#1 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,334 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:02 PM

Hi its me again,
Short story, recently I grew out some seeds Dinafem OG Kush that had good reports via Google searching the marijana forums also seedfinder I've been looking to get this strain for awhile . . I eventually ended up with two plants to take cuts for making clones I intended to use both as mothers to supply me with enough (7-10) clones a week for a while, it's gona be on a perpetual SOG micro grow.

So the one pheno turned out to be purple I don't know if there was a mix up at the baby factory or what and In comparison to it's seed sisters structure the buds are larger and very golfball like, if they were larger plants they'd be the size of ping pong balls that's great for me, so that's what I'm shooting for this grow, bigger and better, we'll see.

Speaking of structure the purple pheno grows tall in veg but as far as I can tell in bloom it's has the same stretch about 1.2 X's this slso works for me . . (see pictures below) in the comparison pic's the blue/purple pheno will always be on the left side.

This particular version of OG is an okay yielder so if potency is equal or better to its sister it will address that specific weak point of this strain meaning yield . . The thread will prolly start off slow and hopefully be intresting enough to follow as it moves along, I'll point out the changes I made different from the first grow where I grew multiple branches on each plant this time they'll be single colas with higher soil to plant ratio.

That's it for the intro and will keep the thread update it's kind of thinking out loud, it's good therapy : )

Mostly lower buds showing the differance in sizes
2017-04-19 18.03.34.jpg

2017-04-19 18.40.21-1.jpg
Above the one on right is in a 32 oz BigGulp cup all the other 4 are in 17-18 oz's of Promix and perlite.
The purple are far more chunky and many are double one on each side.

comparison
20170418_185748-1.jpg

Showing purple
20170415_010320.jpg 20170415_014825.jpg
20170415_014843-1.jpg

The baby's I'll be cloning the lower branches as the plant will be single cola's and will also give a chance for roots to fill in
20170418_185954-1.jpg 20170418_185925-1-1.jpg 20170418_175525-1.jpg

Edited by Hash_Man, 19 April 2017 - 06:46 PM.

• -=Zeus=-, wildedibles, Skywatcher and 4 others like this

#2 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,381 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:39 PM

really nice , you are lucky. I can't wait for your smoke report. I hope your purple phenol is as potent as the others. After reading this I think I need to sprout the 2 OG seed's I have to see what they produce.

good therapy
  • Hash_Man and Lakegal7 like this

#3 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,564 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:26 AM

Lookin' tasty brother.... :biggrin:

• Hash_Man likes this

#4 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,334 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:36 AM

After reading this I think I need to sprout the 2 OG seed's I have to see . . "

Do it! Yea that's what I'm talking about

#5 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,334 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

This is weird anyone have this two branches or two set of leaf coming from one node?

I looked on line even under polyploids and mutants didn't fine anything, is it common? If it is this has opened up lots of posiblitys of yield for me . . I should get out more lol,

I'm mean like I've never noticed this shit from other plants, I did note in the first post of the thread that there were some double buds but not all, this is the first time I'm 'knowingly' using triacontanol in the nute line I'm using. I've mostly only SOG'ed, supercroped and LST and/or when I do cut off above a node it was to force growth to other areas but never noticed the two branch thing ....anybody?

I mean like, I think I like it, but wuz up with it?
20170420_213854.jpg

20170420_213925.jpg 20170420_213932.jpg

Edited by Hash_Man, 21 April 2017 - 01:52 PM.

• Lakegal7 likes this

#6 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,334 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:46 AM

Even though it's difficult to show the size and weight differents here's a few comparison photos. Even though the tops are bigger a thing I think makes a difference is the lower bubs development thus justifying why I'm sharing this side project, I feel the last image shows best how much more chunkier the Purple pheno is.

Note: the shoe was to hold the plant from falling over its really heavy also its only in 17 oz of soil.

20170430_102813-1.jpg 20170430_102813.jpg 20170430_102626.jpg

Note: below image is not difinitive as both pic's where cropped on my phone but it is close, as you can see in the photo's the stems and pot size are relatively the same size.

20170429_193046-1.3.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170429_193046-1.3.jpg

Edited by Hash_Man, 30 April 2017 - 11:56 AM.

• fungi2bwith, wildedibles, Skywatcher and 4 others like this

#7 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,381 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:07 PM

I've seen 3 branches at one node , its called whorled phylotaxi, it fairly rare but many see it if they start enough seeds. I've seen small buds form at the base of leaves where the leaves come off the stem.

Nice grow you got going.

You guys make some nice lights, I think I need to build some or buy the materials and have my brother put it together while I watch.
  • Hash_Man and Lakegal7 like this

#8 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,334 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

Yea man,

There is that instructional on the Cree CXB3070 if go with the bigger one the 3590 the wiring be the same but the heatsink you might check what Mate0x used the hardest part (I think) is tapping holes for the holder that holds the COB to the heatsink but there's some passive heatsinks with the holes predrilled, I'll find a link, PM me if you like.

Edit: https://northerngrow...ant=28957566280

Edited by Hash_Man, 30 April 2017 - 10:12 PM.

• Heirloom and Lakegal7 like this

#9 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,334 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

Update:

Re-potted but not after taking some (3) clones pretty sure you shouldn't do both at the same time. It's the first one of many to fill up the the cab also I do have another clone coming after this one so basically it's going to be a perpetual grow.

The area the cabnet is 25% less than a square meter but I'm going to open up the smaller other side of the cabnet should be able to handle a couple COB's and give me a full square meter all together. The last grow yielded short of 2 oz and only utilized a small corner of the space so I'm hopeful all things concidering.

Prolly do a two week veg then flip, I went with 1/2 gal fabric pots so i can multi-feed via top drip DTW (drain to waste) it's a very airy mix of coco and perlite.
20170521_093626-1.jpg

To be able to multi feed I bought a recycle timer that can feed down to 5 second ea. hr, it also has sensor for a night and day options 30. dollars w/free shipping at Hydro Empire it's made for CO2 enrichment. https://www.hydroemp...at-cycle-timer/
20170521_104813-1.jpg

Clones, some of you know I have trouble cloning this strain I'm trying rockwool this time I believe partly because of low temps and forgetting to water, rockwool is fairly airy and according to my info you water every other day till you pull the dome off so we'll see how it go's. I don't have a dome just a gal. zip bag it's hanging because I was having trouble the top of the bag falling over and touching the clones so I tried this.
20170521_094530.jpg

Edit: sticks to hold the plastic from touching the plants
20170521_141807.jpg

Edited by Hash_Man, 21 May 2017 - 01:41 PM.

• fungi2bwith, Skywatcher, Juthro and 2 others like this

#10 GORF

GORF

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

Is the soil, rockwool or other media pasteurized?
In the late 70s I tried several times to make clones after reading about it. I just sliced with a clean razor and stuck it in soil in a plastic Dixie cup. Failed twice and was going to give up figuring I need hormones or root stimulants. As I pulled the limp, sagging branches out of the cups I noticed one had a black specked appearance. Fungal infection of some kind. So I tried again but baked my potting soil at 250 for 1 hour. Just enough to fill 4 Dixie cups. It was dry and crumbly. Put it all in a sauce pan with 2 cups boiling water and covered and set aside. Next day I filled the cups and made cuts on my last un cut Mexican mommy. Two of them rooted. I so happy I could pop.
Anyway, if you haven't tried that. Also I'm a new face here and I understand almost everyone who contributes here is more knowledgeable of growing things than I will ever be, so please forgive my interruption if my suggestion has been factored into your methods long before I showed up.
  • wildedibles and Lakegal7 like this

#11 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,334 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

It's all cool bro, I have a friend that pasturizes used Coir but I understand that
  • wildedibles likes this

#12 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,483 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:34 AM

Is the soil, rockwool or other media pasteurized?
In the late 70s I tried several times to make clones after reading about it. I just sliced with a clean razor and stuck it in soil in a plastic Dixie cup. Failed twice and was going to give up figuring I need hormones or root stimulants. As I pulled the limp, sagging branches out of the cups I noticed one had a black specked appearance. Fungal infection of some kind. So I tried again but baked my potting soil at 250 for 1 hour. Just enough to fill 4 Dixie cups. It was dry and crumbly. Put it all in a sauce pan with 2 cups boiling water and covered and set aside. Next day I filled the cups and made cuts on my last un cut Mexican mommy. Two of them rooted. I so happy I could pop.
Anyway, if you haven't tried that. Also I'm a new face here and I understand almost everyone who contributes here is more knowledgeable of growing things than I will ever be, so please forgive my interruption if my suggestion has been factored into your methods long before I showed up.

I make my own cactus soil so I understand that you have to cook some soils so your plants can have a better start seedlings and cuttings have a they r a bit more supseptable to infections and bugs etc....
I nuke mine in the microwave but nothing lives after that ......I find Im having issues with coir only with tomatoea and sometimes my weed is having issues with it ....the bag says it has mico nutes but this isnt helping really and if any mold is around as in my friends house all his tomatoes almost croked and there is no issues before just using peat moss mix no coir
now coir is better for the enviroment but if I can only get this coir mix usable by adding a peat mix isnt not totally saving the natural peat bogs from getting harvested......but when I add enough of it the mix works perfect it dosnt even pack too tight the peat helps the water absorb right too.....add water to the soil mix before planting you get better results using it the next day ;)

now sorry for the soil high jack back to the beautiful plants :)
  • Hash_Man, Heirloom and Lakegal7 like this

#13 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,381 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:07 PM

Wild the coir has caused a lot of people problems I know I had trouble until I learned to never use Epsom salts on coir and to use cal-mag. I don't care to use coir to start seeds or to root clones in. I do use it for clones that are well rooted.
I like pro-mix got several bales ph adjusted to 7 I like peatmoss it's got humic acid too.

I saw a cactus mix a few days ago that called for coir and wondered how it might do but don't want to try it and lose seedlings or any cactus I have.

Edited by Heirloom , 22 May 2017 - 07:19 PM.

• wildedibles and Lakegal7 like this

#14 MycoMan

MycoMan

"Mycophiliac"

• Black VIP
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:51 AM

They look plump, oily and trichcombe city, the Purple Pheno is a cool find! I grew about 6 cycles about 3yrs ago and was growing "white Rhino" from nirvana seeds and I had 5 plants in a 5x5x6 tent from HTGrowsupply, 1,000 watt Hortilux hps and MH with a 1,000 watt digital ballast I could overdrive into 1,200 watts and I didn't know about her stretch being WW and an Indica cross and had to top her but her side buds were as big as any cola from anything I grew since and that was my first grow. I too would like to know on the smoke report, looks great.

Oh yeah the cooler temps will purple her up really nice and bring that expression out! sorry not trying to preach, you grow often? I only have 6 grows down but have always had mixed tents and have grown some wild ones and at least 20 different strains, White Rhino is probably the only 1 strain tent I had.

Edited by mycophiliac, 24 May 2017 - 10:54 AM.

• Hash_Man and Heirloom like this

#15 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,334 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:48 AM

Hey some nice info Mycophiliac,

Yea, I've grown for a bit, here's a partial list . .
Arjans Haze #3
Satori
Reeferman’s Grapefruit (very nice BTW)
Ultimate Indica
Grand Daddy Purple (about to grow some again)
XXX Diesel (a Colorado strain)
SFV Kush
Bubba Larry
Chronic by serious seeds

Thanks for acknowledging the the Purple kush kush was a cool find I think so too.
Also nice info on White Rhino you know the part about how the lower buds had good size.. musta been nice for a first grow for sure.

One really nice thing about this Purple pheno is I live in a warm state now and it didn't take much cool air to turn it purple, 74 degrees night cycle would have been the coldest, anyway nice having you on board bro

Edited by Hash_Man, 24 May 2017 - 01:22 PM.

• Myc, wildedibles and Heirloom like this

#16 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,381 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:38 PM

White Rhino is a favorite of mine, I wish I could get some more seeds of it.

#17 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,334 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:35 PM

Quick update:

Since the last, I transplanted both into 1/2 gal smart pots w/Coco and perlite the smaller one (closest to the front was transplanted yesterday this picture was taken this morning after feeding BioWars 'Roots' and 'Nute' pack, I've found it grows good Roots fast and a couple days after feeding this the plants drink alot also both plants feeding twice a day and have a lot of growth, the roots, and foliage I'll show you.

20170529_100208-1-1.jpg

Seven days clones still looking well no Roots showing yet but as soon as they do their getting BioWars roots!

same picture of last week but they look the same, LOL
20170525_191046.jpg

Edited by Hash_Man, 29 May 2017 - 07:58 PM.

• fungi2bwith, wildedibles, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#18 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,334 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:40 PM

Quick update

Last update 5-29- 17
20170531_201002.jpg

I think the benies really make a difference

Today 6-2-17
20170602_202422.jpg

As far as the clones well they failed again lol, I can't believe it's all me. I know they are hard to clone because I got lots of clones from it's sister. It seems the best way to clone these is air layering (that's how I got these) which I'll be doing this weekend.
I like air layering better anyways they are growing the whole time their developing Roots I'm going to be a air layering fool, yep I am.

Edited by Hash_Man, 02 June 2017 - 09:37 PM.

• Heirloom and Lakegal7 like this

#19 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,381 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:40 PM

I can see the difference they look real healthy.
  • Hash_Man likes this

#20 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,334 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:40 AM

Air layering

Here's the suff I used

20170604_114900.jpg

This is the pheno that's in veg, so I'm going to use it, basically just cloning what I'll be topping
20170604_111013.jpg

Selected a good ass healthy branch
20170604_111200.jpg

I take cigarette cellophane and snip off a thumb size hole at the bottom
20170604_111433-1.jpg

Not shown I removed the leaf and branch that was starting at the node I selected, apply rooting gel
Then using garden twist tie to hold the bottom together l, doesn't have to be fucking tight but secure not to slip down
20170604_115337.jpg

Leaving the top open to add coco with lite nutes and Heavy 16 'Roots'
20170604_115535.jpg

Then tied the top
20170604_115651.jpg

I poke about 10 small holes for some reason, it worked before, why not.
20170604_115849.jpg

Now I also took a peice of black garbage bag and poked a bunch of holes in that and tied it to prevent light.

20170604_133317.jpg 20170604_132323-1.jpg

Edited by Hash_Man, 04 June 2017 - 02:09 PM.

• Skywatcher and Lakegal7 like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!