#1 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:48 AM

http://www.tampabay....-decide/2320268

TALLAHASSEE — An anti-drug group opposed to medical marijuana is helping craft Florida laws on pot's expanded use — a cause its founders tried and failed to defeat during last year's elections.

The St. Petersburg-based Drug Free America Foundation is one of several anti-drug groups tied to conservative financiers Mel and Betty Sembler that opposed constitutional amendments legalizing medical marijuana in 2014 and 2016. The Semblers, who founded Drug Free America, gave $1 million for a political committee called Drug Free Florida, which fought against last year's amendment that provided greater access to the drug.

Yet despite 71 percent of voters supporting medical marijuana, their foundation is having a say in the legislation that will determine the drug's availability. Drug Free America's executive director, Calvina Fay, lauded current legislation during a March meeting, thanking the House sponsor for including so many of the group's suggestions in the bill.

The group and its lobbying arm ...

Edited by Hash_Man, 14 April 2017 - 11:49 AM.

• Juthro likes this

#2 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,940 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:43 PM

An anti drug group should have no say as they are political not a medical group. Then there's the
majority vote - democracy, what do the people want.

The people I have seen oppose medical cannabis, have no compassion for people and love money more than
people.

I hope it all goes well for the people in Florida. I bet one could grow some fine sativa there.

namaste
  • Hash_Man likes this

#3 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,681 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

This is the same Mel, and Betty Sembler that founded the teen drug testament center Straight, Inc., that got sued for false imprisonment of one of their 'Clients' in the mid '80s.

https://en.wikipedia...t,_Incorporated
  • Hash_Man and Heirloom like this

#4 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,940 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

WOW a scary cult.
  • Juthro likes this

#5 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:59 AM

This is the same Mel, and Betty Sembler that founded the teen drug testament center Straight, Inc., that got sued for false imprisonment of one of their 'Clients' in the mid '80s.https://en.wikipedia...t,_Incorporated

Yea man, they are some kind of embsadors and up the ass of politicians they we're the major contributors against Colorado’s amendment A-64

Edited by Hash_Man, 07 May 2017 - 12:02 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#6 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,488 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:36 PM

Florida also just created the largest grow cartel in the nation.....By only allowing 7 individuals to cultivate for the entire state......crazy.

• Hash_Man likes this

#7 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 7,912 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

Fuck Florida.
  • Hash_Man and Arathu like this

#8 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,940 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

You think that's bad in Iowa a bill is waiting to be signed by the Governor and itlimits the potency to 3%. Iowa ditch weed.

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 07 May 2017 - 03:33 PM.

• Lakegal7 likes this

#9 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

As long as the keep the prices up . . oops : l
  • Cue, Juthro and CatsAndBats like this

#10 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,637 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:00 PM

As long as the keep the prices up . . oops : l

The Almighty, All Knowing, All controlling.........................DOLLAR...........Someone should slap them in the head with large copy of the Book of Genesis.............

[1:29] God said, "See, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food.
[1:30] And to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food." And it was so.
[1:31] God saw everything that he had made, and indeed, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

And I'm PAGAN....................

EDIT: I'm outside of the Spirituality section.......delete this post if necessary..........Sorry bout that............... :blush:

Where is their outrage for the prescription pill death epidemic? Where is their outrage for the dope pushing "medical" and pharmaceutical industries? Where is their outrage for the addicts they create and the insanely and criminally inflated prices for health care (which actually SICK MAINTENANCE)? Anti DRUG my ass! I'll bet you find the big pharm and oil industries in their diversified investment strategies and portfolio's.............

Fuck them and people that think like them...............you know because they aren't addicts if they're under the care of a doctor............vodka and all.............

I really do not like hypocrites and psychos........................

A

Edited by Arathu, 07 May 2017 - 05:01 PM.

• Hash_Man, Juthro, Lakegal7 and 1 other like this

#11 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:13 PM

You think that's bad in Iowa a bill is waiting to be signed by the Governor and itlimits the potency to 3%. Iowa ditch weed.

Yea what a drag bro.

#12 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 343 posts

Donator

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:14 PM

Well said Arathu
Yeah we're the outrage over the prescription drug epidemic
Stupid refer madness assholes..
I hope I will see a call to reason and compassion concerning
cannabus and its many medicinal uses
in my lifetime

#13 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:04 AM

I don't even think that Florida is allowing 3%.

The Semblers, who founded Drug Free America, gave $1 million for a political committee called Drug Free Florida, which fought against last year's amendment that provided greater access to the drug.

Thank God for John Morgan who donated atleast that much of his own money towards its legalization.

#14 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• Free Member
  • 3,454 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:35 AM

The Semblers are money grubbing scumbags. They founded Straight Inc. 'nuff said.
  • Hash_Man and Juthro like this

#15 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,852 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:52 AM

Old people...

Oh, they mean well...

How often, as the universe and internet expand with accelerating speed, have we been reminded that tradition slows progress?  -In almost every case.  Tradition will be the end of us.  Only those who can adapt the quickest will survive the next transition.  Luckily, I dont have to live in FL, and can live in a more free state.  They'll be along, much later in the game.  They advance with glacial speed, to their own detriment.  Let them enjoy the other states overflowing revenue while they flounder in hesitation dooming themselves worse and worse with their inaction/ confused ass- backward stumbling shuffling steps backwards.  Maybe thats why they just might wake up to a plummeting sinkhole, after all their evil doings.  Or their heart literally just cant take the hypocracy anymore....& with all their pride and hardened faith in religion, I imagine, there's a special place for them in purgatory waiting.  Dumb asses. :dry:

#16 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• Free Member
  • 3,454 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:07 AM

Their Drug Free America Foundation was formed in Saint Petersburg, FL. This is the same city where they founded Straight Inc.
I had a few friends get sent there and it screwed them up pretty bad. One of my friends actually got turned away when his parents took him there. The inquisitor wouldn't let him go to the bathroom so he took a shit on the floor in front of him. They told his parents he would be too disruptive to the program. LOL
  • Lakegal7 likes this

#17 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 343 posts

Donator

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:41 PM

I guess that would do it dead diver ha ha

What gripes me is just how many of these anti cannabus folk
drink.. Come on we all know how tame cannabus is compared to alcohol
When proabition was lifted, it wasn't people coming to their senses or any love of free
will or free choice, it was because we were in a financial crisis and needed the tax revinue that
hard liquor created. Let's hope all of our states start to see the light
And possible revinue that cannabus can contribute
Greed usually trumps over any sort of misplaced moral outrage

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!