#21 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,940 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:56 AM

Thanks for showing us , I have had hard to clone plants and this could really help me to keep them. I just hate to lose a great clone. good looking plants
  • Lakegal7 likes this

#22 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for showing us , I have had hard to clone plants and this could really help me to keep them. I just hate to lose a great clone. good looking plants

Thanks brother. I think it's better and the more I do it the easier it is, plus you don't have to wait that long period before the clone starts growing cuz it really never stops as it's always still getting nutrients from the plant. BTW I add details to the previous pictures a couple post back . . I'll be doing 3 or 4 branches heres the plant with two also put black trash bag plastic around it to prevent light
20170604_133428.jpg

Edited by Hash_Man, 04 June 2017 - 01:25 PM.

• Heirloom and Lakegal7 like this

#23 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:38 PM

8 days

I checked under the black plasic a few days ago no Roots showing through the cellophane but looking promising 20170611_143336.jpg

Edited by Hash_Man, 12 June 2017 - 01:40 PM.

• Lakegal7 likes this

#24 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:18 AM

Air layering update:

It's been over two weeks . . I'm like seeing no Roots showing on these but their looking healthy IMO. (the shininess is just from a Foilar spray)
20170618_113827-1.jpg

Edit: small note since the COB lighting has 180 degree angle and really throws quite a bit light up on the walls, the taller branches in the back are intended to stretch and utilize that space on a vertical screen (that's not installed yet), the majority of grow sites are low as you can go lol.

So the bit of impatience that I possess I had to see what the hell is going on and risked open up the cellophane to see what it looks like in there
I need to flip theses soon there are 20 plus tops that want to make buds but not till these potential clones get into cups.

I opened two of the three air layering sites was expecting nothing but did find callousing! that's good, happy dancing for me! and also the nubs that form before the rooting I wouldn't normally be excited but such a tough road. I mean shit I remember in like '08 I've cloned 50 off three small plants for a 40 site DWC grown in a cement mixing tub . . 'Different strain for different pains' I guess . . Heres a picture for you guys. I was curious about it being too wet or dry, the coco was at a good moisture consistency.
20170618_092220.jpg
I carfully packed them back up

P.S. I have some Rapid Rooters and Clonex order to be here Wednesday for regular cloning technique @Myc gave me some good tips to say the least.

Edited by Hash_Man, 18 June 2017 - 03:26 PM.

• Myc, Skywatcher, Heirloom and 1 other like this

#25 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,940 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:00 PM

The vertical screen is a good idea, increase yields using the same space and light .

I've tried hanging HPS lamps vertical with the plants around the lamp in a circle cause massive branching. I used some wire to make a cage that kept the plants from growing into the bulb or falling in from weight. I attached the wire cage (4'tall)to a fan that I used to blow away the heat. Thought about doing it again this winter to grow a few more than my normal 3 plants.
  • Hash_Man and Lakegal7 like this

#26 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 343 posts

Donator

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:25 AM

Any root growth going on?

#27 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:42 PM

Here's what I got so far, will check the other two soon 2017-06-21 18.36.09.jpg

I got my Rapid Rooters in so wrapped it carfully in one of those I'll cover it in plastic too
20170621_183400.jpg
  • Myc and Lakegal7 like this

#28 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:46 PM

Here's what I got so far, will check the other two soon had to use the rooter sponge in the background so you can see the little root2017-06-21 18.36.09.jpg

I got my Rapid Rooters in so wrapped it carfully in one of those I'll cover it in plastic too
20170621_183400.jpg

I know I should just let nature take its course but this plant is needing to get flowering grrr

Edit: this one has callousing no roots yet
20170621_194544.jpg 20170621_194857.jpg

Edited by Hash_Man, 21 June 2017 - 07:18 PM.

• Heirloom , Neptunechild and Lakegal7 like this

#29 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 343 posts

Donator

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:03 PM

Very cool Hashman
I went back to the beginning of this thread
trying to understand want your doing
Still don't quite understand but intrigued
by this.
What is cool about your grows Hashman
is keeping things under control by the size
Of your grows.
I keep getting bigger containers which isn't the smartest
way to go with a hincky back.
I think doing a SOG grow is somthing I'm going to
try this winter
Great thread Hashman

#30 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:40 PM

Just quick update:

Here's an update so you know whats taking so long. The air pruning though may have taking very well, its been scraped, as I must get these plants in flower and had topping to do.

So for the fourth of July one will go into flower waiting for the other one till a successful clone develops. The problem is they are damping off I cloned six or seven I have two that look like they may make it, their still standing and starting to yellow. This time I've lowered the humidity a little bit and making sure the cubes are moist that seems to be one area I was lacking and I'm increasing the airflow slightly and a good Ozone generator in the acting lung room to kill the nasties in the air.

here's a picture of the clones starting, I'll post a picture of the two that might make it, tonight.20170624_182651-1-1-1.jpg

Edited by Hash_Man, 03 July 2017 - 03:08 PM.

#31 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,940 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:18 PM

Sending good vibes to defeat damping off. I got an ozone generator which are great for odor control and killing germs.
  • Lakegal7 likes this

#32 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:29 PM

Here are the two clones the first one appeared to have gotten damaged by what ever it's that got the rest but it is not wet and wilted also its standing strong. Started yellowing so what the hell see what happens, you know there is some reason it's not dead. It's not really the kind of yellowing I'm looking for but I'll take it.20170703_190249-1.jpg

This one's been looking good all along, I wish I kept track if I cut it from a top or a bottom might give me a clue. 20170703_190304-1.jpg

I'm really wanting to conquer cloning this, my friends say it has a great taste and a nice high, I think so too but for me it grows nicer than the other pheno of OG and better the SFV Kush I've grown years ago so this old coot (me) concider it a keeper till something better comes along.

Edited by Hash_Man, 03 July 2017 - 06:35 PM.

• Myc, Skywatcher and Lakegal7 like this

#33 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 343 posts

Donator

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

Your younguns are looking good

#34 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:04 PM

I got roots showing so that's good news.
It's rediculus something that use to be simple has got me stumpt but I'm really learning more on this plant that gives me no mercy than on some easier cloning cannabis, it's a typical woman that wants me to understand all she going through, guess plants are no different.

picture20170705_173815-1.jpg

at this point mosty learning how to keep the moisture level of the plug and amount of fresh air exchange and it seems good lighting is important, even though in searches lots of guys don't thinks it matters, @Myc thanks and I'm trying for 100%. I've mostly followed your guidelines but this next 6 clones will be from beginning to end.

Edited by Hash_Man, 05 July 2017 - 05:39 PM.

• Myc, Skywatcher, Heirloom and 1 other like this

#35 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,940 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:38 PM

Nice Hash is that a rapid rooter? that's about it when you think you have got down they throw a curve ball
  • Hash_Man and Lakegal7 like this

#36 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:38 PM

Nice Hash is that a rapid rooter? that's about it when you think you have got down they throw a curve ball

Hi Heirloom, yea their Rapid Rooters . . and yep 'curve balls' well put : )

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!