#21 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,316 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:15 AM

Cubes are probably the easiest to grow, and while they don't have the potency of wood-lovers (usually) that is fine with me, because I like to know that I can set the dose fairly accurately. Wood lovers can be so strong as to make it difficult to get a good dose setting - too easy to go much stronger than intended.  That combined with the very long grow times, etc. make wood lovers more of a curiosity for me.  I can add or subtract grams in a tea with cubes and know that I can handle the minor potency differences.  For micro dosing this is REALLY important as half a gram of cube might be 0.05 gram of woody.

Using one of the many oat or popcorn teks and just plain Coir can get you what you want. Using bleach. ISO-alcohol,  and H202 and good clean technique and you can have yourself some sacraments in a matter of a few weeks.

• mjroom likes this

#22 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,392 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:31 AM

I just concluded a two week microdosing regimen and can say that my guitar practice has been radically accelerated.

With mindfulness and the third eye insight the sacrament gives, the guitar becomes part of your hands and fingers. You can think the music and play it at the same time.

It's amazing, but the only "downside" is that when dealing with people it's damn hard to keep to the societal "script". This can be an issue at work with other folks who are not... "In the same space"!

Typically, I believe, "microdosing" means sub-active states, so to speak. It sounds like based on your description your doses are  giving you perceptually "altered" states. Care to speak to these differences?

If this is confusing I can clear it up...just racing out the door atm.

• Heirloom likes this

#23 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,316 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:11 PM

Yeah I was trying to find my "best" microdosing level, as I like to know "it's there" but because I practice meditation and second sight, I tend to notice it more.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 07 June 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#24 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 782 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:42 AM

I started micro dosing with a small dose and I an using a very old forgotten but found bag of cubes which were gifted to me as they had lost so much potency. I think I started with a 1/4 tsp and found that was easily noticeable to me (nothing dramatic heightened colours and other senses) then I went down to 1/8 tsp and that was about the right level (not packed at all). I soak the powdered mushroom for 20 min with a tsp of lemon juice  little honey and about a half cup of just off boiling water. I can still notice this when it starts around 45 min to an hour after taking so I got into the habit of taking it just before bed time. My goal was to have as large a dose as I can without noticing it. I might go to a small amount less but the 1/8 tsp was easy to find and use so I went with that. Even in the day time after a couple of hours I have no idea I am on anything.

Just to mention my last dose was in the day time (morning) and I had just the evening before been reading some of John Allen's info and his recommendation to take with chocolate milk. I don't do dairy but I do like a tsp. of freshly ground coco nibs in a cup of hot water so I mixed that with my 1/8 tsp. dose and about and about 45min later or so I felt like everything was high definition but it was all velvet smooth at the same time. I also have gotten into the habit of filtering out the mushroom solids as they bother me even at the 1/8 dose. I think that with the addition of the coco nibs I could split my dose in half. Try the coco nibs with your next dose it is a very nice comfortable safe and grounded feeling. I have been dosing twice a week since late last August. regards mjroom.

• Heirloom and explorer7 like this

#25 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,573 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:25 AM

Thanks mjroom I will try the coco nibs with mushrooms.

This is a nice thread some good info to apply and think about.

#26 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,316 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2017 - 06:13 AM

I'm wondering what an eighth of a teaspoon weighs? At any rate it's amazing how little is needed to get real benefits!

The other thing that really intrigues me is how the whole tolerance thing seems to go out the window. I did a series of half gram micro doses, followed by a standard trip dose. No noticable decrease in effect. I think that is very interesting for a number of reasons.

To me this shows how the sacraments act as medicine differs greatly from how they work when used to explore the conciousness.
  • mjroom, tailsmcsnails, explorer7 and 1 other like this

#27 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 782 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:52 PM

It sure does seem as if the mushroom "knows" the difference between a sacrament used as medicine or when exploring the mind and especially party time thinking. I think that everybody will have a different level of tolerance and even those can be variable. I expect that your mindset going in has a tremendous affect, we are always reading about set and setting. Intent it seems to me matters. Regards mjroom.

• Alder Logs, Heirloom , SteampunkScientist and 3 others like this

#28 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Expired Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:02 PM

Since I started microdosing Iv bin a diffrent person.. no longer get depressed or have craving for certain things ex. video games or pot. I find it alot easier to move on from bad thoughts and not to linger on stuff that brings me down.. my sleeping pattern has changed alot tho. I find i dont need as much sleep and i sleep alot more solid than 2 months ago.. I take .25-.50 every otherday. and a good thresh hold dose every two-three weeks. apx. 2-3.5 grams. Im a whole diffrent person and everybody has noticed it too... after being THEE pothead and going to not smoking dope anymore.
  • Guy1298, Spooner, whirledpeas and 1 other like this

#29 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 200 posts

Donator

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:27 PM

Once I obtained a steady supply of the mushroom, growing Terence McKenna’s Amazonian strain starting in 1976 and taking 5 dried grams every week or two before floating in a Samadhi isolation tank, the first message and greatest benefit was their advising me very clearly, directly, and in no uncertain terms, that I could only progress further on the path by completely letting go of all intoxicants. Once this was done, life began to open up in earnest. The mushroom is not a “drug” but a healing medicine gifted to us by the Earth.

Edited by elfstone, 08 October 2017 - 09:29 PM.

• mjroom, explorer7, Mewman and 1 other like this

#30 mrPete

mrPete

Ms.Wowzers

• Expired Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

Once I obtained a steady supply of the mushroom, growing Terence McKenna’s Amazonian strain starting in 1976 and taking 5 dried grams every week or two before floating in a Samadhi isolation tank, the first message and greatest benefit was their advising me very clearly, directly, and in no uncertain terms, that I could only progress further on the path by completely letting go of all intoxicants. Once this was done, life began to open up in earnest. The mushroom is not a “drug” but a healing medicine gifted to us by the Earth.

Up untill last year I always thought of the mushroom as "drug" but after me and 3 of my closest cousins split an oz on a camping trip last yr did I realize it was so much more than just somthing to catch a sweet buzz off of. Now I have an endless supply and for the majority of it I trip alone. to my closest friends I give them mush for free cause of all the great after effects I'v had.. I no longer think of it as a "sweet buzz" but as a healing remedy. I'm a better person emotionally and Physically, mentally.
  • explorer7 and Mewman like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!