• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:23 PM

Does anyone know if syrian rue works with psilocybin, and has anyone tried using amaranth grain to a) grow spores, and/or b) spawn?

Amaranth grows like a weed around here lol

Edited by scott_1971_h, 17 April 2017 - 10:24 PM.

• Cybilopsin likes this

#2 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:21 PM

Does anyone know if syrian rue works with psilocybin, and has anyone tried using amaranth grain to a) grow spores, and/or b) spawn?

I remember Hip talking about using amaranth flour once....I'll have to see if I can find it. I have no experience with rue...sorry

A

#3 MrModeon

MrModeon

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:42 AM

Does anyone know if syrian rue works with psilocybin

Yeah, works like any regular MAOI. Have tried it myself but it was so disgusting that I'd rather just eat double the amount of shrooms. 

• Cue, wharfrat and scott_1971_h like this

#4 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:46 AM

Does anyone know if syrian rue works with psilocybin

Yeah, works like any regular MAOI. Have tried it myself but it was so disgusting that I'd rather just eat double the amount of shrooms. 

lol its like poppy tea. I drink it for the voltage, not the vintage.

• wharfrat likes this

#5 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:45 AM

Use the search-forums box, up and to the right at the top of the page, set it for Forums and enter Amaranth.......there are a bunch of threads that talk about it and many other grains/cereals/nutrient sources in grows..........definitely worth a go IMHO..

A

#6 MrModeon

MrModeon

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:58 AM

Sure but if you have enough shrooms then why bother? I like eating a bit of licorice with it so that's another reason.

Be sure to check out what foods you can't combine with MAOIs.
  • Arathu, Cue, wharfrat and 1 other like this

#7 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:11 AM

Sure but if you have enough shrooms then why bother? I like eating a bit of licorice with it so that's another reason.

Be sure to check out what foods you can't combine with MAOIs.

Yes I know, nearly anything with tryptophan which means... nearly everything lol. Cheese, red wine, port, gently slumbering in front of an open fire on a freezing night. Ah, memories.

#8 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:28 PM

Every thing I read about Syrian rue sounds unpleasant.

#9 panaho

panaho

Keyboard Krusader

• Free Member
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

syrian rue aka moso will do wonders with anything including mushrooms. spores are pruduced spawn is generated. And yes you can grow spores with amaranth.

#10 Cybilopsin

Cybilopsin

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 190 posts

Donator

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:30 PM

Asking the right questions, you are~

Meaning naturally, the kind I can answer :)))

Well, not quite the second one, less that I can answer whether amaranath works and more that its been on my mind. From what ive studied, the use of any unhulled grain has a 75% chance of working if hydrated to under field capacity, and sterilized properly.
The 25% taken out of that percentage represents my estimate for failures due to user error.
People around here dont experiment much with new grains, more stick to the tried and true (no doubt this is me speaking out my ass more than anything). But if you comsider all of rice, corn, millet, grass seed, rye berries, wheat berris, irish oatmeal etc. all work, well why the fuck not amaranth? Pigweed is endogenous here for sure. Would make a good permaculture system: All you need is to till the soil and maybe throw in some municpal compost and pigweed sprouts up everywhere, no work needed--- then you could harvest grains in the fall and sterilize. Just make sure theyre unhulled. Chaff may be fine too, cant say for certain.

Yeah Syrian Rue works as advertised. I brewed an extremely large batch in a french press. Watch your diet, please dont kill yourself by mixing your MAOI with the wrong food/meds. Thanks.

Syrian rue gave me the wildest trip of my life, but i dont know how many shrooms i ultimately ate and it may have been a lot. I took my pants off on the Washington Dc lincoln memorial park near comstitution ave, if that gives you an idea of how fucked up i was ( its like the most tourist/high class piece of sidewalk in the country, almost lol).

Syrian rue intensified my trip. It wiuld be surprising if it doesn't change the trip, as it makes your physiology change to potentiate the shrooms-- its not like it really doubles the amount of active ingredient, it works on your body instead, so no doubt at least the length of trip - intensity - dosage equation is different then on normal shrooms.

If i were to so it today as a rich adult I would look for the best quality rue, if only in hopes that the taste would be decent.
  • MLBjammer, wharfrat, scott_1971_h and 1 other like this

#11 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 233 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

I am beginning to suspect shrooms will get stuck into nearly anything.... I'm going to try them on poppy seed. Seems like they like anything that's clean.

#12 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 7,973 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:35 AM

Syrian rue gave me the wildest trip of my life, but i dont know how many shrooms i ultimately ate and it may have been a lot. I took my pants off on the Washington Dc lincoln memorial park near comstitution ave, if that gives you an idea of how fucked up i was ( its like the most tourist/high class piece of sidewalk in the country, almost lol).

You ain't trippin if you ain't naked!

Add this

rich adult

And I'm in love. :hug:

• MLBjammer likes this

#13 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:52 AM

Who doesnt know the lincoln memorial? I'll bet there's a file on that streaker Nancy saw...

• MLBjammer likes this

#14 sandman

sandman

Essence of Gypsum

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,912 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:10 AM

Amaranth grain looks like an incredible pain in the ass. It looks identical to millet but 1/8 as big, and millet is friggin tiny. I foresee enormous problems with draining and drying the grain to a proper moisture level. If it's anything like millet, it's a bit harder to hydrate than other grains, seems to have a tougher shell to get through. There is no reason it wouldn't work if you can get it hydrated properly, i just think you'll end up with too wet grain without a whole lot of extra work. It would probably take way longer to colonize than larger grain as well.

• MLBjammer likes this

#15 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:51 AM

I can't keep the deer from eating every amaranth plant I grow.........and aside from shooting all the deer which I'm not going to do it's not happening here........

Personally I'm just starting into work with oats.......... they're pretty cheap.......for now......

As far as rue goes, eat 5 grams of dried ovoids...........you won't need no stinking rue............ :biggrin:

But you'll likely get naked, and probably body painted, maybe even arrested at some point.........

To me it's like asking if I can put a rocket engine on my Harley.......the answer is SURE.....but why?

As always....just my twisted two cents...........

A

• MLBjammer, MrModeon and jkdeth like this

#16 orangutan

orangutan

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 229 posts

Donator

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:43 AM

Yeah, once I ground syrian rue in a coffee grinder, mixed it with hot water, and swallowed it with some dried mushrooms.  I started tripping in 15 minutes and almost felt a rush like MDMA.  I had to leave my friends behind and go into the woods by myself and be completely dissolved from reality.  I peed on myself and rolled around in the leaves apparently.  I would not repeat it.  I also do not regret doing it.  Be cautious.

• MLBjammer likes this

#17 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:19 AM

I can't keep the deer from eating every amaranth plant I grow.........and aside from shooting all the deer which I'm not going to do it's not happening here........

Personally I'm just starting into work with oats.......... they're pretty cheap.......for now......

As far as rue goes, eat 5 grams of dried ovoids...........you won't need no stinking rue............ :biggrin:

But you'll likely get naked, and probably body painted, maybe even arrested at some point.........

To me it's like asking if I can put a rocket engine on my Harley.......the answer is SURE.....but why?

A

How do you like the oats?

• Arathu likes this

#18 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:31 AM

A

How do you like the oats?

I've only fiddled with hydration so far but things will be coming off the agar soon I hope..............

• MLBjammer likes this

#19 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,354 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:14 AM

I am telling you--1 cup of oats, 1/2 cup of water to a quart jar.  15 PSI for 90 minutes.  Shake well when cooled enough to handle.  They have been perfect every time, not too wet, easy to shake during colonization, and finish quickly.  I have run over a hundred jars this way--and not one loser in the bunch.  And oats are as good a spawn as anything I have tried--rye, rice, popcorn, millet, WBS.

That is my experience anyway.  It's simple, fast, easy and efficient.

I hope you're finding lots of goodies in your shaman pouches, my friend.

• Arathu and tailsmcsnails like this

#20 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 7,973 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:11 PM

I haven't been as impressed with oats as many good growers are. So, this time I tried adding picking lime in the  steep water. Maybe the calcium will make a bigger fan of them.

• sandman likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!