#1 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,996 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

I thought We could talk about our visits to the Doctor.

I went today and expected to hear crap about about my UA that revealed I
use cannabis.

No mention of my cannabis use , my xanax prescption was stopped due to the
UA - cannabis in urine.

Today the DR. offered me Adderall - amphetamine ! I didn't take any.
I have been offered opiates also. She only wanted to help me, I cannot stress that enough.

I love my Doctor.

I do not think of my DR. in any sexual way, but I am attracted to her
mind and she is physically awesome , and in my age group. I suppress sex thoughts of her.

Man the purple nails and lipstick, the holding onto me today as I sought to
release from her................ but she kept a hand on me that made me think.....

We also talked about deep thoughts about humanity and the solution to bring us together as people.

Am I the only one who feels like this? is this transference?

I guess it seems I have a crush on my DR.

What are the chances she will be my second wife? mean My two wives and me?

I know some won't approve. others like my dad would say two women four time the problems

I just want to be happy.

EDIT- I would do anything for my Doctor, any thing she asked of me.I want a reward

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 11 April 2017 - 02:37 PM.

• wharfrat likes this

#2 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Black VIP
  • 483 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:44 PM

It's called transference, but she's your primary care doc not your psych (right?) so maybe there's a different word for it. Thing is she's doing wrong to flirt with you when you're at your most emotionally open and energetically vulnerable. You're not really in a position to consent. Speaking as a lady of a certain age I think we also forget that we can still spark something and that warmth towards others can be misconstrued? That said if I was a doctor I'd fall in love with everyone all the time... Glad I'm not!! So don't rule it out, just because she's smart and highly educated and wears sexy nail polish doesn't mean she's not capable of making terrible choices just like the rest of us. Not that you're a terrible choice, sexual relationships where there's a power imbalance are usually a terrible choice. Disclaimer -i don't disapprove, I just think you could lose a good doctor and probably won't gain her heart.
  • TVCasualty, phlegmbae, Coopdog and 6 others like this

#3 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:45 PM

I just want to be happy.

That's easy since it requires nothing at all (Alder points this out often enough -and compellingly enough- so that I'm even starting to believe it myself).

On the other hand, developing an emotional relationship with a woman who is not your wife is a very big 'something,' and as such could turn out to be a major impediment to that happiness you're after. Plus you'd have to find a new Doctor if/when things went sideways, and that can be a real PITA unto itself (especially if you've already managed to find one you can trust/tolerate).

• Alder Logs, Heirloom , sparrow95 and 1 other like this

#4 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,996 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:07 PM

thanks for the replies , I have struggled with this for a long time. I guess it could be lust.
  • Coopdog and Alder Logs like this

#5 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,852 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:10 PM

I know a Dr, whose kid takes adderol regularly until she had a psychotic break from doing so, at college, forcing her to drop out of college, move back home with her parents, and is trying to get better...except the fact that no one wants to admit that the adderol caused the break, so she just kept taking it.  Afterall her Dr gave it to her and her Dad was fine with that.  And so now she's getting worse again, sadly, and no one still says a word about the Adderol.  She musta not took enough or missed her dose, maybe her dose needs adjusting is all.  Interesting how the same dynamics are at play in most of the school shootings, we've had to endure in the US.  There's something deeply irritating about chemically twisting one's brain from the inside, and without knowing the cause, being unable to relieve that irritant.  -Leading to excessive suicide rates that keep on rising.  Hey, at least big pharm is killin it!

Edited by riseabovethought, 11 April 2017 - 03:18 PM.

• Coopdog and Heirloom like this

#6 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,996 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:22 PM

Adderal ie dextro-amphetime & amphetimine sulfate.

This can make a person as crazy as a june bug.

I am sitting here with my wife and we are thinking about Adderall.

Not crazy yet.
  • Coopdog likes this

#7 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 47,982 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:25 PM

I guess it seems I have a crush on my DR.

Shit dude, now I have a crush on your doctor. I would love some opiates and adderalls.

FWIW if used mindfully, adderalls can be a very useful tool to 'bio-hack' one's body and mind. I use them to get fired up late at night and do agar work. When paired with cannabis there's a tingly feeling that comes with it that I find very pleasing.

I just want to be happy.

That's easy since it requires nothing at all (Alder points this out often enough -and compellingly enough- so that I'm even starting to believe it myself).

IKR?! It's not easy to employ but it is worth exploring. I keep trying to nudge him into writing a thread about it but for some reason he's resistant. He prefers peppering our threads with it. :biggrin:

• ChimX and Heirloom like this

#8 Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot

{{{{{ + }}}}}

• OG VIP
  • 608 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

I had two wives once....my friends said it was very " big o' me" !!

Wish you well....

• Juthro and Heirloom like this

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,448 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:59 PM

So, my evil plan moves forward, with all sorts of folks testing happy for no reason and some reporting positive results.  Bwa ha ha ha ha!  

gallery_131808_1351_4819.gif

• Myc, ChimX, riseabovethought and 3 others like this

#10 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,291 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:51 AM

I just watched a sit-com dealing with this very subject.

"How I Met Your Mother" - Season 3, Episode 13

Don't date your doctor.

I had an attractive, similar aged, primary care physician for whom I once harbored some amorous thoughts. She was so warm, inviting, caring, sweet - and good at her job to boot. Turns out, she was very happily married and just an all-out wonderful person. Fortunately, I did not have to embarrass myself to find this out. Nor did I get overly invested in the fantasy.

That being said, healthy fantasy is cheap. Cheaper (and more real) than the stuff of movies. And what better subject? Amor!

Indulge yourself if it feels right. Just regulate before it tries to blossom into something different. 

Last note: If she's willing to hand out prescription drugs that easy.........I would run from that lady. Run fast and don't look back. The most responsible physicians keep their prescription pad in their office - not in the exam room. They do not have the prescription pad in-hand upon making your acquaintance. This is dangerous medicine. Beware. 

• Coopdog, riseabovethought and Heirloom like this

#11 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 47,982 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:57 AM

[Direct Link]

"junkie nurse" by the Royal Trux

• tailsmcsnails likes this

#12 OldBear

OldBear

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 37 posts

Donator

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:14 AM

Hmmm...  I married my doctor.

We met on a Thursday, had our first date that Friday, and moved in together Saturday.

I think it was a pheromone thing.

She was 18.  I was 19.  The year was 1976.

My life shines because of our love & her acceptance of my....

shall we say "idiosyncracies"?

Pisses her off that the establishment pushes opioids & she can't prescribe cannabis (yet) to those that would benefit.

Doctors are people.  Maybe mention a social event outside the office where you could meet.

Not sure what to say about the two wives thing.  My wife -- back when she was my GF -- used to say she didn't want to be my wife -- she wanted to be my mistress.

YMMV

#13 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 47,982 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:16 AM

Hmmm...  I married my doctor.

We met on a Thursday, had our first date that Friday, and moved in together Saturday.

I think it was a pheromone thing.

She was 18.  I was 19.  The year was 1976.

My life shines because of our love & her acceptance of my....

shall we say "idiosyncracies"?

Pisses her off that the establishment pushes opioids & she can't prescribe cannabis (yet) to those that would benefit.

Doctors are people.  Maybe mention a social event outside the office where you could meet.

Not sure what to say about the two wives thing.  My wife -- back when she was my GF -- used to say she didn't want to be my wife -- she wanted to be my mistress.

YMMV

What are her thoughts on lsd?

#14 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,124 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:07 AM

I have really only seen ((and experienced) this with a Therapist. I however can see how it could happen with a doctor. When I was in a really fucked up place, at the time the feeling that this therapist was someone who really cared about me, easilly transfered over to a belief that my own feelings were reciprocated. It happened to me more than once with therapists.

My relationship with my doctor is way too different for this to be an issue.

As far as the thought of having two wives............

I am not one to say what would work for anyone but myself.

I am and have always been a monogamous being. I can only be with one partner. Even in the days when multiples and nightly trysts were the norm, I was unable to just switch channels, and really only ever wanted one person to share it all with. It took almost 20 years, but I did find that person and it has been that way for 30 years. I have never in all that time harbored any desire to do anything that would jeopardize that. I have the capacity to love more than one person and do. This does not equate to a physical relationship for me. I do believe some people can feel comfortable in a multiple relationship.

If your doctor is a good doctor in your opinion, I am not sure I would try to take it any farther. But you my friend, are the most qualified person on this planet to determine what is right for you, and what is not.  

A healthy fantasy life is not an action, and does not count.

• Coopdog, ChimX, Heirloom and 1 other like this

#15 OldBear

OldBear

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 37 posts

Donator

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:52 AM

Usually it's "You're all huggy today...  are you tripping?"

• Coopdog, Arathu, Heirloom and 1 other like this

#16 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 47,982 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:55 AM

I meant in a broader sense, as a tool for therapists or as a self treatment.

#17 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,996 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:09 PM

QA good nights sleep has restored my mind, I did not have any sex dreams. lot's of good advice.

The Dr. told me I am one of her favorite patients many times.

The mention of Adderall got me so wound up I felt like I had taken several. Adderall can get me hypersexual. Though it does help get some work done.

I have never been wrong about sexual attraction but I am not going to act on this. In order for it to happen she would have to hug /kiss me Then ......... I could feel as if I was tempted beyond my ability to resist.

A good DR. is hard to find, maybe she is just looking for a person to split prescriptions with.

Would be nice to have a Doctor on my team.
  • Skywatcher and OldBear like this

#18 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

I know a Dr, whose kid takes adderol regularly until she had a psychotic break from doing so, at college, forcing her to drop out of college, move back home with her parents, and is trying to get better...except the fact that no one wants to admit that the adderol caused the break, so she just kept taking it.  Afterall her Dr gave it to her and her Dad was fine with that.  And so now she's getting worse again, sadly, and no one still says a word about the Adderol.  She musta not took enough or missed her dose, maybe her dose needs adjusting is all.  Interesting how the same dynamics are at play in most of the school shootings, we've had to endure in the US.  There's something deeply irritating about chemically twisting one's brain from the inside, and without knowing the cause, being unable to relieve that irritant.  -Leading to excessive suicide rates that keep on rising.  Hey, at least big pharm is killin it!

Perhaps sending along some information about what Adderall does to people's dopamine levels when used by those who technically shouldn't be using it would be helpful in acknowledging what the actual problem is?

The symptoms of inadequate dopamine are rather eye-opening for those who've taken Adderall for a while then wonder why they feel like such total shit (among other effects) for so long after they stop. The symptoms definitely include panic attacks and acute suicidal depression, and knowing that can help one endure those times without doing something regrettable.

The dopamine deficit that it causes among those who use it as a stimulant can be seriously debilitating, especially if it's been taken regularly for a long time. After stopping, it might take 6 months or longer before one feels "right" again (and its going to be an excruciatingly-long six months). For those who are 'supposed' to be taking it, the withdrawal symptoms associated with inadequate dopamine production do not happen. Also, it has the opposite effect (calms rather than stimulates) and those who are calmed by Adderall also tend to be amped-up/stimulated by opiates (so if opiates act like speed for someone then they can likely take Adderall without the negative effects on dopamine production experienced by those who take it as a stimulant).

• ChimX, riseabovethought, Juthro and 1 other like this

#19 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:44 PM

Sounds more like a conflict of interest to me.

#20 OldBear

OldBear

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 37 posts

Donator

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:37 PM

I meant in a broader sense, as a tool for therapists or as a self treatment.

Couple things, cuz you phrased your question about lsd.  I've got prankster connections, so good 'cid, but you never know what else is floating around out there.  She doesn't mention it much, but I'm sure she's concerned about the whole "acquired on the black market" vibe & would never consider an unknown substance from a questionable source for a patient. She's much more comfortable with our babies.  After all, no chemist in the world is as good as a plant.  Plus, they're filled with love.

She is aware of the recent publications in the Journal of Psychopharmacology about the efficacy of psilocybin mushrooms in treating PTSD depression & end of life anxiety.   She treats a number of vets with PTSD, and she was extremely impressed with Arathu's story about finding the right teachers & allies to heal his wounds.   She would love to incorporate these plants into her practice, but cannot because of the DEA & the Controlled Substances Act.  [Note: I was a lot more creative in expressing my feelings about the feds, but having read the Statement of Contribution again this morning, I deleted it.  Negativity & drama avoided.]

I've been "be mushroomed" & she's along for the journey.   Also - she's the doc in my shamanic expulsion story.  I told her I shared the story with the topia & was completely honest, except about the gender of the doc.  She gave me the stink eye over that one.  :biggrin:

Edited by OldBear, 12 April 2017 - 03:48 PM.

• Arathu and tailsmcsnails like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!