• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:28 PM

So I've been planning a DMT experience for this summer when I can get away and go to the woods.  I've looked into extraction and could do it but I think I'd rather try tea even with the puke, shits and all that .

I see mimosa hostilis is readily available on ebay but seems a little pricey.  Its my understanding you need an activator as well so I need to research that more as well.  It does seem a more tried and true route.  If anyone knows of a more affordable source I'd love to know.  Also what is the recommended dose.  It seems to be sold in amounts of 20 grams and up.

Canary reed grass, phalaris aruninacea also grows wild where I live.  I've seen mixed reports on it.  Also appears to be toxic in livestock but only after ingestion of la.rge amounts for several weeks. 

Also considering Illionois bundle flower which doesn't grow here but I can get seeds on ebay and grow them out.

Keeping costs down would be nice as I also have friends I'd like to set up.  Also curious what my legal liabilities are for hooking them up if they flip out which I've heard is sometimes possible.  One reason also I'd like to focus on tea as it seems to be legal but extraction is not.

You guys have been so helpful in the past and I'm looking forward to your responses.

#2 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,461 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:03 PM

If price is important you can use Syrian Rue as the "activator". Activator is a good word but it's better and important that you understand that it is an MAOI.

MAOI's interact with and sometimes potentiate or add leverage to other drugs. This matters if you or your friends are taking any of several other common drugs. BAD things can happen. So, you need to due the diligence and learn what you need to know about MAOI's.   Take this as the gospel truth.

Another good  MAOI, and preferred by most experienced Aya drinkers, is Caapi vine. It costs a bit more but as far as I'm concerned this trip is worth any price. Look online. There are vendors around selling it. If I recall correctly you need about 80 grams of dry weight caapi vine beaten and ground into a powder to make the tea.

Consider Psychotria Viridis leaf for your DMT component.  This one is trickier to dose because the strength of the leaf is notoriously variable. Good leaf requires only 9 dry grams to get you where you want to go. I've heard of others that require 50 grams. So, you could buy 20x what you might need and make a tea of it. Then concentrate the tea by evaporation down to probable doses of 10 grams. Drink the PV tea in increments of those 10 grams until you hit the sweet spot. Whatever you have left over will freeze and keep for a couple years in the freezer.

I heartily endorse the idea of being in the woods, or at least indoors where you have access to nature. This trip ain't for people and partying. It's much more about what's inside you than getting hammered drinking around a campfire. Not that I"m saying it sounds like your plan, only that IME this trip is for laying low and travelling within.

As to liability for drugging your friends - now you're talking like a lawyer and not a shaman. If you aren't confident of what you're doing dosing others or don't know them well enough to trust them to trust you........

And look forward to this. It's one of life's beautiful gifts.

• coorsmikey, OysterFarmer and jkdeth like this

#3 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 460 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

Curious about this as well. However I feel ayahuasca needs to be a guided experience. Not sure about a straight out DMT "trip". I really know little about it.

#4 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:58 PM

I've considered doing this. As one of my posts indicated sometime ago. 

But, I probably won't anytime soon. Mushrooms are my deal lately. Ayahuasca maybe in the future, maybe not. 

I would have fun brewing it though... yes damn I would. I'd buy some mapacho too and smoke it while it brews. Ayahuasca was good to me. I'd love to meet her again... one day. 

#5 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:54 PM

I did consider the Syrian rue.  My understanding is that the dmt is immediately processed by the body in its natural state.  The activator is needed to be taken first to prevent the body from immediately processing and excreting the dmt.

I will look into those sources.

And as far as sounding like a lawyer it seems like someone should at least be willing to take up the ball and run with something like this.  The world certainly needs it.  People will unfortunately sometimes have transference of their painful experiences onto someone near them trying to help them through it.  It is a well known factor in psychology.  You can never be confident of what someone else has locked up inside of them.  Only they can and unfortunately in this world a lot of people aren't willing nor able to take responsibility for their actions.

I would of course be doing all of this first myself to ascertain the level of safety.  I've obviously done lots of mushrooms and my level to get freaked out is pretty low by now although I can't comment on what Ahayuasca would do to me cause I've never done it.  I would like to start something which is a little more open .  I'd like to get more people doing mushrooms but of course it is illegal at the moment.  Ahayuasca is not in the right settings.  I've already made the necessary steps towards establishing a legal entity for this process.

#6 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 115 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:29 AM

All the info you could want is available at DMT Nexus.

• OysterFarmer likes this

#7 Final

Final

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:18 PM

imo skip the aya and go str8 to smoking Diana .

if your set on drinking it .

if u dont care bout tradition .

acrb or mhrb plus syrian rue extract or pure harmala  

if using acrb assume it has 1-3% alks in it.   dose based on 30-60 mg of Spice .  ( 5 grams of acrb can be 50mg alks - 150 mg. )

if mhrb assume 1.5-2%

unless u have Spice . best to start low like 3-5 grams bark . if that failed then up it by 3 g next time.

sometimes aya can take up to hour to onset. 

always start with 3-5g  per dose on new batches of bark. Sometimes potency can vary . trust me on that one lol . 

they say best on empty stomach, but your asking for a ulcer doing that. and recomend eating on an empty stomach like 1/4 cup cook plain rice or any Tyramine restricted food.

http://www.upmc.com/...diet-facts.aspx

http://www.holistico...ctions_MAOI.htm

Disclaimer, im not licensed to give medical advice, so please check with a doctor, or AT YOUR OWN RISK research the above links and many others such as but not limited to

MAOI  food & drug interactions etc . as well as Seratonin Syndrome symptoms .

#8 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 275 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:33 PM

Curious about this as well. However I feel ayahuasca needs to be a guided experience. Not sure about a straight out DMT "trip". I really know little about it.

From the reports I've been reading a lot of the 'guided' experiences are done by people with high sketch factors.  This is probably inevitable when something starts to go into the mainstream and less than scrupulous people start to try and make a fast buck.

Laura Lyon speaks to this on the Joe Rogan podcast.  She says one of her first guys groped her and others while she was under.  I've also had people give me psychedelics years ago and then screw with me when I was under.  I'd just as soon be by myself.

That doesn't mean you couldn't some day become the one reliable person that offers the service.

• Coopdog likes this

#9 Final

Final

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:22 PM

From the reports I've been reading a lot of the 'guided' experiences are done by people with high sketch factors.  This is probably inevitable when something starts to go into the mainstream and less than scrupulous people start to try and make a fast buck.

Laura Lyon speaks to this on the Joe Rogan podcast.  She says one of her first guys groped her and others while she was under.  I've also had people give me psychedelics years ago and then screw with me when I was under.  I'd just as soon be by myself.

That doesn't mean you couldn't some day become the one reliable person that offers the service.

IMO if you have a lot of confidence and conviction then guiding is not needed. This isnt going to make you think your smoking a cigar with a friend, but what is actually happening is your rolling on the ground like a ball lol . 

at worst case the MAOI might make you feel a little tipsy or drunk (minus the drunken stupidity ).  

If anything a Sitter who know CPR is prolly better then some guide who does not .

ive Only done Regular leaf salvia (as teen, and once or twice more several months ago )  Ayahuasca & Diana .

I always prefer Tripping alone or somewhat picky on trip partners .

• Coopdog likes this

#10 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 115 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:16 PM

You are doing a lot of trial and error type experimentation with a potentially powerful product if you do it by yourself.  I feel confident doing mushrooms or vaped DMT by myself.  Even if I had Aya of a known mixture and potency I would not do it by myself.  Also you say you would like to share with friends. That sounds like a huge risk to me.

DMT is cheap and easy to get.  Why not try that first.

• Coopdog likes this

#11 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,150 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:06 PM

An extreme vomiting reflex can damage your lower esophageal sphincter.   IOW, it can cause a hiatal hernia.  Is that ever an issue with aya?

#12 Final

Final

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

You are doing a lot of trial and error type experimentation with a potentially powerful product if you do it by yourself.  I feel confident doing mushrooms or vaped DMT by myself.  Even if I had Aya of a known mixture and potency I would not do it by myself.  Also you say you would like to share with friends. That sounds like a huge risk to me.

Aya  can be done alone. ive done so many times. was doing it 3-6 times a week for several months . 

start low, if it was a miss call it a day and tried again the next day.  ( its what i did ) 

however if your adding poisonous plants like Sanango then yeah  probably best to not mess with it. 

#13 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 275 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:26 PM

Aya  can be done alone. ive done so many times. was doing it 3-6 times a week for several months . 

start low, if it was a miss call it a day and tried again the next day.  ( its what i did ) 

however if your adding poisonous plants like Sanango then yeah  probably best to not mess with it. 

That's how I've been doing my mushrooms for years.  First I try a small amount on myself so I can know what the potency is before I give them to friends.  I'd never take a massive dose of anything I wasn't familiar with.

#14 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,461 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:34 PM

An extreme vomiting reflex can damage your lower esophageal sphincter.   IOW, it can cause a hiatal hernia.  Is that ever an issue with aya?

not in my experience. an aya vomit is not a horribly violent thing like a really bad influenza.

to tell the truth it's quite welcome when it comes and not a violent physical clenching

I think the vomiting comes from two things

1. people with delicate tastes and low tolerance for discomfort

2. crudely prepared admixtures. filter each component enough times and nausea is a light, quick, and very tolerable irritant as opposed to the hours of shits and puking which define the early part of many "unfiltered" trips

Edited by pharmer, 22 April 2017 - 05:08 PM.

• OysterFarmer and sparrow95 like this

#15 Final

Final

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:04 AM

not in my experience. an aya vomit is not a horribly violent thing like a really bad influenza.

to tell the truth it's quite welcome when it comes and not a violent physical clenching

I think the vomiting comes from two things

1. people with delicate tastes and low tolerance for discomfort

2. crudely prepared admixtures. filter each component enough times and nausea is a light, quick, and very tolerable irritant as opposed to the hours of shits and puking which define the early part of many "unfiltered" trips

The Tannins and or the PH being very acidic. 

using Egg whites and heating the final cook to at least 165 F , then adding a few egg whites in can absorb quite a bit of tannins with out grabbing any spice . then removing the fully cooked egg whites, but since your using Raw meats you have to use switch utensils as the egg cooks or wash the ones your using to prevent Cross Contamination .

Edited by Final, 23 April 2017 - 03:05 AM.

#16 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

So I've got about two ounces of capi vine powdered and 2 ounces give or take of the mimosa powdered.  I'd like to start small just to get a feel of it.  I think I got a pretty good deal.  All together I think it was less than thirty bucks for all of it. 

I'm thinking boil the two for 12 hours in a crock pot overnight.  Then boil down into a cup sized portion.

I'm thinking a small amount of like 5 grams each just to get a feel for it.

Thoughts?

#17 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 115 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:27 PM

I suggest making 2 separate boils and mixing when you drink it. That way you can adjust the mixture.  Start with a low dose of each and gradually get where you want to be. Each liquid extract will keep in the fridge for a long time.

#18 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 275 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:30 PM

I suggest making 2 separate boils and mixing when you drink it. That way you can adjust the mixture.  Start with a low dose of each and gradually get where you want to be. Each liquid extract will keep in the fridge for a long time.

Wouldn't it make more sense to throw all the boils in a glass gallon jug and doing a test?

I have seen that a lot of the people doing this will put it in jars to store it.  They do say that the taste declines with age though.

#19 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 115 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:50 PM

It tastes bad.  you can boil it down to a thick syrup so you only need about 30 ml.  You don't yet know what ratio you want so if it's in 2 jars you can vary it.  Two 1/2 pint mason jars in the fridge would be a good way to store it.

I have researched this but not made it.  I have only done Ayahuasca in a ceremony.  I have read on the Nexus of many peoples attempts.  I suggest there is where you will get your best info.

Edited by sparrow95, 30 April 2017 - 06:54 PM.

#20 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,472 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:17 AM

MAOI's react with cheeses, smoked meats, grapefruit, and a host of other foods. You should abstain from these foods for a few days before and after taking a powerful maoi.

You could try the much more moderate maoi of passionflower extract which I have used occasionally to extend mushie trips, and will work with smoked dmt as well.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!