Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

CatsAndBats attacks some prints (easy aseptic printing)

jars

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/(^ x ^)\

• OG VIP
  • 7,183 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:14 PM

I thought that I'd post an easy print tek for quick reference for our newest members. Whenever I try to find one quickly, I have to go digging, so here's how I attack it.

The main thing/s to be mindful of when printing (or any amateur mycological endeavor IMHO) is aseptic technique and managing the 'spore load'. Unless one is printing from fruits grown invitro (ala either neglect or chronic tek), one is not working in a sterile manner, one is working aseptically, which in our case is just trying to limit the amount of competitor spores as much as possible.

Let's do this.

Supplies:

Fruits (right before the veil breaks. Ideally one is printing from first flush from a culture that has had minimal contact with ambient air, again to minimize contact with foreign spores)

• Jars (small)
  • Foil (heavy duty)
  • Pan (sheet pan)
  • Oven
  • SAB or clean area
  • Gloves
  • Alcohol (I prefer 91% in this application for biocidal efficacy, and for quick evaporation to limit time exposed to air)
  • A sterlite bin or tupperware (optional)
  • Sativa and/or some beer (optional)

Here are today's victims uh I mean candidates. These are on the smaller side but I've worked on this culture pretty extensively to harness it's traits, seen here: https://mycotopia.ne...r-30/?p=1312587

It's super aggressive, it's a terrific fruiter and it's full of alkaloids. I'm extremely confident that even though these fruits are on the smaller side, wherever these prints land that they'll be successful.

post-147940-0-78831500-1492390473.jpg

The above fruits are what is left over from a flush that has already been harvested, the weird and unique matting that this malabar expresses is seen at the bottom, which I'll clean off at a later time. The fruits it produces are meaty and have virtually no hollowness in the stipe, lots of mass just like the matting.

When choosing fruits for printing, one should approach it the same way one approaches genetic isolation, look for a strong specimen (fast colonization, size, etc.) and/or a good cluster.

The original source (I won't name him but his name rhymes with mlbjammer) of the redboys pictured below  works on his  genetics by printing from a good cluster, growing out, printing from a good cluster, growing out and so on, and even though this generation is starting to suffer from senescence, it still spits out these great clusters:

post-147940-0-89694800-1492391143.jpg

and yours will too if you print mindfully!

Anywayyyyyyy..

Cut/tear your foil squares to fit underneath your jar covers. Wipe everything with alcohol,  the foil, the jars, the optional covers, etc.

Then place them on your wiped out pan and put them in the oven to kill off any yeast spores or mold spores that were in the air or weren't killed by the alcohol wipe. I used to nuke the shit out of them at 450f for like an hour, but I think that that's overkill and just run them for 30min at 350f now.

Pull them out and place your sanitized covers on them (optional), again I do this extra step to cut down on the spore load and because the jar covers have a tendency to slide around.

post-147940-0-05635600-1492392494.jpg

Now it's just a matter of getting the fruit caps off of the stem and under the jars in your clean area. Get it all in your SAB, spray the SAB with alcohol and walk away for ~15min to allow the spores in the air to fall or float into the SAB's walls. With your gloved and sanitized hands, twist the cap to separate it from the stipe, the veil should fall away, get the cap/s under the jar and give it 24-48hrs to drop it's 'load'. After the spores drop, in your clean area, pull the spent caps out, replace the covers and let them dry for a day or so in order to make sure that they don't germinate early. Put them in ziplock baggies and voila, spore prints printed in an aseptic fashion to help the recipient's success, or to help preserve genetics for one's own personal spore catalog.

IMHO one should print every culture that one favors.

Speaking of all that, the next three people to go vip and post here after it's paid for can get one of these malabars, once they're dry of course. (for microscopy purposes only, obeying all local laws) :biggrin:

Happy Easter you crazy kids! Thanks for stopping by. Here's some eye candy for all a y'all pervos!

5e16d9fbb30b2703b746748c3bf9dc28.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• malabars for printing.jpg
  • rb cluster.jpg
  • jars for printing.jpg

Edited by CatsAndBats, 16 April 2017 - 09:24 PM.

• fahtster, MLBjammer, PsyBearknot and 11 others like this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 4,831 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

nice write up cat, thanks for the contribution  :biggrin:

• CatsAndBats, peacefrog and FieldTrip like this

#3 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/(^ x ^)\

• OG VIP
  • 7,183 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:35 PM

No problem. I forgot the 's' in my name hahaha.

#4 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 4,831 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:51 PM

No problem. I forgot the 's' in my name hahaha.

no you didn't, look again  :tongue:

• CatsAndBats likes this

#5 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,774 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:00 PM

Beautiful bunny............and write up..........

Listen to Cat......he knows.......

A

#6 ChimX

ChimX

Spiritual Forager

• Free Member
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:09 PM

(I won't name him but his name rhymes with mlbjammer)

ILMAO

That's a tough one...I think I got it though!
images (1).jpg

-ChimX

Edited by ChimX, 16 April 2017 - 11:10 PM.

• CatsAndBats, tailsmcsnails and FieldTrip like this

#7 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

mycochimp

• Gold VIP
  • 349 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:08 AM

Love it thanks catty

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

#8 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:39 AM

Nice write up, I might even follow it.

And I thought the furry ears was a yeast infection...

• CatsAndBats and FieldTrip like this

#9 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/(^ x ^)\

• OG VIP
  • 7,183 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:17 AM

Speaking of all that, the next three people to go vip and post here after it's paid for can get one of these malabars, once they're dry of course. (for microscopy purposes only, obeying all local laws) :biggrin:

Happy Easter you crazy kids! Thanks for stopping by. Here's some eye candy for all a y'all pervos!

*clears throat

Edited by CatsAndBats, 17 April 2017 - 08:17 AM.

• MrModeon likes this

#10 MrModeon

MrModeon

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:04 AM

*clears throat

I'd like to but I'm a little hesitant about entering my identity etc. I would if I could just send some BTC.

#11 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:08 AM

Hmmm, if one can figure it out, I'll be going VIP today.
  • FieldTrip likes this

#12 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/(^ x ^)\

• OG VIP
  • 7,183 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:15 AM

*clears throat

I'd like to but I'm a little hesitant about entering my identity etc. I would if I could just send some BTC.

Well it's not illegal to become VIP at mycotopia, it's not even shady IMHO. That said, one can just grab a pre-paid gift card and use a disposable email. That's up to you and the admins/mods.

I've sent dozens of prints via this site with no ill effects, again, all legal.

• Juthro and tailsmcsnails like this

#13 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:17 AM

I've started the process, I guess I wait for an admin to approve my order for VIP now

#14 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/(^ x ^)\

• OG VIP
  • 7,183 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

I've started the process, I guess I wait for an admin to approve my order for VIP now

keep-in-touch-cat-sparrow-funny-graphic.

#15 MrModeon

MrModeon

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:45 AM

Well it's not illegal to become VIP at mycotopia, it's not even shady IMHO. That said, one can just grab a pre-paid gift card and use a disposable email. That's up to you and the admins/mods.

Not illegal no but I would just prefer to keep links to my real identity at a minimum. It's something everyone should decide for themselves and I would prefer the option of BTC :tinfoil: .

#16 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/(^ x ^)\

• OG VIP
  • 7,183 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:05 AM

Not illegal no but I would just prefer to keep links to my real identity at a minimum. It's something everyone should decide for themselves and I would prefer the option of BTC :tinfoil: .

That's out of my wheelhouse. That's all Mikey and zen. I'm just donating prints.

https://mycotopia.ne...-you/?p=1308950

#17 FieldTrip

FieldTrip

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:36 PM

Hey Cat thanks! Those are BEAUTIFUL. Umm, the mushies, yea that's what I'm talking about.. Not the bunny pic.. Glad to be aboard guys :D

#18 FieldTrip

FieldTrip

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

I will definitely use this tek when it comes time.

#19 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,313 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

Excellent tutorial Cat-Attack-Bat-Shit-Crazy-Name-Changing-Mushie-Growing-Wizard (I don't know what to call you anymore)...

Now, if you would be so kind to show us how to grow one of those items in the last picture you posted...
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#20 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/(^ x ^)\

• OG VIP
  • 7,183 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:23 PM

Excellent tutorial Cat-Attack-Bat-Shit-Crazy-Name-Changing-Mushie-Growing-Wizard (I don't know what to call you anymore)...

Now, if you would be so kind to show us how to grow one of those items in the last picture you posted...

This:

keep-in-touch-cat-sparrow-funny-graphic.

Or these:

post-147940-0-89694800-1492391143.jpg

???

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jars

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!