colonizing completely through the other side of the board.
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#104 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 291 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:45 AM

Has anyone had any success growing Psilocybe subaeruginosa? Since I've got some cyans going, my mind's wandering lol. I'm thinking of getting a print to play with.

#105 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 624 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:27 AM

mdf uses very nasty resins to bond it all together, mdf dust is a health risk. I would not eat mushrooms which grew on mdf just in case the mushroom has not broken down the toxins present in the material. lots of cheap safe/organic materials to use as your substrate. mjroom.

#106 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,809 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:10 AM

I don't birth cakes until it has several pins at least.

#107 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:53 PM

Moving House. The light at the bottom is as a kind of genteel heater.
Its one end of my wardrobe. Now I can slide the door shut in case I have 'visitors'... although I only wish i had visitors in my bedroom...
At front in the 250ml plastic rectangular things, red boys currently colonising slow-ish... Is there a connection between colonising speed and fruiting size? I think I read it somewhere.
Also, I've found some of the cheapest plastic stuff makes it through repeated 90 min 15psi cycles while (most) of the expensive stuff ends up a chunky lump on the bottom. (You do need to keep them off the bottom somehow, but then you have to do that with glass too)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0663.JPG

Edited by scott_1971_h, 12 June 2017 - 12:00 AM.

• Gnomesayin, mjroom and tailsmcsnails like this

#108 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:20 AM

Has anyone else noticed that AA+ is one super dooper coloniser? I have one cake that went from innoc. to completely colonised in 7 days. Holy shit. Lovely silky rhisomorphic mycellium, quite tight and firm. Hope its equally good at fruiting.

#109 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:42 AM

I've had to turf a few glasses due to the Green Monster.

I am another person hoping to get some outdoor cubes, I'm starting to throw out enough. But if I get some voluntary mushies coming up between poppies (gigantheums where I'm turfing fungi) I dont see that as a bad thing...

Edited by scott_1971_h, 21 June 2017 - 02:13 AM.

• Gnomesayin likes this

#110 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:57 AM

It looks like I am going to get into wood lovers earlier than I was expecting. My Cyanescens looks like a healthy specimen, and today I notices that my Ovoids have germinated as well. I have them as LCs. My subs have not arrived yet so I might use the cyans as a 'practice run'.

So... How do you get started with wood lovers? I have been collecting cardboard for a few months in preparation (but i was expecting to have until ~September) is there a TEK to get them started?

• Arathu likes this

#111 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:31 AM

I was thinking of getting them onto popcorn, which is easy enough, but am not sure what to do after that. I was thinking of getting coarse sawdust or fine shavings (pet stores, used for rabbit hutches etc) but how much water do I use, do I test for FC in the normal way, etc?

#112 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 624 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:00 PM

here is a good solid  program which will work with most all wood loves though you might make some adjustments in some cases this is perfect for azurescens or cyanescens and the like. regards mjroom

http://www.magic-mus...-azurescens.pdf

• scott_1971_h likes this

#113 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:03 PM

here is a good solid  program which will work with most all wood loves though you might make some adjustments in some cases this is perfect for azurescens or cyanescens and the like. regards mjroom

Shit, thanks a lot! Even got pics! Some of that mycellium looks wicked!

#114 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 624 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:13 PM

Shit, thanks a lot! Even got pics! Some of that mycellium looks wicked!

you are most welcome. Here is the thread that you want to read from start to finish if you are interested in wood lovers. regards mjroom.

https://mycotopia.ne...lover-grow-log/

• scott_1971_h likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!