sparrow95

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 73 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:52 AM

Funny, but good insights also.

Yes I was impressed with his reasoning. She made many good points.

#5 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,376 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:15 PM

that was a joke right? I mean c'mon, how can anyone dressed like that be taken seriously.....

#6 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 73 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:34 PM

that was a joke right? I mean c'mon, how can anyone dressed like that be taken seriously.....

Yes it's humorous.  Yes I can take it seriously. I think the logic and common sense of his/her arguments is effectively presented.

• Juthro likes this

#7 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/(^ x ^)\

• OG VIP
  • 7,196 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

Yes it's humorous.  Yes I can take it seriously. I think the logic and common sense of his/her arguments is effectively presented.

agreed.

• Arathu likes this

#8 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,842 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

I totally cracked up at, "Nazi whisperer."  I will look forward to more from this quarter.  I liked the production values as well.  Two thumbs up!

#9 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:49 PM

That was impressive..................very intelligently presented.................

Beings are just beings and none of us are these meat suits we wear..............

A

• Alder Logs likes this

#10 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 73 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:21 AM

I totally cracked up at, "Nazi whisperer."  I will look forward to more from this quarter.  I liked the production values as well.  Two thumbs up!

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

There's more on you tube   "ContraPoints"

Edited by sparrow95, 20 April 2017 - 12:24 AM.

• Arathu likes this

#11 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,376 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:15 AM

I guess I missed his points, as I was too dumbfounded that someone that would present themselves like that and try to be taken seriously....

• Arathu likes this

#12 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/(^ x ^)\

• OG VIP
  • 7,196 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:28 AM

I guess I missed his points, as I was too dumbfounded that someone that would present themselves like that and try to be taken seriously....

I guess that it doesn't even phase me having lived in Manhattan, Philly, Boston, etc.. weirdos in drag is par for the course.  :biggrin:

#13 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,842 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:49 AM

I suppose I was changed from such a prejudiced position by having had a friend come into my life who was a transsexual.   While her outward presentation was beyond what I might understand, the human inside was completely genuine.   I met her initially at a couple environmental actions and political gatherings, and when after one of her many firings from jobs she was well qualified to perform, but let go as a victim of what was a quietly acceptable bigotry in that day, she was injured on a job she should never have had to take, and finding herself homeless, I offered her a place to live, care-taking my property while I was off care-taking someone else's.   This brought her into my community of neighbors and friends, where she did not go unknown and unappreciated for who she was.  

Manhattan, Philly, Boston, or the sticks of the Washington Coast, a little escape from our insular boxes can do wonders toward the expansion of our realms of possibility, should we choose to let it.

Edited by Alder Logs, 20 April 2017 - 10:51 AM.

• Arathu, Juthro, CatsAndBats and 1 other like this

#14 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:14 AM

I'm certain that his points are specifically intended to illicit that response in people...........and hopefully we ask ourselves "why" would we respond that way........

The first thing I did was take notes of my own feelings, thoughts, expressions and reactions to him in his various guises and characters........which WE ALL are doing in our own ways anyway.......

I ask myself what makes me think my characters, and there are definitely more than one, are any more or less valid than his/hers?

His intent, after having watched more of his presentations is to consciously bring about evolutionary steps in inter human relations...............IMHO

A

EDIT: That, in my personal experiences and self development, involves "digging in the dirt" Where are my values placed? What are my beliefs? Where did they come from? What effects do they have on me, my fellow humans, and the entire world around me? Can I change? Should I change? And off into my inner travels I go in search of???????? Deep personal work which has resulted in my own development and understanding of evolution under will....................

Edited by Arathu, 20 April 2017 - 11:22 AM.

• Juthro and sparrow95 like this

#15 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/(^ x ^)\

• OG VIP
  • 7,196 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

Plus her self deprecating humor is endearing. The cut aways of drinking as an example.

• sparrow95 likes this

#16 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,376 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:39 AM

I have a couple trans friends......They don't dress like something out of the rocky horror picture show......

#17 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/(^ x ^)\

• OG VIP
  • 7,196 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:57 AM

I have a couple trans friends......They don't dress like something out of the rocky horror picture show......

So they're boring?

Off topic, are you smoking/consuming extra herbage for 420 @fungi2 ?

https://mycotopia.ne...-its-your-duty/

#18 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,682 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:41 PM

In my case, I tend to take folks like that more seriously than the stuffed-shirts since it's generally people who try too hard to look/dress "serious" and "professional" who are trying to pull some kind of con or scam. 

Oddballs, freaks, and weirdos don't build nukes or engage in geopolitical brinksmanship with them, or manifest rabidly-reactionary Nationalism, or systematically and unsustainably pillage the biosphere and have no intention of stopping, or seek to impose Total Surveillance on the entire planet, etc.. It's the "normal," "serious," and "mature" people who pull that kind of shit.

Granted, from the perspective of those who are labeled oddballs, freaks, or weirdos it's the Normals, Pinks, Con-Dupes, and assorted "serious" folks who appear freaky, odd, and weird. But that's how labels and definitions go when one is not an enthusiastically-compliant cog in the dominant paradigm du jour (e.g. the folks who get labelled "normal," at least for the moment).

• Alder Logs, sparrow95 and Cuboid like this

#19 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/(^ x ^)\

• OG VIP
  • 7,196 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:09 PM

In my case, I tend to take folks like that more seriously than the stuffed-shirts since it's generally people who try too hard to look/dress "serious" and "professional" who are trying to pull some kind of con or scam. 

Oddballs, freaks, and weirdos don't build nukes or engage in geopolitical brinksmanship with them, or manifest rabidly-reactionary Nationalism, or systematically and unsustainably pillage the biosphere and have no intention of stopping, or seek to impose Total Surveillance on the entire planet, etc.. It's the "normal," "serious," and "mature" people who pull that kind of shit.

Granted, from the perspective of those who are labeled oddballs, freaks, or weirdos it's the Normals, Pinks, Con-Dupes, and assorted "serious" folks who appear freaky, odd, and weird. But that's how labels and definitions go when one is not an enthusiastically-compliant cog in the dominant paradigm du jour (e.g. the folks who get labelled "normal," at least for the moment).

Preach it brother, preach it!  Gimme all the weirdos, hippies, dorks, fatties, stoners, fags, et al..

• TVCasualty and sparrow95 like this

#20 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,682 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:18 PM

Preach it brother, preach it!  Gimme all the weirdos, hippies, dorks, fatties, stoners, fags, et al..

Whoa, hold on a second... Hippies?!?

Let's not get carried away...

Cant-Arrest-The-Awakeing-770x582.jpg

• Alder Logs likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!