• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 386 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:58 PM

the new laws where submitted to the government today, so they can pass them in the next year and a bit. so i looked them up and this is what i found about the new growing laws, that i havent seen reported on the news today.

Following Royal Assent, the Government intends to bring the proposed Act into force no later than July 2018. At that time, adults would legally be able to possess up to 30 grams of legal cannabis in public, and to grow up to four plants per household at a maximum height of one metre from a legal seed or seedling.

theres the link                        https://www.canada.c...tecannabis.html

i think its kind of funny some of these laws havent been very well thought threw, 1 meter plant cap, what the hell is that a small auto flower, most people have no idea how to grow a 1 meter tall plant (just for you Americans thats 3.2 feet) they have just fucked over anyone that hasnt growen a lot cannabis before, doesnt effect me any and i think its funny.

My 420 tshirt is all done and the dye is drying but i should make a new one saying "1 meter? My dick is bigger than that." lol

they also have a possible 14 years in jail for selling or providing a minor, really fucking over what ever branch of gov stores end up selling.

• wildedibles, Skywatcher, Spooner and 3 others like this

#2 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,040 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:50 AM

best laugh of the day ....under 1 meter you have to bend her over to grow in Canada :) I am surprised that wer allowed to grow our own .....Im glad they are starting to research med cannibis with kids now for epelipsy :) brain reasearch nuro protective not destructive :)
  • Skywatcher, Spooner, Heirloom Spores and 1 other like this

#3 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,360 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:41 AM

under 1 meter you have to bend her over to grow in Canada

lol I was gonna say, time for some extreme training.  We'll see who can grow a plant that's one meter high and ten meters long!

• Myc, fungi2bwith, wildedibles and 2 others like this

#4 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:13 AM

Seems the phrase "legal seed or seedling" takes the fun out of it. And could effectively keep illegal by default.
  • Hash_Man and Heirloom Spores like this

#5 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,158 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

under 1 meter you have to bend her over to grow in Canada

lol I was gonna say, time for some extreme training.  We'll see who can grow a plant that's one meter high and ten meters long!

Yea funny . . the next be root or pot size limit . . but there's ways around that too . . Round and round where she stops no one knows

Edited by Hash_Man, 14 April 2017 - 09:50 AM.

• wildedibles, Skywatcher and Heirloom Spores like this

#6 Myc

Myc

Myc - o 'Topia

• App Administrator
  • 5,083 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:01 AM

If you had the growing season, one could plant a nice sativa.

At one meter's height, bend the plant over, scuff the bark of the stem down to the the cambium layer, apply rooting hormone and stake the tip section of the plant down the the earth so it can root. Do this "daisy chain" as many times as possible keeping the main stalk near to (and parallel) to the earth. The side branches will all grow to about 1 meter. By the end of the season (if done carefully), one would have made a nice hedge of a single plant. 

To pull this off in the upper latitudes, one would need to start under artificial light.......thereby making the transfer to outdoors very difficult. But......one plant is one plant......and a height of one meter is one meter. Be sure and photo document (just in case some ass-hole wants to push the issue). 

I think everyone on the planet is getting tired of this "Catch-22" legislation and I'm excited to see the backlash.

Pulling up a chair. 

• Sidestreet, wildedibles, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#7 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 7,255 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:05 AM

Got Scrog?

outdoor-scrog-grow-balcony-600x450.jpg

• Sidestreet, Myc, ChimX and 6 others like this

#8 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,360 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:00 PM

Well whaddya know... decorative pot plants

• coorsmikey and wildedibles like this

#9 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

So some dickhead is gonna come around with a yardstick or what? Lol

That's fine... I like em low and wide anyway :) with a nice 4 plant SCROG they will see how dumb that law is haha
  • CatsAndBats and Pan1 like this

#10 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:28 PM

So some dickhead is gonna come around with a yardstick or what? Lol

That's fine... I like em low and wide anyway :) with a nice 4 plant SCROG they will see how dumb that law is haha

Yeah thats my plan a 4 plant scrog with as much light as i can throw at it.

• ethnobotanist420 likes this

#11 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 7,255 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

Don't forget side lighting! :biggrin:

#12 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 1,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

"1 meter? My dick is bigger than that."

best laugh of the day ....under 1 meter you have to bend her over to grow in Canada :) 

The Canadian Parliament is currently reviewing recommendations from The Turtle Tribunal to create a maximum National Speed Limit.

• wildedibles likes this

#13 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,040 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

"1 meter? My dick is bigger than that."

best laugh of the day ....under 1 meter you have to bend her over to grow in Canada :)

The Canadian Parliament is currently reviewing recommendations from The Turtle Tribunal to create a maximum National Speed Limit.

Im too grumpy for that to be funny just yet Spooner ;)
  • Spooner likes this

#14 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,848 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:15 PM

I'm going to make a fortune on my new hybridized cannabis ground cover. .........................................................

(joke, please do not place orders)

• wildedibles and Spooner like this

#15 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,040 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

I'm going to make a fortune on my new hybridized cannabis ground cover. .........................................................
(joke, please do not place orders)

green friendly ;) a great way to prevent soil erroison :)
  • Skywatcher and Spooner like this

#16 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 386 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:02 PM

still waiting for someone to post up the new laws, that highlight list from the gov that i linked is all ive found, im sure one of the activist groups here will have them up in a week or two. interested to see if the goverment will even allow outdoor growing since medical users are not allowed to grow outside, and what kind of restrictions there going to have for outside growing.

• CatsAndBats likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!