89 replies to this topic

#41 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,080 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

....I took some pictures hoping I can get the computer working good later put them up :)

I did find a little peice of quartz and pink feldspar stuck together in the gravel on the side of the rd well I took a better look under the macro lens of the camra and a few spots the quartz is red?? there maye a nice surprize there I took a few nice pictures showing the red spots nicley :)
  • Skywatcher likes this

#42 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,080 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

...finally some pictures from the other day ;)

gallery_121976_1455_559490.jpg
this is a few taken from in the woods

gallery_121976_1455_64493.jpg
some close ups
gallery_121976_1455_778637.jpg
I see feldspar and quartz smoky some looks yellowish and a gold mica very pretty if it shines in the right way it really looks gold but its flexable with my fingernail ;)

gallery_121976_1455_464083.jpg
this one at the top has red looking quartz stuff i have a few more pictures of it

Edited by wildedibles, 16 April 2017 - 03:31 PM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#43 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,080 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

here is another picture of the red stone??
gallery_121976_1455_466295.jpg

and some pictures of the quartz rock in the woods showing where I got the quartz, feldspar and mica rocks

gallery_121976_1455_145229.jpg

gallery_121976_1455_145229.jpg

gallery_121976_1455_1302755.jpg

gallery_121976_1455_317151.jpg

its a big rock the stones I got from here fit in my hand size but the crack is big and the ledge full of mud and moss needs some further lookin ;)
Its always special time int the woods ....Po needs to learn some patients tho we have to tie him up while we look and he wines and wines I can tell he wants to run but not sure if he will come back ....if he smells a deer who knows how far he will look for one when he gets on the trail ;)
  • Skywatcher likes this

#44 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:00 PM

Wilde there's all kinds of points starting to show up there.....I see a few in the pieces you're showing

A diligent search by hand is likely to find you some beautiful point and probably double terminated as well........I'm certain hiding somewhere there is a pocket or ten.......... :biggrin: 

You're in a fantastic spot!

• wildedibles and Skywatcher like this

#45 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,080 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

I can tell there is some type of lime stone or something soft thats holding it all together so its starting to wash away ...gentle prying is all it took to get some apart some were already loose and I can tell there is tiny stuff thats washed out too laying in the mud part

#46 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,080 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:46 AM

Here is some beautiful rocky spots we found the other day :)

pictures 3 and 4 are one rock with one quartz at each end

the quartz are the size of my palm :)

Attached Thumbnails

• 085.JPG
  • 089.JPG
  • 092.JPG
  • 095.JPG
  • 101.JPG

• Arathu and Skywatcher like this

#47 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,080 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:53 PM

When I check these rocks out peeking under the moss they seem to be pink granite ...I like the square breaks I have a few more pictures comming I was having issues and got these up anyway :)

The new set comming have a couple pictures where it looks like the huge rocks are sliding right off the hill neat......this is a wash out area the top of the hill higher then most places around and the rain and snow can flow down exposing more rock ....and the tree leaves and moss covering them up again ....but every once in a while you walk and walk and peek here and there and you find quartz 2 on one rock hubby found one and me the other size of our hands very stuck within the granite :)
...some of the granite is crumbeling and there is more then a few places to check out :) hubby got a quarts unstuck from the rock for me and times like this are very special dosnt matter what the rock is ....
  • Skywatcher likes this

#48 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:55 PM

Wow are you in a great spot Wilde................Like I said before I'd probably not come out of the woods............

A

• wildedibles likes this

#49 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,080 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:52 PM

Here are the rocks sliding off the hill

and some trees that seem to be falling off the hill maybe some turkey tail mushroom

Attached Thumbnails

• 158.JPG
  • 143.JPG
  • 141.JPG
  • 138.JPG
  • 108.JPG

#50 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

There are likely crystals laying in the wash bottoms there (where the runoff happens)...........it will probably be worth your while to look through the debris

OMG.........I'd be going haywire................. :biggrin:

I have shale and sandstone with glacial sands where I'm at...................you have THE SOURCE............

I'm jealous................. :rolleyes: 

A

#51 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,575 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:18 PM

I'm really appreciating the amazing massive rock formations you are sharing Wilde. There seems to be some really beautiful strata showing in some of these areas. I think I am in love with this pink quartz with the black (probably manganese) veins.

post-126525-0-53070200-1493155072.jpg

Canadian quartz.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 25 April 2017 - 04:18 PM.

• wildedibles likes this

#52 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,270 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:03 PM

I basically go out sometimes and pick up cool rocks. Wish I knew more about rockhounding.

#53 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,080 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:12 PM

There are likely crystals laying in the wash bottoms there (where the runoff happens)...........it will probably be worth your while to look through the debris

OMG.........I'd be going haywire................. :biggrin:

I have shale and sandstone with glacial sands where I'm at...................you have THE SOURCE............

I'm jealous................. :rolleyes: 

A

Don't be jelouse I will share the my experience you guys are teaching me much more then I would learn on my own :)

Skye I like that one too :) a square pink sticking out like that peeking outa the moss .....the spiritual side of looking for something hunting and finding some cool stufff and the bonus of the headache gone for a while :) Thanks for being a good teacher with these stones bud

I basically go out sometimes and pick up cool rocks. Wish I knew more about rockhounding.

Thats how I started bud and now Im wondering about the big ones in the area :) I will share what I learn with you if you want to learn more and there is some really cool stuff on youtube :)
  • Skywatcher likes this

#54 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,080 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:47 AM

Here is a yellow quartz me and hubby found the other day

gallery_121976_1455_32568.jpg

gallery_121976_1455_19377.jpg

this is a large one I put into my rock garden and I have several smaller pieces to add to flower pots or....

• Arathu and Skywatcher like this

#55 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,080 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:41 AM

Skye what would make the yellow coloration in the quartz? It goes right threw the rock .....I know iron and some other metals make a red rock what makes a yellow in the rocks??

#56 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,575 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

Skye what would make the yellow coloration in the quartz? It goes right threw the rock .....I know iron and some other metals make a red rock what makes a yellow in the rocks??

In quartz, yellow can be from iron, (Fe oxides), hematite (iron ) and sometimes tin oxides will form golden yellow rutile, or threads. Iron oxides are varied, and have color distinctions, and the amount also affects the coloration. Dark red to black is strong concentration, where a very dilute amount of oxide can look yellowish, like a very pale rust color.

Looking at the piece you showed, I would suspect iron oxide of some form before tin.

Quartz has hundreds of color possibilitys from all kinds of mineral and oxide inclusions. here are but a few examples....

http://www.quartzpage.de/inc_text.html

• wildedibles likes this

#57 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:23 AM

I'm sure with diligence you should be able to find pockets of well formed crystals there Wilde......given the stuff that is laying weathered I'd bet my mushroom hat........ :biggrin:

Also as you're driving the roads there look for places that they have cut through the strata to put the roads in.......you might be surprised at what folks are driving right past..........

Boulder fields too especially where significant ground has been moved for construction.................I found crystals and gems traveling the highways in the U.S. by stopping and checking the cuts..... 

A

• wildedibles likes this

#58 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,080 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

This is what Im thinking too buddy .....all the quarts I find around tho is fractured, round havent found a crystal ...... but need to look at the road sides where its been blasted to make room for roads sone has been newly blasted ;) I watched some rock hound videos looking in these road sides is cool :) nice crystals and gems..... Amathyst and quarts mines are very close same as for garnet to the south of us..........
  • Arathu likes this

#59 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,080 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:18 PM

Here is another rock hounding video :)

[Direct Link]

• Arathu likes this

#60 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,575 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:09 PM

Sometimes the rocks worth, is too big to collect anything but the smallest shards, but it is the spiritual experience of spending time in the location that is the true treasure.

The total experience of being in proximity to these huge energy powerhouse locations is awesome..............

I spent 4 days last week at Morro Rock, on the central California coast. This giant was formed by giant molten magma tubes that reached up to the surface. Over the millennia, time, erosion, and the ocean have removed all the surrounding material, leaving only the core exposed to the elements, and radiating its unique energy.

The energy vibe here is so overwhelming. Peaceful, positive, and slow, like time itself moves at a different pace.  I took close to 80 pictures, and brought some small shards home with me. 

I will only share a small portion of the photos here......

Arrival

Morro Bay arrival 001.jpg

Sunsets, and Sunset panorama

Last Sunset  070.jpg  Morro Bay Sunset 008.jpg

Sunset Panorama 2 .jpg

Sunrise Series 

Sunrise series 1.jpg  Sunrise series 2.jpg

Sunrise series 4.jpg  Sunrise series 6.jpg

Rock base and Side details

Morro rock detail 044.jpg  Morro rock N side 048.jpg

Morro Rock bottom  045.jpg  Morro Rock detail 043.jpg

Morro Rock S side 042.jpg  Morro Rock sheer slab 047.jpg

I made time to meditate all around the bay areas several times a day. The peaceful aura that permeates this energy vortex extend quite a ways from the rock center. This was my favorite location. It was a misty and cool, and at times even rain and lightning at this location on the 2nd day. The trees are ancient, and full of beautiful silver moss............

I am planning to move here. I started the process while we were there as there is no reason to wait.

Meditation moment 049.jpg  Meditation point 050.jpg

post-126525-0-84854800-1502075314.jpg

Costal tree moss 051.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 06 August 2017 - 10:10 PM.

• Arathu, wildedibles, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!