[Direct Link]

#563 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:53 AM

Jimmy Dore continues to be one of the best news and analysis sources I find out there in these days of increasing Operation Mockingbird spoon fed talking points and Alphabet Inc. shadow banning and bum steering Y'ube watchers.  I have to post this to show what a true whistle-blower is. 

[Direct Link]

I found myself with a bit of a backlog of Jimmy Dore Show videos I had yet to see.  So, I opened the oldest one up in new tab, hoping to use Autoplay to get more than one in a row while I was in the kitchen making breakfast and listening on the remote computer speakers I have there.  Well that didn't work. 

There was one I was particularly interested in seeing, as it was another with John Kiriakou, this one on Saudi Arabia and the troops the US was sending in. Y’ube has recently tripled or quadrupled the number of “push” recommendations that come with each video. So, with each new Jimmy Dore Show video that I came back upstairs to start playing, I scrolled through the whole long list to see if this next John Kiriakou video would be in the list. After about eight videos, and eight of these lists, there was one unwatched JDS new show that did not make that list, and only one. The algorithm really doesn’t want me to see this one.

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 02 October 2019 - 10:10 AM.

#564 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,629 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 October 2019 - 10:35 AM

[Direct Link]

• Myc, Tenderfoot, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#565 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 October 2019 - 11:35 AM

I just remembered that Joe Rogan also does stand-up.  Everyone should see that video.  It's a long one, but is quite a window on the world we're living in.

• Sidestreet likes this

#566 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:40 PM

Wake Up and Smell the Fascism of the Oil Acquisition State

[Direct Link]

• Sidestreet likes this

#567 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:40 AM

[Direct Link]

• Sidestreet likes this

#568 LegoMyego

LegoMyego

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:17 PM

Bill Burr is the best informed uninformed person out there in my opinion. 

[Direct Link]

Edited by Myc, 10 November 2019 - 12:41 PM.

• Tenderfoot likes this

#569 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,081 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2019 - 01:48 PM

Be a real shame if suddenly everyone on the planet who is not a banker stopped believing that pieces of paper with numbers on it is equal to labor, or actual goods and services...be a real shame.
  • Juthro and LegoMyego like this

#570 LegoMyego

LegoMyego

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:06 AM

Money representing work isn't really the issue in my opinion.  Since banks were deregulated and our money is no longer backed by gold, it doesn't mean anything anymore.  Bankers just print that shit for the hell of it, creating bubbles that will pop eventually, screwing the average person meanwhile they get saved by the government because they are "too big to fail".  

Money used to mean something, despite it just being numbers on paper.  Nowadays it might as well be toilet paper.  

#571 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,614 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:10 PM

Another life long republican calls it for what it is.

[Direct Link]

#572 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,126 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM

Money representing work isn't really the issue in my opinion.  Since banks were deregulated and our money is no longer backed by gold, it doesn't mean anything anymore.  Bankers just print that shit for the hell of it, creating bubbles that will pop eventually, screwing the average person meanwhile they get saved by the government because they are "too big to fail".  

Money used to mean something, despite it just being numbers on paper.  Nowadays it might as well be toilet paper.  

They don't even have to print it.

Fractional-reserve banking means you end up paying off a mortgage or car loan with money you earn with your actual labor but the money they loaned you didn't exist before they loaned it to you. This is one of the primary ways that 'the Matrix' feeds off of our energy.

If the reserve amount is 5% then for every $1000 someone deposits the bank can loan out $20,000 because it's "backed" by the "cash" the bank has in reserve to cover (a percentage of) the loan. Never mind that 5% doesn't cover squat, meaning the whole system is a joke. And IIRC 5% is higher than the actual reserve requirement. I think it's around 2%, or was last time I checked which was a long time ago.

So when you have a bank loan, you are literally paying interest on money that only exists because you "borrowed" it. Kinda weird, huh?

This has created a fascinating phenomenon where the amount of cash circulating in the global economy likely represents far more than the tangible, exploitable resources available to us on Earth. And all money ultimately is (or is supposed to be, anyway) is a symbolic representation of extracted and refined resources, so when the amount of money in circulation far exceeds the amount of tangible goods it represents then the only question about it's total collapse is when it will happen. I am assuming that we're not going to change the game by mining off-planet resources in time for that to save us from our two thousand-year old Ponzi scheme.

• Myc, Tenderfoot, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#573 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:54 PM

...the only question about it's total collapse is when it will happen.

I guess it's a study of how what's not real can destroy what is.  It's like believing we are what we think we are, and how it impacts the experience of the actuality of living.

Edited by Alder Logs, 14 November 2019 - 09:55 PM.

#574 LegoMyego

LegoMyego

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:47 PM

I think the collapse of currency would lead to two outcomes.  Either society collapses into martial law and anarchy or we finally come together.  If we stop seeing each other as seperate groups (e.g. race, gender, political leanings, nationality, etc) and rather a single group of living beings, there would be no need for a bartering system.  

The few will not divide the many for much longer. I truly hope this unity occurs because there is enough to go around. 

If the former occurs and humanity is inevitably wiped out, we will continue to live on as we have since the beginning.  We are ancient hydrogen afterall.    

• TVCasualty likes this

#575 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,126 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:52 AM

By collapsing into anarchy I assume you mean the bad kind of anarchy, lol.

Even though the gold standard was abandoned, our currency isn't entirely unbacked by anything tangible at all, though this is stretching the definition of 'tangible' to the limit. By that I mean instead of gold, the money in the system is sort of backed by the FDIC insurance for accounts at accredited banks (up to a point, so people who deposit more than the FDIC insures just open more accounts to ensure everything's covered).

But that's backing up our faith in our currency more so than the currency itself by tying it's existence to that of the Federal government. Governments are odd in that they are both tangible and not, or rather they manifest tangible effects (war being one example), which is what counts.

The situation is what I suppose would be an economic version of a tautology; i.e., to back an abstract currency with promises made by the abstract entity that created the currency is a circle (jerk?) of faith. But since the government is inextricably intertwined with the existence of modern civilization (unlike in the past!) it means that our currency will retain meaningful (if abstract) value so long as a cohesive and stable U.S. Government continues to exist.

A practical result of this is to make revolutions much more difficult as they would also vaporize the nation's financial system since it would be backed by the government being overthrown. That would make it hard to generate support among anyone who has a vested interest in the current system continuing, which would include most of the people living within it.

And history shows that people can be starved and brutalized forever, but will revolt when the taxes (actual or de facto) become too oppressive. That tells me that revolutions are merely power struggles among those who are already mostly in charge, so We the Peasants should probably largely avoid them as we'd merely be pawns in a rigged game, same as it ever was. The only kind of revolution that would matter to us would be one that resulted a fundamental paradigm shift of our entire society, which requires a paradigm shift of consciousness.

The only practical way to deal with this mess seems to me to be to treat it like a wilderness infested with predators and to behave as if everyone else -including myself- is edible. Which we are (just ask Soliver and Alder Logs, lol).

Two observations from actual wilderness that may be helpful to consider are that one of the most effective ways to avoid being eaten is to blend in to your surroundings and remain utterly still (inside and out; this is key!) when a predator is around and that a running/fleeing animal is an extremely vulnerable animal. Plan accordingly.

I suspect that spending time in untracked wilderness is the only place we'll find any Truth-with-a-capital-T since lies and delusions tend to die in it real quick, literally. Wilderness may not teach the truth (meaning 'facts') about physics or chemistry and such but it reveals the kind of Truth (meaning awareness and understanding) that matters.

Edited by TVCasualty, 15 November 2019 - 08:57 AM.

• LegoMyego likes this

#576 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2019 - 10:29 AM

Consciousness doesn't need so much to be shifted as to become unencumbered by belief.

#577 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,126 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:41 AM

I consider the casting off of a burdensome Belief System (aka BS, lol) to be an example of a "shift" in consciousness, since to me the concept just means changing one's mind, however one does it.

So except for using different words I think we're pretty much saying the same thing about the nature of what's going on and how to change it.

#578 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,614 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:55 AM

So......  back to current news from stand up comedians..... ;P 

[Direct Link]

• TVCasualty likes this

#579 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,547 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2019 - 01:11 PM

Had to share this with those who have not watched it yet. Paul always has some interesting things to talk about

[Direct Link]

• Juthro likes this

#580 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:33 AM

Jimmy does a bit of a Rogan here with an extended interview with Dylan Ratigan.  This interview is like taking a college course on how the fuck we got where we are now.  I hope it gets watched.

[Direct Link]

• Myc and riseabovethought like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!