#141 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 4,172 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:57 PM

I've had problems before from GLC but it's not common. I think in my case the culture was clean just I picked up a contam after milking or during inoculation maybe I breathed on the needle or a draft..

Edited by Heirloom , 07 July 2017 - 08:58 PM.

• CatsAndBats and peacefrog like this

#142 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,107 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:00 PM

Who I'm kidding, I should "a" note.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

• Arathu likes this

#143 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:58 PM

How much space does a fruiting cake take? I have some on the way, and would like to know if I need to extend the FC...

#144 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,115 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:06 AM

How much space does a fruiting cake take? I have some on the way, and would like to know if I need to extend the FC...

Honestly.....hopefully a bunch of space...if you know what I mean. Depends on strain and I'm going to let others with extensive cubie strain grows chime in. I know B+ got HUGE.....clusters even more..........GT not as much but still pretty good sized.........

Then there were some that didn't get big but fruited a ton and others that only had a few mushrooms............I'm sending vibes that they push the lids off your chambers............... :biggrin:

A

#145 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:03 AM

Honestly.....hopefully a bunch of space...if you know what I mean. Depends on strain and I'm going to let others with extensive cubie strain grows chime in. I know B+ got HUGE.....clusters even more..........GT not as much but still pretty good sized.........

Then there were some that didn't get big but fruited a ton and others that only had a few mushrooms............I'm sending vibes that they push the lids off your chambers............... :biggrin:

A

Thanks for the good vibes, I have decided to get a fruiting greenhouse to give me more space on 4 'floors'. It can go next to the colonising greenhouse in the wardrode (if I move one of the chests of drawers)... or do they need light when they are fruiting?

#146 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 485 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

Some pins have developed into small 'shrooms, I'm going to wait for a few days before indulging to let more developments happen...

• DarthKabute likes this

#147 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:50 AM

Has anyone found a cake with insufficient water mid flush and what did you do? I seem to remember someone injecting water into the middle of the cake but that might not have been to blast it full of water...

#148 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,370 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

If you have your cake on plastic lids you can bottom dunk at any time during fruiting or in between fruiting... Place the cake on top of some moist verm on a plastic tub lid , begin to fruit as normal , if you want to add water pour knowingly clean water slowly on to the lid into the verm. Just add a splash at at a time until it won't drink any more and then leave it. 

It's amazing how much water they can consume during fruiting !

https://mycotopia.ne...-4#entry1141617

I also call this bottom-watering. It can be done at any time but imo the best times are just as the pins are exploding into fruits (like in the top link pic) and a top up after the flush is finished. 

Edited by hyphaenation, 11 July 2017 - 04:21 PM.

• CatsAndBats and scott_1971_h like this

#149 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:17 AM

Right, after 30g wet last night (refer to storming the gates):

30g is actually quite a good sized handful, they felt worse on my hands (wet rubbery thing) than they did when I ate them. They were quite a mouthful.

30g is also (I found) a reasonably hefty dose, I'm glad there werent any actually nasty people to interact with when I put the bins out, because I knew I was... fairly compromised. I was happy when I got back inside and could lock the door.

I want to do it again, using my own material I've seen grow 'from spore to door' Maybe not so much next time, and maybe not for a few days.

I'm seriously converted to fresh produce...  Fresh is best...

(Next time I will do it with a guided meditation thingy on the ifone.)

Edited by scott_1971_h, 13 July 2017 - 08:19 AM.

• DarthKabute likes this

#150 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,107 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:36 AM

"because I knew I was... fairly compromised"

Brilliant.

• Arathu likes this

#151 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,115 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

Fairly compromised...........great description............

I like it when ego boy is fairly compromised and he can't run away or make his walls and stories.....

Ego boy is a narcissistic wall builder............and the three-gee zone works wonders...............IME

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!