3 replies to this topic

#1 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,054 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:31 PM

I've been a solitary person most of my life.  Even when I was surrounded by people.  I have had a lot of problems with trust and believing in genuine love.

I had a little animal come into my life by accident.  I adopted her, loved her like a child.  My entire world changed for over two years.  I spent less time seeking answers, or even asking questions.  Just living, enjoying being alive, looking forward to seeing my little girl every chance I could get.

And of course one day I had to let go.  And now I'm back to my old self.  All the terrible emotions and fears, jealousies and regrets and emerged back on the surface of my behavior and my life, and I'm so tired of myself all over again.

I guess what I'm saying is that whatever we think we need, or whatever we give to others, we can only be our best and do our best when we are doing it out of love.

Take advantage of every moment you can spend with those you care about.  It's the only thing that really matters.

• Alder Logs, Spooner, wharfrat and 3 others like this

#2 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,842 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:19 PM

Try to not objectify the experience of love in anything outside yourself.   All the love we will know is within us, though it's an easy step to think it's in what might stimulate our knowing of it.  All the stuff out there, the good and the bad, are not the Source, but like even our thoughts, it all comes from Source.   We breathe by Source, are the direct emanation of Source.   Love is but one of the many blessings that come when we connect to the life that powers these bodies and minds.  You are the love, before any object of love arises.  Love that old self, dropping all judgment of it, all interpretations of its experiences, for it truly knows love.  Try that, and see what's new.

Edited by Alder Logs, 01 April 2017 - 09:34 PM.

• Spooner, wharfrat, CatsAndBats and 1 other like this

#3 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 73 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:05 PM

I love your wisdom Alder

#4 wharfrat

wharfrat