#61 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,397 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:18 PM

The rock looks like basalt.   The silver stuff in the trees looks like lichens.   Beautiful place.   To think I have only driven past this place. 

• wildedibles and Skywatcher like this

#62 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,110 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

Being a magma tube that reached the surface, Basalt is the main composition. There are also several granites on the outer edges, likely formed by the extreme pressure and heat in this natural monoliths youth. You have to get off the main hwys to get to the bay, so unless it is the destination, you would never even see this driving up the coast Hwy.

It seems a quiet, isolated area, well known to the seagulls which play and dance in the air all around the rock in numbers at all times.

• Arathu and wildedibles like this

#63 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,817 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:48 AM

Since I'm a creature of the eastern forests I feel most at home and comfortable in the old growth (there's sadly very little left but it's still here) but I dream of getting a small cabin close to it so I can spend my final years in the big woods........

It would put me even closer to Wilde's rocks, I'm on the other side of the big pond, which I certainly hope to make a few trips up that way and find some of those pockets........the Rock Hound has me convinced that I need to do that......... 

Where there is shattered quartz and mica in that quantity there are definitely large pockets of well formed crystals to be found..........just gotta put in the work to track them down......IMHO

Skye that's a beautiful place man I hope you get there soon............As for me I'm sure that I'm destined to a cabin and a hot tub with an old world sauna for me aging bones.......

And hopefully the psycho cannabis haters here die off soon so I can enjoy some sticky buds legally.........

A

#64 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:03 PM

Sometimes the rocks worth, is too big to collect anything but the smallest shards, but it is the spiritual experience of spending time in the location that is the true treasure.
The total experience of being in proximity to these huge energy powerhouse locations is awesome..............

I spent 4 days last week at Morro Rock, on the central California coast. This giant was formed by giant molten magma tubes that reached up to the surface. Over the millennia, time, erosion, and the ocean have removed all the surrounding material, leaving only the core exposed to the elements, and radiating its unique energy.
The energy vibe here is so overwhelming. Peaceful, positive, and slow, like time itself moves at a different pace.  I took close to 80 pictures, and brought some small shards home with me. 

I will only share a small portion of the photos here......

Arrival
attachicon.gifMorro Bay arrival 001.jpg

Sunsets, and Sunset panorama

attachicon.gifLast Sunset 070.jpg  attachicon.gifMorro Bay Sunset 008.jpg

attachicon.gifSunset Panorama 2 .jpg

Sunrise Series 

attachicon.gifSunrise series 1.jpg  attachicon.gifSunrise series 2.jpg

attachicon.gifSunrise series 4.jpg  attachicon.gifSunrise series 6.jpg

Rock base and Side details

attachicon.gifMorro rock detail 044.jpg  attachicon.gifMorro rock N side 048.jpg

attachicon.gifMorro Rock bottom 045.jpg  attachicon.gifMorro Rock detail 043.jpg

attachicon.gifMorro Rock S side 042.jpg  attachicon.gifMorro Rock sheer slab 047.jpg

I made time to meditate all around the bay areas several times a day. The peaceful aura that permeates this energy vortex extend quite a ways from the rock center. This was my favorite location. It was a misty and cool, and at times even rain and lightning at this location on the 2nd day. The trees are ancient, and full of beautiful silver moss............
I am planning to move here. I started the process while we were there as there is no reason to wait.

attachicon.gifMeditation moment 049.jpg  attachicon.gifMeditation point 050.jpg

post-126525-0-84854800-1502075314.jpg

attachicon.gifCostal tree moss 051.jpg

Oh WOW!! Really you get to live on vacation? Happy for you :) Thats one cool rock Im glad you didnt fold it up and put it in your pocket Skye ....Your right some rocks are too special to take it all...

this rock you have here has been special enough to stay while all the surface arount it got worn away :) Im sure it wants to stay a while longer

Some of the mountains in BC northern look like that rock .......they r taking many totally away taking the coal out and they were selling it to China so they can burn it and send the smog this way .....Canada's too eco friendly these days to burn coal ......even tho our hydro is some of the most expensive in the World ...what ....

I love keeping rocks spiritual they need to stay where they are but if they speak to you to take a small part its meant to be not everyone going there will take something but some will maybe one day the rock will give its self away :) I swear rocks have evolved to travel the way they want to :) using our legs :)
  • Skywatcher likes this

#65 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:17 PM

Since I'm a creature of the eastern forests I feel most at home and comfortable in the old growth (there's sadly very little left but it's still here) but I dream of getting a small cabin close to it so I can spend my final years in the big woods........

It would put me even closer to Wilde's rocks, I'm on the other side of the big pond, which I certainly hope to make a few trips up that way and find some of those pockets........the Rock Hound has me convinced that I need to do that......... 

Where there is shattered quartz and mica in that quantity there are definitely large pockets of well formed crystals to be found..........just gotta put in the work to track them down......IMHO

Skye that's a beautiful place man I hope you get there soon............As for me I'm sure that I'm destined to a cabin and a hot tub with an old world sauna for me aging bones.......

And hopefully the psycho cannabis haters here die off soon so I can enjoy some sticky buds legally.........

A

Sounds beautiful I like the hot tub sauna part :) It make cabin life possible :) I love the woods but its lots of work

Ive been out west to the very north but this is mostly pine and popular which are not very old growth

In Ontario I know much has been explored you can walk into the woods for miles and still find old metal jusnk left behind ......and many trees have been taken too raise cows .......(this is becoming familiar in the rain foorest now too)
anyway there are not many large old groth trees left until you go into the park Algonquin park is so large and protected the inner forest has many old trees some areas are only touched by thoes with a canoe :) Many Cedars are very old even if they are small trees they have hooked onto the rocks in very windy areas and do not grow fast at all ;)

I think in some citys you cannot take down a tree thats over 100years but this town sevral have been taken down in the last couple of years.....the muushrooms that grew under these trees were special too ....many diff kinds in a small town yard ...they just messed up thier biodiversity .....
  • Skywatcher likes this

#66 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:03 PM

This is where my hubby grew up :) His brother got married not to far from this falls ....Ontario side of the pond

He told me his grandmother took them here berry picking but they found some neat crystal rocks too .... he never knew what his grandmother did with these rocks ...... rocks and memories :) maybe I should say memories rock :)

almost forgot the vedio ....they are just looking around cuz this is a park and your not soposed to remove stuff from a park ...... I found watching this guys vedieos ...old mines are opened up for people to go and peek and for a small fee they can remove rock from these areas ;) Its much easier for small collectors to go threw mining tailings then to go mine for them ;)

[Direct Link]

Edited by wildedibles, 07 August 2017 - 05:11 PM.

• Arathu, Skywatcher and Pan1 like this

#67 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 443 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:17 PM

Very cool Wildedibles, thats pretty close to my neck of the woods, never new there were any hounding opportunity's there, might have to check it out sometime.  As i said in the other crystal thread im planning a trip next month to bancroft, there an active sodalite mine there, they say they have tailing from a bunch of mines they get dumped there i can spend the day going threw, and a couple of inactive mines, that you can pay a fee and go hound in, been to the one before many years ago, the other is by appointment. looking for little chips to make wire rings out of and cut stones.

did a little google search of what can be found around there very cool, never knew of this for being so close, thanks for sharing.

Edited by Pan1, 07 August 2017 - 07:29 PM.

• wildedibles likes this

#68 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:14 PM

If you r planing a trip to bancroft look up this guys videos he goes to the jamberie (sorry spelling?) anyway they show off the crystals etc in the area and all over the world I think ...he has books out on caving and mineral collecting in the Ontario areas

Dont forget to take pictures :) and have a good trip when you end up going let us know how it turns out :)

#69 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:07 AM

Rock hounding in Bancroft

[Direct Link]

one from Niagra falls

[Direct Link]

Edited by wildedibles, 08 August 2017 - 09:10 AM.

#70 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 443 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:27 PM

they spell it gemboree, not that im that smart just have their page up. Was there many years ago, remember a lot of cheap Chinese stuff, was broke off my ass so many be thats all i had the money to look at. Missed it this year, was on the weekend, im in British Columbia now. Maybe next year.

The rose quartz mine i thought was inactive, i found a little bit saying it was active, by appointment only so hopefully i can get one, very little other info on it. i will take pics of my scores and any mine or really nice stuff on display and post them up, hope you looked at my pics from thunderbay in the other crystal thread.

• wildedibles likes this

#71 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,817 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:48 AM

Watching The Rock Hound makes me want to load up all my gear and disappear for a month or until the snows make it impossible. Permanently sounds even better..........I could easily spend the rest of my days at tailing piles and crawling into holes and cuts in granite with crumbling veins of quartz..................crystals are incredible............the forests are where I belong. The further out I go the more at I home I become......the modern world is mostly abomination (not that it needs to be) We need to reintegrate in large numbers immediately...........IMHO

I should start offering classes and take youngsters out into the wilds. Maybe young adults............Dirtmakers Tribes...............hahahahaha 

“In a crystal we have clear evidence of the existence of a formative life principle, and though we cannot understand the life of a crystal, it is nonetheless a living being” Nikola Tesla...............

We would do well to pay way more attention.................and less at this corporate bullshit I'm doing now............

#72 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

You should look into wild life classes ....someone was trying to get me into that but its hard when you get social anxiety ...... ;) I do show people that are interested in going for a walk or looking at mushrooms ...I love spreading wild was and food ideas for small groups or a friend

#73 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

they spell it gemboree, not that im that smart just have their page up. Was there many years ago, remember a lot of cheap Chinese stuff, was broke off my ass so many be thats all i had the money to look at. Missed it this year, was on the weekend, im in British Columbia now. Maybe next year.

The rose quartz mine i thought was inactive, i found a little bit saying it was active, by appointment only so hopefully i can get one, very little other info on it. i will take pics of my scores and any mine or really nice stuff on display and post them up, hope you looked at my pics from thunderbay in the other crystal thread.

No I havent seen that thread yet .....If I dont find it please link it in here so I dont forget to look it up

BC eh? well theres lots of rock there too ....where abouts south....middle or northern......I lived way up north Tumbler ridge an old coal mining town that did reopen for a bit it may still be open .......talk about the wilds tho ;) dont get lost on thoes trails ......I remember the trail disapearing a few times I just stoped till I could find the ribon usually on the ground then I put it back on a tree where people would see where the trail goes .......

#74 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:35 PM

Well there is more rumors about a mine opening up and well maybe they r not rumors?? trees are being riped from the ground on the hill they were talking about finding diamons in ....many people have no clue here and think your crazy for mentioning diamons here ....garnets are not far away and they are just colored diamonds
I have never been big on diamonds the colored stones are more beautiful and well if you can make a perfect one in a lab why rip open the ground and create such troubles taking stones from the earth this way is just too much greed

finding a few stones here and there or going in after the damage is done looking threw the scraps is a way to put the area back to the ground....... very many mixed messages .....maybe my little town wont be so little in the next few years we need jobs here but taking the wild over is never a nice feeling for me
  • Arathu likes this

#75 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,817 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:25 PM

Many stones can be had in the streams and they have mostly naturally washed out of the ground....

an extraordinary gift from the ground..........as compared to forced removal..............

IDK maybe it's just me...............I wouldn't mind hand digging a pocket or three though.................. :biggrin:

A

• wildedibles likes this

#76 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:04 PM

https://mycotopia.ne...14#entry1330439

We are meant to dig and plant the earth changing it by hand but these big machines removing a large portion of the rock beneatth us ....they are after a vein in the massive rock ...it is a large area of trees removed ....its like how they are destroying frozen earth permafrost to remove a little bit of gold for a massive area ....I seen something on TV about how they are finding mammoth bones when they blast the permifrost with high pressure water

maybe I need to look at it this way they r gonna dig up really old rock maye we will learn something :) maybe we will bring up old rare seeds that wash away or wait for another time when mother nature will eventually take the mine back to the wild :)
  • Spooner likes this

#77 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:05 PM

oh the chippys wanted me to post that link for you lol
  • Arathu likes this

#78 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 1,969 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:00 AM

https://mycotopia.ne...14#entry1330439

We are meant to dig and plant the earth changing it by hand but these big machines removing a large portion of the rock beneatth us ....they are after a vein in the massive rock ...it is a large area of trees removed ....its like how they are destroying frozen earth permafrost to remove a little bit of gold for a massive area ....I seen something on TV about how they are finding mammoth bones when they blast the permifrost with high pressure water

maybe I need to look at it this way they r gonna dig up really old rock maye we will learn something :) maybe we will bring up old rare seeds that wash away or wait for another time when mother nature will eventually take the mine back to the wild :)

If the USA climate deniers have their way we may be going back to nature in a time before humans roamed the earth, but the cool part is that there were once mushrooms 4 feet tall.  Perhaps that is when America was great and Don the Con just wants to help us return to that era.

• wildedibles likes this

#79 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 443 posts

Posted Today, 05:41 AM

No I havent seen that thread yet .....If I dont find it please link it in here so I dont forget to look it up

BC eh? well theres lots of rock there too ....where abouts south....middle or northern......I lived way up north Tumbler ridge an old coal mining town that did reopen for a bit it may still be open .......talk about the wilds tho ;) dont get lost on thoes trails ......I remember the trail disapearing a few times I just stoped till I could find the ribon usually on the ground then I put it back on a tree where people would see where the trail goes .....

its a whats color my stone 13th page..

https://mycotopia.ne...e-today/page-13

i was in kelowna for a week and van island for a week, just got back home yesterday.

Have to dig out my camera, got a really good score digging threw tailings at the amethyst mine. got the tip of a huge crystal, will have that up in a day or two.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!