Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

We have a new adoptee...................

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,980 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:41 PM

This little guy will be joining the menagerie in 2 weeks. He was abandoned, and is not weened yet.

(this somehow seems to be a prerequisite for cats that find their way to us)

Binx is a perfect cat, but has bonded on me. He allows my partner to play a few games with him, but I am the one he comes to for lap time and purr. My partner wants a cat that will do this with him.

I tried to explain that I am a spirit cat, and cats sense a like spirit and are attracted to me. We are going to work from day one with him doing the providing of food and cuddles, and see if we can get a bond formed because my partner loves cats, but they all seem to gravitate to me.

We shall see, but he is a cutie........

post-126525-0-90295900-1492490377.jpg

unnamed (7).jpg    unnamed (6).jpg

unnamed (8).jpg

unnamed (4).jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 17 April 2017 - 11:42 PM.

• Myc, coorsmikey, PsyBearknot and 10 others like this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 5,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:55 AM

awww. i love red heads, or is the dead heads.. nah nah.. i like both  :biggrin:

• coorsmikey, wildedibles, Skywatcher and 1 other like this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,123 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:31 AM

Why the two weeks wait?

• wildedibles likes this

#4 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,980 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

Why the two weeks wait?

The girl who has him now, from a box left at her doorstep is doing the weening. Having done this, I am all too happy to let someone do all the work with formula, and first training. I also know she is emotionally invested, and wants to know the kittens are ok to leave to their new homes. They will all be weened in 2 weeks, amd then he can come to his new forever home.

• Coopdog, wildedibles, PirateFarmer and 2 others like this

#5 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

Mycotopia's only leucistic cat and bat hybrid©

• OG VIP
  • 7,678 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:16 AM

Oh. My. God.

It's soooooo cute!
  • wildedibles likes this

#6 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,356 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

You guys are really softening me up.................

A

• wildedibles likes this

#7 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

Mycotopia's only leucistic cat and bat hybrid©

• OG VIP
  • 7,678 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:51 AM

You guys are really softening me up.................

A

I find it happens with age too.
  • Arathu, wildedibles and Spooner like this

#8 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,961 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:06 AM

,DAWWWWW that's too cute!
  • wildedibles and Skywatcher like this

#9 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,198 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:12 AM

:) Looks as cute as my orange cats :) give your partner a treat bag ...this kitty being fed by hand will have an attachment to people hoping that you each have a cuddle buddy cuz even tho you have two laps well it can get kinda crouded :) give your partner the treat bag ......
  • Skywatcher, Juthro and Spooner like this

#10 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,980 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:50 PM

Well, Augustus, "Gus" came home yesterday. He has been adjusting well, it is the older (1 year) cat Binx, that has the issue. Gus has no fear of the dogs, and the worst so far is an over cleaning with two tongues, that left him a bit wet headed. (not that he seemed to mind)

Binx however seems to have forgotten what a cat is, and acts afraid, but maybe he is just worried his throne will have to be shared now. This is to be my partners lap kitty, so I have had a hard time not getting too much contact. He's too cute not to give a hug. We have discovered last night he is an excellent climber, and gets anywhere he has determined is his objective.  My partner is disabled now, so guess who gets the doodie duty?

Heres some updated pics..............

Playing with the new pom-pom

1906.jpeg

first minute free from the carrier

20170504_131102_1493994167986.jpg

Settling in on my partners lap

May assortment 022.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 05 May 2017 - 06:51 PM.

• Coopdog, wildedibles and Juthro like this

#11 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,198 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

I keep pshing the like buttn :) wont work buddy very cute ...remind your partner at that age they wanna cuddle when they wanna they do more climbing the walls lol I still remember my oldestt boy cuddelingg with 6 little kittens they were all over but alltouching him sleeping and I hear a "mom help I cant moe or I will squisha kitten" lol ....my cuddle budy likes having naps with me I rub his belley and we both fall asleep ....spoil them with love and they r bound to love you ....xcept the cat we named george :) I wanna love you and squeese you and call you george....no way did he like that :)
  • Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#12 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,980 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:50 PM

I think we can safely say, Binx has decided that Gus is his new little buddy.................

Binx and Gus 11.jpg   Binx and Gus 12.jpg

post-126525-0-88624000-1495165786.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 18 May 2017 - 10:52 PM.

• Coopdog, wildedibles, Juthro and 1 other like this

#13 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,198 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:00 AM

gotta love the cuddle bugs :)
is he trying to teach him to hunt yet ....:) I remember the older cat male teaching the young kittens how to hunt grasshoppers :) ....My cats here like to protect my garden from grasshoper pests or other bugs :) they will find a bear spot to lay and my older cat knows mom dont like him digging in the garden but hes allowed to let a pee out as long as hes not digging it ;) ....garden guard cats :)

#14 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,980 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:21 AM

Where I live, cats that are allowed outside become "have you seen me" posters on the mailbox in a matter of weeks. I have not let any cats outside for their own protection.

That said, the instincts are strong in cats and they quickly find indoor substitutes for outdoor behaviors. Binx has been teaching hunting techniques, like pounce, stealth and attack, and the importance of obtaining high up perching position, to better attack to dogs tails.

They quickly concluded that the other individual litter box's should be used whenever possible by the wrong cat, so as to better make sure scent marking is equally divided. Along these lines, eating the other cats food is always better than eating your own. (except that we want the kitten to get kitten food)

Lap training is not going as well as hoped. Even though I have made sure to never feed Gus, and try to always put him with my partner when he is in a "lap mood", for some reason, both Binx and Gus seem to feel my lap is the most desirable position in the house. I don't get it...............

My partner supplies all the play time, feeds, allows sleep time in bed at night, and just wants some lap time. I however am the one that all cats are drawn to. Its like they consider me the leader Leopard, and feel they must compete for my attention.

(I really don't mind)

• wildedibles likes this

#15 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,198 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:35 AM

hahahaha pets are too funny ......I say that you need to sit beside or sit on your partner then he can have the kitten for lap time :) See there is always a way ......It be just like Po tryin to sit on my knee tho ....you ever hear of a donkey pile :) lol My Uncle would wrestle all us kids then pile us all on top of one another "donkey pile" ......My cat Moris usually dosnt bug me too much in bed but last night man oh man he wanted to sleep with me or should I say I wanted to sleep but he wanted me to pet him .....hes tricky tho cuz he rolls over so you can pet his belly and when you do haha its a trick and he claws you pretty good he was doing this trick so I pulled the blanket over him and rubed his belly then :) at least I still have some meat on my hands that my girl rabbit didnt tke off yet ;)

maybe you just need the right lap blanket??

Edited by wildedibles, 21 June 2017 - 06:36 AM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#16 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,980 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:01 AM

maybe you just need the right lap blanket??

It's 108 outside.................

I don't think any kind of lap blanket is going to happen...............................

We are now discovering how well behaved Binx has been. The new child Gus, is a most adept climber, and has been busy discovering how to scale furniture to get to forbidden places where he delights in pushing breakables off the edge.......

I have never had to child proof a house for a kitten.

• wildedibles likes this

#17 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,198 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:59 AM

:) LMAO Best laugh of the day buddy ......its always the animas that get the laughs :) therapy animals
I forgot your in a totally diff place then I am in you can still have a lap blanket here ;)
....baby proofing is way harder doing it for animals then kids :) animals can dissaapear quicker on ya well sometimes .....my youngest being ADHD had to know what everything does ....some animals are more hyper then others these can be the smart ones cuz they r aways trying things out ....

....now did we mention that animals take and give energies to us well they flow .....when I am hurting bad I will have one or both cats on my sore spots they find them and lay beside me ......did you say that he cuddles in bed with him?? maybe this is the prefered way to lay beside your partner where the cat can feel energies from thier back? .... when my cats sit on my lap its usualy thier time when I give them energie ...play petting rubbing a belly etc... maybe the kitten dosnt wanna steal energy from him he wants to give him energy??

Edited by wildedibles, 21 June 2017 - 10:01 AM.

• Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!