Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Tammerian Blue mycelium culture. Should I inoculate a LC jar?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nkander

nkander

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

Hi, I received a syringe of Tammerian Blue mycelium vs spores. I've inoculated a couple of 1/2 pint jars. I realize I could keep the syringe in the refrigerator. However, since I've found very little on the web, yet, about this strain I think I might inject some into a Liquid Culture. I'm still very new to all this and noticed that Out-Grow has a Liquid Culture Jar. (Sterilized liquid culture mix in a pint jar with self-healing injection port and gas exchange filter.) 

Any feedback about my idea of injecting some 2-4cc into a Liquid Culture Jar? Would this be the way to go to extend the culture?

Has anyone heard of Tammerian Blue? I did a quick search in the site here but nothing so far. Thank you

#2 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,284 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:39 AM

I have never heard of the strain, but there are new ones popping up all the time.

Personally, I would inject the remainder of the syringe into a jar of some sterilized water with an airport lid--maybe a 1/2 pint jar.  You can draw up several syringes from that.

Save the LC for clone/isolate material.  Just my two cents.

• Juthro likes this

#3 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,682 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:09 PM

So did that "I take really big doses of mushrooms" martial arts guy simply rename an existing strain after his own "Institute" (i.e. the Tammerian Institute)?

I guess any tips for growing it would be the same as those for growing whatever strain he renamed.

#4 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 7,281 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

So did that "I take really big doses of mushrooms" martial arts guy simply rename an existing strain after his own "Institute" (i.e. the Tammerian Institute)?

I guess any tips for growing it would be the same as those for growing whatever strain he renamed.

Yeah that guy is popping up all over the place. Yeah let's all take 25g. What a fraud.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!