#1 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:27 PM

When modern humans from Europe swept across the lands of America, they met the Medicine Man, the Cunning Women.

Olds books in China, magical books, ideas of alchemy and Egyptian thought. These together with many others pointed to a new frontier.

In the 1960's, conciousness exploration broke out in both new and ancient ways. And now the new frontier was fully recognized.

But..

It was also recognized by ultra wealthy individuals as the "frontier", but only for them. So laws were enacted, laws against individual freedom.

They don't want us there. They would rather there be no Shamans.

Well... It's a theory. Don't believe it myself.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 02 April 2017 - 08:25 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#2 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,227 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

I don't believe there were no "medicine men" amongst the "modern" Europeans mentioned in your theory. As for the rest...May be so...

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,691 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:51 PM

I think we can cop to some pretty bad juju though, and up front for the most part.   Like the Hopi supposed to have said, the white brother will be your friend if he comes with the sign of the circle.  Not so much if he comes with the cross.

• Arathu, Heirloom and SteampunkScientist like this

#4 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,227 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:06 AM

I don't know how juju works but, after reading your response I do see that my mind created an illegitimate context (which, as I think of it, would also require an alternate history of migration) for the words in Steam's post. My mind is apparently capable of very fluid historical models...wonder what that says about all these people who occasionally listen to what I have to say  :ohmy:

Oh well. Carry on.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#5 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,161 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:30 AM

I think the entire collective mass of humans looks like beach sand......and so ones view will depend on the level of zoom and the filters through which those views are formed. You might think you've weeded out the troublesome fragments based upon your understanding of "troublesome" and yet the task is far beyond the capability of the weeder. 

And so we wind up with a calendar of "pagan" holidays and "pagan" deities renamed Saint so and so.....and the good "converted folk" wearing a cross and a hammer, and various charms and amulets, going to church on Sunday morning and dumping libation from a horn of ale and making offering of loafs on Sunday evening. Some bold souls made war, some ran away, some hid inside, others bought the entire story Pagan and Christian, some converted, some don't believe in anything at all.......it's beach sand. 

My personal take on it;

When modern humans from Europe swept across the lands of America, they met the Medicine Man, the Cunning Women.

"Modern" humans came from Europe to the land and found the people (who were also modern) Conquest under a self appointed title of divine superiority, at least that is the image painted and is still used to this day not just in the West........and hidden amongst them were also white medicine men and cunning women (else they would not likely have been alive) Then more "modern" humans came from Asia, and from the south, and among them were also medicine men and cunning women of different flavors but none the less NOT purely of the Christ. I'm not even getting into Islam as I have no interest beyond staying away from that mess (my personal bias from experiences).............still I challenge you to define the boundaries in realms that you cannot reach into (each other's internal dialogs and belief systems) on the scale of beach sand................

Surely there are individuals and groups that are absolutely convinced of their superiority and their absolute correctness as well. And just as assuredly there are those that know the power of such a stance but may not be so convinced and confident. The flavors of such things are indeed metaphorically comparable to the variance seen in the sands of a beach under a microscope. And in my strange pondering of such questions I turn my gaze to the night sky and I know, all the way down into my DNA and soul that I don't have a fucking clue..........................I know I'm full of shit...........Mother Earth opens her arms and whispers................."It's OK child".............

A    

• Alder Logs and SteampunkScientist like this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,691 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:39 AM

When all the false identification is seen through, other disappears.   The messing about becomes as a lesson about ignorance.

• Arathu and SteampunkScientist like this

#7 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,161 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:56 AM

When all the false identification is seen through, other disappears.   The messing about becomes as a lesson about ignorance.

As an observation.....Then comes a tingling spine and a fleeting comfort..............shattered by the return..........almost as if the strife were engineered with purpose............

Still once glimpsed and felt it becomes easier and easier to simply watch the ripples on the pond create their interference patterns ad infintum..........

I hope I'm not causing too much trouble in my lucid wondering each "sleep" period.........it's beginning to spill into the waking........

But I did mention that I know I'm full of shit too...............hahahahaha

#8 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,691 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:16 AM

Adventures in the seemingly so.

#9 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:19 PM

Well, I was pretty stoned when I wrote that post... It was a strange thought that came on me so I attempted to write it down.  Hopefully not to create more confusion - it's just that things sometimes "seem" to be such that there are those who would rather we not explore these things, and it occurs to me, that their reasons are similar to those of the barons who rose up that last time we had an unexplored "frontier", except this time they are trying to get ahead of the game.

But, that could be entirely a delusional bit of paranoia too... :tongue:

#10 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

There is no spoon.  

There is no Shaman.  

& God is within.

Now back to your regular scheduled programming.

#11 Final

Final

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:28 PM

Be your own Shaman . If you need help ask the other worldly beings to lend you a hand. 

#12 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,161 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:16 PM

I abandoned all of it and went outside and made my plea...............Earth answered..........it's all I'll ever need in this incarnation.......

• SteampunkScientist and Final like this

#13 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,691 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:12 PM

I got old and became a total wuss.  It's raining outside, so I'm inside today.  Ain't that a shame[an]?

#14 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:41 PM

My tears fell like rain...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!